• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham transfer time

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My thought: Too many complaints since they did the MASS re-alignment (year or two ago) seemly when everything went to 12/31 use year ... no end of year reservations available... and BIG deposits into RCI.

Rolling points forward was not costing them deposits into RCI. And if their NEW dream system comes online, it might/supposely solve the rolling points forward problem.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
But then why would they change all my contract use year end dates and leave only one with a different one?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
But then why would they change all my contract use year end dates and leave only one with a different one?

Because they are not that bright? :). Or maybe they are rushing to push them through, so they can catch up, and are making mistakes. Either way, you'll have to call them to get that fixed. I thought every points contract has an end date of 12/31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happyhopian

Reaction score
Because they are not that bright? :). Or maybe they are rushing to push them through, so they can catch up, and are making mistakes. Either way, you'll have to call them to get that fixed. I thought every points contract has an end date of 12/31.

No not all contracts have an end use date of December 31st. The new rule was that all contracts had to have the same end use date in your account not all 31 at least I can a test that's not how it was applied to me.
For example if you were March 31st then all had to be March 31st. Now just like Wyndham is typical of this rule isn't stringently followed either.

For example all of my contract expire at the end of June. I have 10 contracts for a little over two million points. I have recently bought for new contracts for about another million points. two of those were recently added to my account. one with a March and one with a December end-use date. So I now have 3 different end use dates in my account.

I called owner care and they said that the system does not automatically do that and I can leave it alone but take the risk that at some point in the future the system may decide to automatically consolidate all of them and I won't have much to say about which one it consolidates to or I could go ahead and request that they consolidate them now to the year of my choice.

They are moving all of the new contracts to June and they are prorating the points for those contracts so that they line up. Of course if you call owner care tomorrow you may get a completely different answer but this is just the recent experience that I have been through.

happyhopian

Reaction score
as an FYI for those tracking transfer times I had a transfer submitted to Wyndham by the seller on January 14th and on 2/10 the transfer document arrived for my execution.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
I called owner care today and they said they moved all my contracts to use end date 9/30. They just changed my latest contract today so it should show on my end tomorrow. I really don't mind the date, I just prefer they all have to same use end date.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
as an FYI for those tracking transfer times I had a transfer submitted to Wyndham by the seller on January 14th and on 2/10 the transfer document arrived for my execution.

CWA contract I assume?

bachmansofwc

Reaction score
Been on hold with Wyndham transfers for the past 20 minutes to speak to an agent...... I will ask them what day they are working on and post back here.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Been on hold with Wyndham transfers for the past 20 minutes to speak to an agent...... I will ask them what day they are working on and post back here.

What day did they receive you recorded deed?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I called owner care today and they said they moved all my contracts to use end date 9/30. They just changed my latest contract today so it should show on my end tomorrow. I really don't mind the date, I just prefer they all have to same use end date.
Did you have some contracts with 12/31 use Year move back to 09/30 as I did, thus losing three months use this year?

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Did you have some contracts with 12/31 use Year move back to 09/30 as I did, thus losing three months use this year?

I had one for this year that I lost 3 months, a small one 77,000 points so it wasn't a big deal. I expect to use the points on a weekend this summer. I have 2 odd years and 2 even year contracts and the 77000 is annual. For this odd year I already used all my points in one contract. The second odd year is the one that just hit my account and luckily I made a reservation for November this weekend that used most of those points. I asked the rep and she said since it was done and confirmed before they changed the use end date it won't affect my reservation or the contract the points came from. So luckily it worked out ok for me.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I had one for this year that I lost 3 months, a small one 77,000 points so it wasn't a big deal. I expect to use the points on a weekend this summer. I have 2 odd years and 2 even year contracts and the 77000 is annual. For this odd year I already used all my points in one contract. The second odd year is the one that just hit my account and luckily I made a reservation for November this weekend that used most of those points. I asked the rep and she said since it was done and confirmed before they changed the use end date it won't affect my reservation or the contract the points came from. So luckily it worked out ok for me.
Good news. They told me that they would be giving me 75% extra points for a 259,000 12/31 contract they moved to 9/30 to compensate for the 3 month loss of use but I have yet to see these points...

