• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham's must send for Fixed Week guest letters - Owner's Driver License

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Always in the past, Wyndham had accepted a email letter naming my inbound guest name and listing week/unit number plus my signature, address and contact phone number.

This year I had to send a copy of my current driver's license ... just why does the FRONT DESK staff, any other "lookie" loos and my guest ... need to see and have a copy of my Driver's License with my address and date of birth plus info.

I really think this is WAY beyond their pay grade ... and security level.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I can't think of any reason they would need a copy of your license (or anyone's really - they should just be co firming the guest name matches the reservation).

Avenue Plaza did not need anything like that for my guest that checked in Friday.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clearly, you forgot you mentioned to them that you wanted to rent a car during your guest's stay and hence their need for your driver's license. :doh:

While most likely nothing will go wrong, there is simply no reason for or possible upside in sending in a copy your drivers license. Unfortunately, we all know who controls the rules and so complaints will fall on deaf ears.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scott .. this is a fixed week ownership. No GC via the points reservation system. I am totally unhappy ... told the front desk supervisor I NEVER had to provide a photo copy attached of my driver's license. She told me I could personally come into the resort to sign in for my guest ... otherwise, they would NOT check in anyone to my unit.
She told me this was and HAS BEEN Wyndham's policy and that is WHY the last year's front end supervisor is NOT LONGER with Wyndham.

Of course, I should have told her the real TRUTH ... No front desk supervisor has been there the following winter in the past 10 years ... What is the old adage about "the truth"?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Scott .. this is a fixed week ownership. No GC via the points reservation system.

Mine was also no GC on a points reservation - weeks reservation calling in to the 800-225-3522 number to give them the guest name.

While mine isn't a true fixed week, that's the number that handles weeks and not points. They are open Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm Central time.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With the ability to spoof an email address, it seems like it would be a way to protect an owner from having an unauthorized person adding a guest that shouldn't be a gues.

taffy19

Reaction score
Cross out your birthday date. Why should they need that? They may want to know if you are the owner of the timeshare condo and not a third party? Would it be to protect the renter?

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a bogus requirement. The resort already has your deed information on file with the local HOA that includes all of your contact information. They should also have a history of you sending guests to your FW units.

On our FW units the HOA mails us a "Vacation Reminder" document (about 8-wks prior to check-in) that includes our contract number, unit number and associated week for check-in. It also has a section where we can check if we are going to 1) occupy ourselves 2) NOT occupy and a space of all of the guest information. I've always just scanned these and emailed the over to the resort with our signature.

If we got a phone call like you did, it would be a HUGE conversation and a serious "no go" on sending a DL so they can have it on file for any Tom, Dick or Harriett to use at their leisure. For this kind of stuff however, I NEVER deal with the Front Desk Manager. It always goes to back-office people (who I keep track of their comings and goings) and I always followup with a phone call to those same people to confirm receipt if I don't get a confirmation email.

It's Wyndham, call them back and talk to someone else. If you don't like the answer, call again and talk to another person. See if you can track down the resort manager.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a Wyndham policy for all their resorts or is this a resort reservation clerk/sales person for this resort?

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a Wyndham policy for all their resorts or is this a resort reservation clerk/sales person for this resort?
NOT Wyndham policy. The HOA's handle the bulk of most anything to do with Fixed Week contracts.