• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham transfer time

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Still missing those 248k points. Spent 47 minutes on the phone only to be told they are still waiting for title to find out why they didn't transfer them. <sigh>. If I wasn't on such a tight time frame, I would have given them at least a week before calling them back. Unfortunately, I cannot wait that long but it looks like I'll be waiting that long anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still missing those 248k points. Spent 47 minutes on the phone only to be told they are still waiting for title to find out why they didn't transfer them. <sigh>. If I wasn't on such a tight time frame, I would have given them at least a week before calling them back. Unfortunately, I cannot wait that long but it looks like I'll be waiting that long anyway.

Amazing the bookkeeping there. Thing they could pull a contract number and say 248k was used on January 5th or they could see it is owed to you and get you taken care of. Good thing they are the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products. :clap:

zekester

Reaction score
My resale just went through. I purchased December 5th on eBay, they submitted to Wyndham on January 5th, and I just learned my account was created with points deposited on Feb 28th.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
My resale just went through. I purchased December 5th on eBay, they submitted to Wyndham on January 5th, and I just learned my account was created with points deposited on Feb 28th.

I'm glad it went smoothly for someone. :)

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Maybe they are back to their normal timeframe of 8 weeks now.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Maybe they are back to their normal timeframe of 8 weeks now.

I believe your right. It was added to my account on February 24th (didn't know until the 27th). Today would have been the full 8 weeks. So about 7 weeks now.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
I purchased a contract - submitted paper work Jan 9.

Meanwhile wyndham owed me money... thus showed I had to call financial services.. After 3 hours with the VC/Finance/VC & back I get a refund.

Title services sees the flag that I owe money (only one setting in their super terrific accounting system) and they send all paper work back to title company.

Now I start again.

What a bunch of hacks at wyndham....

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I purchased a contract - submitted paper work Jan 9.

Meanwhile wyndham owed me money... thus showed I had to call financial services.. After 3 hours with the VC/Finance/VC & back I get a refund.

Title services sees the flag that I owe money (only one setting in their super terrific accounting system) and they send all paper work back to title company.

Now I start again.

What a bunch of hacks at wyndham....

Ugh!! That beyond stinks. I'm sorry you have to deal with that headache. Hopefully they will get everything fixed quickly once they get their crap together.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Ugh!! That beyond stinks. I'm sorry you have to deal with that headache. Hopefully they will get everything fixed quickly once they get their crap together.

I hope so too. I love the places we go and the people at the property. Its been a terrific tool for our family vacations.

The calling, waiting, waiting, waiting, and waiting for anyone to answer the phone has been a major kick in the pants.

crt410

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of this morning points for my new contract had been placed into my account, Wyndham received my documents on 1/18.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
As of this morning points for my new contract had been placed into my account, Wyndham received my documents on 1/18.

Still waiting for Wyndham to credit me the missing 248k points. I did confirm with the broker who handled the sale and transfer that the previous owner knew not to touch the points and not to put them in the credit pool. The person researching my case is not back in until tomorrow, so who knows if title got back to her yet.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for Wyndham to credit me the missing 248k points. I did confirm with the broker who handled the sale and transfer that the previous owner knew not to touch the points and not to put them in the credit pool. The person researching my case is not back in until tomorrow, so who knows if title got back to her yet.

Hopefully Wyndham will find it. My seller was also told by my broker not to touch the points but of course they did. In fact there was a mistake on somehow my email being added to the sellers member number and the first day it transfered and I got emails they were booking a vacation in HI. Turns out they were using another contract the broker was selling. Broker refunded the MFs on the points I was short. Hopefully they were able to recover the money from the seller.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
I got my contract today, unfortunately, there are only 200 points for this year. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I have contacted Wyndham, and sent an email out to the 3rd party seller.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my contract today, unfortunately, there are only 200 points for this year. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I have contacted Wyndham, and sent an email out to the 3rd party seller.