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Good news. They told me that they would be giving me 75% extra points for a 259,000 12/31 contract they moved to 9/30 to compensate for the 3 month loss of use but I have yet to see these points...

Really? I didn't even think of asking for credit for the extra months that I lost...even though it worked out for me it does make sense that they give something for making us lose 3 months. I guess I'll be calling them again tomorrow. Thanks for that!

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Really? I didn't even think of asking for credit for the extra months that I lost...even though it worked out for me it does make sense that they give something for making us lose 3 months. I guess I'll be calling them again tomorrow. Thanks for that!

If they don't prorate you for the points lost, they're essentially stealing ownership from you. They would still expect you to fully pay the Mfs every month, correct?

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
If they don't prorate you for the points lost, they're essentially stealing ownership from you. They would still expect you to fully pay the Mfs every month, correct?

You are exactly right, that's three months of maintenance fees I'm paying on and not being able to use. Definitely giving them a call tomorrow!!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
You are exactly right, that's three months of maintenance fees I'm paying on and not being able to use. Definitely giving them a call tomorrow!!
sorry a kill joy - won't matter. you will not get any points back. they will tell you that in the end you have points next year.....

you are always behind points but good luck explaining that.

call and let us know but will not make one bit of sense.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
sorry a kill joy - won't matter. you will not get any points back. they will tell you that in the end you have points next year.....

you are always behind points but good luck explaining that.

call and let us know but will not make one bit of sense.

Again, they're stealing each time they do this. They always seem to push points forward (which would benefit them) but not backward (which would benefit owners). An enterprising attorney would have fantasies of a large class action lawsuit over this.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
So maybe I should just request that they make all my use end dates 12/31 since that's what they all were and I didn't ask them to change them.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
What day did they receive you recorded deed?

It took me 48 minutes yesterday to find out that for non-deeded contracts, they were up to January 5th. They said deeded contracts still says 8 weeks. No date. I'm hoping I get lucky and I get mine a few days early. However, judging from the fact that others who were before me had a 10 week wait period, I'm not holding my breath.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
It took me 48 minutes yesterday to find out that for non-deeded contracts, they were up to January 5th. They said deeded contracts still says 8 weeks. No date. I'm hoping I get lucky and I get mine a few days early. However, judging from the fact that others who were before me had a 10 week wait period, I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah my three contracts that hit my account within the last month they took almost the full 10 weeks on each of them. Good practice in patience!!

bachmansofwc

Reaction score
I was on hold for a totally of 46mins 34 sec. 8 weeks on deeded is all they would tell me as well. Mine was received on 1/5/2017

bachmansofwc

Reaction score
I swear that once upon a time I saw a link to a website where if you entered the contract # and the zip code you could once recorded it would acknowledge with your zip code. Anyone know what I am faintly recalling?

lcml11

Reaction score
My thought: Too many complaints since they did the MASS re-alignment (year or two ago) seemly when everything went to 12/31 use year ... no end of year reservations available... and BIG deposits into RCI.

Rolling points forward was not costing them deposits into RCI. And if their NEW dream system comes online, it might/supposely solve the rolling points forward problem.

It is my understanding they actually went to a few end year use dates, not just 12/31. A lot did go to 12/31.

http://www.tug2.net/timeshare_advice/maximize_wyndham_points.html

antjmar

Reaction score
I swear that once upon a time I saw a link to a website where if you entered the contract # and the zip code you could once recorded it would acknowledge with your zip code. Anyone know what I am faintly recalling?

1 888 739 4022
Automated but should accomplish what you are trying to do.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was on hold for a totally of 46mins 34 sec. 8 weeks on deeded is all they would tell me as well. Mine was received on 1/5/2017
I have a deed sent to Wyndham for Transfer the end of November....still waiting for transfer! I am past the 10 week mark now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk