• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Weeks Owner-- Help!!

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a very good deal for me to purchase 2 Wyndham Flagstaff weeks. The owner told me he bought them before they were converted to points. Can any Wyndham week owner help me out here, please?

If I purchase these weeks, will I be able to keep them as weeks, or will the resort force me to convert them to points? Other than the sale cost, what other fees will there be??

I am leaving SoCal for the resorts tomorrow for two weeks. If this sale is legit and the final price is good, I hope to have the sales finalized while there. I will get some answers from the sale department. However, I would like to hear the truth from tuggers here first. I own WorldMark and have been to a few Wyndham presentations but never got to learn about Wyndham weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I too would like to know. I know at some point they offered to convert to weeks provided they buy a small point package or pay a fee. I think those converted weeks would counted towards VIP. I could be wrong though.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy a week it stays a week, there is no forcing you to convert. In fact I asked to convert several weeks I owned and they would do it

There are weeks that you can convert if you want to with a retail purchase or a cash payment, but with few exceptions those converted points wont count toward VIP unless you bought the weeks directly from the developer

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
If you buy a week it stays a week, there is no forcing you to convert. In fact I asked to convert several weeks I owned and they would do it

There are weeks that you can convert if you want to with a retail purchase or a cash payment, but with few exceptions those converted points wont count toward VIP unless you bought the weeks directly from the developer

Thanks for the input. I was wondering about that.

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thak you.
What about resort transfer fee? Also, how much did you pay them for transferring your week to points if you don't mind sharing? Thanks.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Transfer fee is $299 per contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When they allowed a conversion the fee was something like $2500 per week

I was able to do 3 weeks with a $12000 new purchase, but from what I understand now you cant do 3 to 1, it has to be 1 to 1, so each week would take a $12000 purchase

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a very good deal for me to purchase 2 Wyndham Flagstaff weeks. The owner told me he bought them before they were converted to points. Can any Wyndham week owner help me out here, please?

If I purchase these weeks, will I be able to keep them as weeks, or will the resort force me to convert them to points? Other than the sale cost, what other fees will there be??

I am leaving SoCal for the resorts tomorrow for two weeks. If this sale is legit and the final price is good, I hope to have the sales finalized while there. I will get some answers from the sale department. However, I would like to hear the truth from tuggers here first. I own WorldMark and have been to a few Wyndham presentations but never got to learn about Wyndham weeks.

I see you got your answers. I'm currently at the Flagstaff resort. Great location. Nice quiet place with friendly employees when you don't factor in the sales staff weasels. Third time here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you got your answers. I'm currently at the Flagstaff resort. Great location. Nice quiet place with friendly employees when you don't factor in the sales staff weasels. Third time here. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Thank you. We are at the resort this and next week, too. We really enjoy the resort at the area, and that's why I am considering buying a resale. I am going to a presentation this morning so that I will see a sales rep and find out the cost of transferring an account.

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
When they allowed a conversion the fee was something like $2500 per week

I was able to do 3 weeks with a $12000 new purchase, but from what I understand now you cant do 3 to 1, it has to be 1 to 1, so each week would take a $12000 purchase

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I think I will keep it as week. If I don't use it, I can deposit it.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Hopefully, the sale rep will keep it simple like.

They are typically low key here. Been to two here at Flagstaff. Not sure if they will be willing to tell you much about resell account except that you don't get all the benefits and will try to talk you into buying developer points instead. Just keep saying no and they will allow you to leave at the promised time. Hopefully you talked them into a decent gift.

I love the little snowfall we woke up to this morning here.

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are typically low key here. Been to two here at Flagstaff. Not sure if they will be willing to tell you much about resell account except that you don't get all the benefits and will try to talk you into buying developer points instead. Just keep saying no and they will allow you to leave at the promised time. Hopefully you talked them into a decent gift.

I love the little snowfall we woke up to this morning here.

I actually met a wonderful gentleman who explained quite a few things to me without selling me anything. It turns out the unit is a fixed-week that is not managed by Wyndham. He said I have to talk to the HOA that manages the condos in that section. It is one of the first few condos up BearPaw Drive on the right. Does anyone know the HOA's number?

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score

It's a fixed unit, fixed week timeshare that the seller did not convert to points back when it was offered. Now, I was told, it can not be converted unless the owner is also a Wyndham owner.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually met a wonderful gentleman who explained quite a few things to me without selling me anything. It turns out the unit is a fixed-week that is not managed by Wyndham. He said I have to talk to the HOA that manages the condos in that section. It is one of the first few condos up BearPaw Drive on the right. Does anyone know the HOA's number?

