• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Shearwater owner, what can I expect from Pahio?

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
After about 2 1/2 months I am now an owner at Shearwater. Will I receive anything from Pahio about my ownership? I'm not exactly even sure who to call for reservations or even how to best make reservations (email or call 14 months out but not confirmed until 12 months out?).

Anyway, we've never been to Shearwater, but it certainly seems appears to be a great resort to stay? We're hoping to be there next month, so if there are questions I can ask or notes to take, please let me know.

Any and all suggestions, comments, etc are appreciated because we certainly want to make best use of our unit, and help all Shearwater owners to learn and maximize use of this place.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think you can book 14 months ahead. I have never called that far in advance. I think the link to customer services through www.pahio.com still works. You can send an email or call them. I have found them to be very friendly at reservations.

Congrats on your Shearwater purchase. I was thinking of selling but probably won't. I can always rent out my week those years we exchange in. :)

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new purchase! You'll love Shearwater.

Yes, you can put in your reservation request 14 months in advance, which will be confirmed in 12 months. You can call, fax, mail or send an email. Below is the info:

Owner Services
Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.
3970 Wyllie Road
Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii 96722
Phone: 866-523-8477
Fax: 808-826-8147
vipservices@wyndhamvo.com

We put in our reservation request in June for our August 2008 reservation via email. After two weeks and not hearing from PAHIO, I finally called them and left a message. They returned my call and noted the request. We just received our confirmation letter (by snail mail) yesterday. Woo Hoo! We're going to Kauai next year!! :banana:

We've stayed at Shearwater twice in Unit 210 and 210. Thus far, 210 has the best views. We're confirmed in Unit 109 next year, so we may change our minds on the best unit. ;)

Did you buy directly from Shearwater or resale? If you bought resale, then more than likely you won't receive anything from PAHIO. We bought resale and didn't receive anything from them. Of course, that was before Wyndham acquired PAHIO. Who knows what they'll do now.

Enjoy your upcoming trip!

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a welcome letter from Wyndham welcoming me. I have been given a different owner number than the previous owner. They simply gave me the phone number for VIP services and accounting (maintenance fee questions).

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just noticed an error in my previous post. We've stayed in Units 210 and 212. Thus far, Unit #210 is the best.