• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Toured Crystal Shores on Sat

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Took a quick trip down to Marco Island and toured the property while there. We had no intentions of purchasing, just wanted to check out the property while we were in the area, which I told the salesperson up front. And once he found out we bought our original unit resale....we had to listen to all the reasons to buy from Marriott. Some which I happily told him he was wrong on. ;)

The resort is very different than any other Marriott property. It is very modern and some people may not like the style. From the photos, I did not think I was going to like the units, but they are actually quite impressive. The second bedroom does feel very small, but the master is a good size. Love the shower in the master bathroom as well.

Being the property is not complete yet, it was hard to really judge what it will be like once complete. However, the location can't be beat and we look forward to possibly trading there in the future. Marco Island is very laid back and relaxing.

I was absolutely floored when the salesman told us the price - way out of our league for a second unit.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We're going on a trade in late October and can't wait to see it. Don will probably like the modern decor more than I will, but we're both looking forward to seeing a new area and relaxing on the beach. We're thinking about doing some kind of day trip to the Everglades. Other than that we don't have any plans - do you have any suggestions?

We have no intention of meeting with a salesperson or any formal tour - those prices are for folks who use hundreds as matchsticks to light their stock certificate fires. :)

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some suggestions for Marco vacation

Here are a few suggestions for things to do near Marco. There is a lot more to do. I would talk with the concierge.

1. Shark Valley-eco tour within Everglades. Take an air boat ride into the "river of grass". Visit Clyde Butcher's art gallery and studio.

2. Everglades City (lunch at the Hunt Club) Maybe you will recall it was in a move "Gone Fishing" with Danny Glover and Joe Pesci. In the movie it burned down but it is still there.

3. Everglades National Park-take a tour among the 10,000 islands by kayak.

4. Stans Idle Hour bar and grill on Goodland. Don't miss it. Sunday is the best day to go. Ask locals about it. Everyone knows about it.

5. Fifth ave in downtown Naples for shopping and dinning. An adult Disneyworld. Before or after, go to Third Street South. Lot's of outdoor cafes and galleries. Tin City is kind of a tourist trap but is interesting.

6. Golf--you have over 50 courses to choose from. Many are signature courses. Gary Player, Arnold Palmer, Robert Trent Jones, Lee Trevino, Arthur Hill, Greg Norman etc.,

7. Rookery Bay-operated by the National Audobon Society. Bring binoculars and camera.

8. Naples Botanical Garden--a haven for tropical plants.

9. Isle of Capri--a fishing village with a couple of good waterside restaurants. I recommend Pelican Bend. Locally owned with great fish. Another interesting eating place on Marco is The Snook Inn in an area called Old Marco. It's a family place on the water.

10. Shopping at Waterside Shops. Loaded with upscale retailers. Venetian Village is also interesting. Shopping and dining on the water in north Napels.

Hope this is a starting place. Locals will be very helpful if you ask.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Wow, kjd, that's some list! Thanks very much. Right off the bat I love the Rookery thing but I printed your post to look at again before we go. Don's going to love chasing the birds with me. :rolleyes:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone know when Marco Island will be open for use?

What do you mean? Crystal Shores is taking reservations now.

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
We didn't do too much in the surrounding area since we were only there for a few days and wanted to just relax. I would definitely recommend going into downtown Naples to window shop and have dinner at one of the outdoor cafes. I think kjd gave you quite an extensive list for yout trip. Have fun! Marco Island is great.