Sounds like you took the first two correct steps. Either it is a Wyndham transfer problem but more likely the past owner used the points. Hopefully you will compensated for them but that is not guaranteed.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

200 or 200k? I'm missing 248k. Have a case open with owner care. A week later and Owner Care is still waiting for title. I hear today they are waiting on title to upload something. Not sure what. Did you get a case created with Wyndham?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
200 or 200k? I'm missing 248k. Have a case open with owner care. A week later and Owner Care is still waiting for title. I hear today they are waiting on title to upload something. Not sure what. Did you get a case created with Wyndham?

It was 200 out of the 210k i was supposed to get and I got the full 210 hk credits. So i am missing 209,800. When i called wyndham, they said to contact the 3rd party seller. Should I call again to have them make/ open a case?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
REALLY .. you got the HKs but not the points? Sounds like a SLOPPY transfer on Wyndham's end. I find it very hard to believe that the HKs were NOT touched but the points are missing a few zeros.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
REALLY .. you got the HKs but not the points? Sounds like a SLOPPY transfer on Wyndham's end. I find it very hard to believe that the HKs were NOT touched but the points are missing a few zeros.

Well not really. Same thing happened to me. Was missing 75k in points but all the HKs were there. That is because the ex-owner was Platinum VIP. Wyndham said when they do that they give the full HKs for the contract since that VIP was unlimited when they booked.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was 200 out of the 210k i was supposed to get and I got the full 210 hk credits. So i am missing 209,800. When i called wyndham, they said to contact the 3rd party seller. Should I call again to have them make/ open a case?

I have been through these things more than once. And the mistakes have always been the sellers

This should be easy, compare what you got to what you contracted for and what's on the estoppel.

If you didn't get what was contracted for; then the seller owes you. And if they find that Wyndham screwed up, it's up to them to have Wyndham credit you with the missing points

I know, easy for me to say.

If the seller was me or another reputable seller this will be easy. If not;not

By the way getting the hk and not the points is easy to explain. The seller was no doubt a VIP owner that gets unlimited hk. In my account, the points get used but the hk remain

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I had a contract that was short current use year points when transferred. I first asked Wyndham as the estoppel showed the amount of points I expected. I held for maybe 15 minutes. They credited me the missing points. Said there was an error in the system when it transferred the points (imagine that). I could have contacted the seller or the closing company (and would have if Wyndham didn't straighten it out). But they did and it was relatively painless.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Same here. I got 248 HK credits but missing the 248k points. I feel it's more likely Wyndham's fault then the seller but I'll find out for sure eventually.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I had a contract that was short current use year points when transferred. I first asked Wyndham as the estoppel showed the amount of points I expected. I held for maybe 15 minutes. They credited me the missing points. Said there was an error in the system when it transferred the points (imagine that). I could have contacted the seller or the closing company (and would have if Wyndham didn't straighten it out). But they did and it was relatively painless.

I wish mine were as painless. :(

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Darn it. I was hoping it wasn't the owner's fault. I really didn't want it to be their fault, but per Wyndham, the owners used all of 2017's points. I have it in writing from the title company that only 60k were used. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping Wyndham is wrong and that we have yet another situation where Wyndham doesn't know their butt from a hole in the ground but that is probably wishful thinking.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Darn it. I was hoping it wasn't the owner's fault. I really didn't want it to be their fault, but per Wyndham, the owners used all of 2017's points. I have it in writing from the title company that only 60k were used. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping Wyndham is wrong and that we have yet another situation where Wyndham doesn't know their butt from a hole in the ground but that is probably wishful thinking. I contacted the title company. We'll see what they have to say.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also missing points from my resale purchase (96,000). I was hesitant to call Wyndham but I am glad I did. They gave me the date Owner booked the reservation , amount of points used and travel date. This was really helpful knowing the owner made the reservation well before I purchased.

The resale agent responded immediately, title company contacted previous owner and we were reimbursed . We would buy from that reseller again.