Is it a brown/tan building or greyish? I thought all of those brown ones were managed by Wyndham.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's how I started years ago. A 2 bdrm resale. Got lucky, Foxrun just broke from Wyndham sorry, Fairfield. Paid $1500 and converted to 154,000 points. But wyndham wanted it.
That was back in the Fairfield days. Ron's $2500 is pretty accurate. Probably right on having to buy more points as well.
If your planning to always go off season, CWA may be a better choice, in that you can book off season at 13 months.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a fixed unit, fixed week timeshare that the seller did not convert to points back when it was offered. Now, I was told, it can not be converted unless the owner is also a Wyndham owner.
Have your friend call and ask for owner care. And ask them if a resale deed at and give them the name of the HOA. They may even be able to pull up all that when you give the account number. And see what they say.

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have your friend call and ask for owner care. And ask them if a resale deed at and give them the name of the HOA. They may even be able to pull up all that when you give the account number. And see what they say.

I found out it's indeed managed by Wyndham in the sense the seller pays maintenance dues to Wyndham. I am in the process of buying the week. It's week 52. Am I better off keeping it as a week timeshare? I can use it or rent it out on my own. I can possibly turn it over to Owner Care to rent out for me, right?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I better off keeping it as a week timeshare? I can use it or rent it out on my own. I can possibly turn it over to Owner Care to rent out for me, right?
Do mind the details when you consider hiring owner care to rent your week. What is the percentage commission and what happens if they haven't rented it by what time, and what if they can't rent the whole week? Wyndham is not really owner friendly when renting. They expect us to pay them to advertise on Expedia, etc. Many owners opt to save and do it themselves using eBay or Craigslist or TUG.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found out it's indeed managed by Wyndham in the sense the seller pays maintenance dues to Wyndham. I am in the process of buying the week. It's week 52. Am I better off keeping it as a week timeshare? I can use it or rent it out on my own. I can possibly turn it over to Owner Care to rent out for me, right?
Keep it as a fixed week for now. Give yourself the chance to use it for a couple of years while you learn the nuances of the Wyndham systems and various clubs before thinking about converting.

Continue regular study here in TUG. Week 52 is a good week to own in Flag. Rents fairly easily on your own, no need to involve Owner Care.

There is no $299 Transfer fee on the purchase of an unconverted Fixed Week unit. Did you buy a Tanglewood or Ridgewood HOA unit? If it's located at the top of Bear Paw then likely it's Tanglewood.

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
4e
Do mind the details when you consider hiring owner care to rent your week. What is the percentage commission and what happens if they haven't rented it by what time, and what if they can't rent the whole week? Wyndham is not really owner friendly when renting. They expect us to pay them to advertise on Expedia, etc. Many owners opt to save and do it themselves using eBay or Craigslist or TUG.
Thanks for these points. I'll make sure I get answers from Owner Care before I have them rent for me.

CCinLA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep it as a fixed week for now. Give yourself the chance to use it for a couple of years while you learn the nuances of the Wyndham systems and various clubs before thinking about converting.

Continue regular study here in TUG. Week 52 is a good week to own in Flag. Rents fairly easily on your own, no need to involve Owner Care.

There is no $299 Transfer fee on the purchase of an unconverted Fixed Week unit. Did you buy a Tanglewood or Ridgewood HOA unit? If it's located at the top of Bear Paw then likely it's Tanglewood.
Good to know I'll save the $299 transfer fee^^ It's a 2-br one-story Tanglewood unit down by Country Club Drive and BearPaw. Thanks for your advice. I'll use the week or rent it out on my own then. If I involve Owner Care, I'll make sure I ask those pertinent questions Cheryl suggested. Thanks to everyone who helped. I feel really great about this purchase now!

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know I'll save the $299 transfer fee^^ It's a 2-br one-story Tanglewood unit down by Country Club Drive and BearPaw. Thanks for your advice. I'll use the week or rent it out on my own then. If I involve Owner Care, I'll make sure I ask those pertinent questions Cheryl suggested. Thanks to everyone who helped. I feel really great about this purchase now!
If an AZ broker is involved they will know about the "no transfer fee on FW" but regardless of how it's handled, estoppel should be made available.

Really like staying in those single-level 2BR Dlx units (Tanglewood HOA) down at at the bottom of the hill across from the 3-par pitch & putt. Easy in&out access and quieter. Those are good units! Especially if it's a week 52.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transfer fee is $299 per contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a Club Wyndham transfer fee. Fixed week transfer fees may vary by resort, but I believe they are typically lower.