• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Yucatán Peninsula - what's your favorite cenote?

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
i know, too many to count. But what was your most memorable cenote? Did you dive, snorkel or swim? What made it exceptional?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cenote 7 Bocas. It has a rope you can grab hold of to follow from boca to boca. I didn't go down, the whole thing looked creepy to me, but everyone in my party loved it.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cenote 7 Bocas. It has a rope you can grab hold of to follow from boca to boca. I didn't go down, the whole thing looked creepy to me, but everyone in my party loved it.
Location?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You go about 10 miles on the Puerto Morales - Leona Vicario road, it will be on the right just before the road curves from due west to northwest. It's about a mile north of the road, there is a clean driveway to get there.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You go about 10 miles on the Puerto Morales - Leona Vicario road, it will be on the right just before the road curves from due west to northwest. It's about a mile north of the road, there is a clean driveway to get there.

R_Walker

Reaction score
We traveled to Cancun due to our membership at Raintree Vacation Club, we stayed at Club Regina Cancun. Everything during our trip was very good, but what we enjoyed the most was the experience of visiting Chichen Itza and Cenote Ik Kil! To watch with your own eyes of one of the 7 Wonders of the world and getting immerse in a mayan cenote surrounded by vegetation and different kind of birds. Definitely those are some memories that made our vacations a priceless trip!

gresmi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traveled to Cancun due to our membership at Raintree Vacation Club, we stayed at Club Regina Cancun. Everything during our trip was very good, but what we enjoyed the most was the experience of visiting Chichen Itza and Cenote Ik Kil! To watch with your own eyes of one of the 7 Wonders of the world and getting immerse in a mayan cenote surrounded by vegetation and different kind of birds. Definitely those are some memories that made our vacations a priceless trip!

+1

dennisokey

Reaction score
A great little Cenote in Tankah called Casa Cenote. The owner of the restaurant close by is Gary from Dallas TX. Last time I was there he has a small dive shop and several units to rent. We used to stop there every year coming back from Tullum to snorkel. It is pretty much un-developed so never a crowd. Very laid back. https://www.casacenote.com/

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
A great little Cenote in Tankah called Casa Cenote. The owner of the restaurant close by is Gary from Dallas TX. Last time I was there he has a small dive shop and several units to rent. We used to stop there every year coming back from Tullum to snorkel. It is pretty much un-developed so never a crowd. Very laid back. https://www.casacenote.com/

Been there. Thanks.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score

Been there. Thanks.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I second (or third) Ik Kil! It's simply gorgeous. We also combined it with a trip to Chichen Itza. We have been to several cenotes in Yucatan area and this one is the best. We did the snorkeling there but that's not the highlight. All you see is balk fishes. Water was a bit chilly at first but you get used to it pretty quickly.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My most memorable was Tamcach-Ha near Coba. Steep spiral descent into dark underground hole. Two high platforms to jump off off. When we went we had the whole place to ourselves. Simply magical.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one out of puerto morelos is called Cenote Siete Bocas. There are 7 entries into the cenote, thus the name, with a ropeline connecting them in the water itself.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My fave was Cenote Car Wash...and I just found this cool video shot there!