• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham transfer time

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
If it's been at least 8 weeks try to call the deed transfer Dept and see if they will put a rush on it.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's been at least 8 weeks try to call the deed transfer Dept and see if they will put a rush on it.

Thanks may try that on Tuesday. Tried calling a few times and just keep getting the same time, they are still processing it.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've transferred 2 small contracts this year and once Wyndham received the deed it took them around 3 weeks to get it in my name. I have another one pending now and Wyndham has confirmed it was received 6 1/2 weeks ago but says they are still working on it. Is anyone else having this issue? I know they say it can take 6-8 weeks but has it taken that long with anyone else once Wyndham received the deed?
Yes Dec is very slow transfer time. May take until March-April to transfer internally once it has been recorded during the Nov-Dec record dates.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes Dec is very slow transfer time. May take until March-April to transfer internally once it has been recorded during the Nov-Dec record dates.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. I am assuming when they say my CWA is in processing that is what they are being referring to. Really would like to have access to my account in the next couple of weeks. To be honest what I really want is access to the RCI site so I can look at their last minute deals. Want to look at deals for next month.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Yes 10 weeks after Wyndham recieved it. They received it 10/19.

I really hope mine does not take that long. They acknowledged that they received it, and that it would be 8 weeks from today. The 8 week mark would be two days after I need it to be on my account. It does not help that the seller dragged their feet. I am not sure they realized they would be paying the MF until the transfer was complete. So at minimum, unless I get lucky and they are done sooner, they will be paying transfer fees until February. Considering they borrowed points from this years points, I think that is fair. That should cover the cost of those points I cannot use. For non-deeded requests (CWA), they are processing requests that came in on Nov 22nd or before. That's about 6 weeks. She confirmed that deeded processes take longer.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
Yes hopefully they are back within their normal processing times. I have two smaller contracts in process still and the 8 week mark are within the next two weeks for both so we'll see. I'll post an update for those when they get completed.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really hope mine does not take that long. They acknowledged that they received it, and that it would be 8 weeks from today. The 8 week mark would be two days after I need it to be on my account. It does not help that the seller dragged their feet. I am not sure they realized they would be paying the MF until the transfer was complete. So at minimum, unless I get lucky and they are done sooner, they will be paying transfer fees until February. Considering they borrowed points from this years points, I think that is fair. That should cover the cost of those points I cannot use. For non-deeded requests (CWA), they are processing requests that came in on Nov 22nd or before. That's about 6 weeks. She confirmed that deeded processes take longer.

Same thing here. I am at 8 weeks exactly today from when they sent it to processing. When I called on Tuesday she said it could still be another 2 weeks. Now my seller said I should have the full points still available for this year. Really hoping that is still the case when it gets transferred in my name.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought two resales in mid-May. My second one had the account set up in the end of August. My first contract wasn't set up until the end of September.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Same thing here. I am at 8 weeks exactly today from when they sent it to processing. When I called on Tuesday she said it could still be another 2 weeks. Now my seller said I should have the full points still available for this year. Really hoping that is still the case when it gets transferred in my name.

The person I spoke to today said she saw some that took 9 weeks because they couldn't be processed over the holidays. I also heard another one say that the 8 week time frame doesn't start going down to less then 8 weeks until about mid February. I am going to check back in 4 weeks to see what batch they are working on for non-deeded properties. Since it's 6 weeks today for non-deeded, if the number goes down to 4 weeks the next time I check, then it might be a sign that deeded properties are moving faster as well. It's really a crap shoot at this point as to when mine will be done. I can only try to make educated guesses at this point.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I bought two resales in mid-May. My second one had the account set up in the end of August. My first contract wasn't set up until the end of September.

How long did it take to get the paperwork to Wyndham after you bought the resale? Seems odd that it would take so long during that time of year.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long did it take to get the paperwork to Wyndham after you bought the resale? Seems odd that it would take so long during that time of year.

The paperwork was in but it was right when Wyndham was locking owners out of their accounts. So it sat really for no reason. The reps couldn't figure out why they sat as everything was reviewed and ready to go. I will say that my second purchase used POA while the first one did not. That accounted for the second one coming in 6 weeks faster than the non-POA contract.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
POA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
The person I spoke to today said she saw some that took 9 weeks because they couldn't be processed over the holidays. I also heard another one say that the 8 week time frame doesn't start going down to less then 8 weeks until about mid February. I am going to check back in 4 weeks to see what batch they are working on for non-deeded properties. Since it's 6 weeks today for non-deeded, if the number goes down to 4 weeks the next time I check, then it might be a sign that deeded properties are moving faster as well. It's really a crap shoot at this point as to when mine will be done. I can only try to make educated guesses at this point.

I talk to them about once a week for the last three week. Funny how they always say a longer time. I do call 18887394022 several times a week with my contract number and see if it is tied to my zipcode yet. I also have the sellers zipcode and can see if it is still tied to them. Just called again and it's still tied to the seller. :(

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
POA is power of attorney

Now that makes sense as to why a POA would make the transfer time longer.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I talk to them about once a week for the last three week. Funny how they always say a longer time. I do call 18887394022 several times a week with my contract number and see if it is tied to my zipcode yet. I also have the sellers zipcode and can see if it is still tied to them. Just called again and it's still tied to the seller. :(

I have a feeling that is what I am going to end up doing. Once a week at least. Do they tell you a progress. Something like, it finished process A and now it's with the other department to do process B. Or do they just tell you it's not done yet and don't give further details?

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
I called them once a week for my last contract that took 10 weeks. I wouldn't call it progress but more excuses because every time you call them it's a completely different answer/excuse as to why it hasn't been processed. So you really don't know which excuse or progress if you want to call it that to believe.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that is what I am going to end up doing. Once a week at least. Do they tell you a progress. Something like, it finished process A and now it's with the other department to do process B. Or do they just tell you it's not done yet and don't give further details?

Nope just says it was sent to processing on Nov 10th. That it will take 15 business days longer from this point. Funny how its always 15 more business days even a few weeks later. All of this started on Sept 28th when I bought from a broker here on TUG (they have been great). Wyndham would have gotten the request at the beginning of October. They finally sent me the form to get notarized on Oct 28th and I sent it back the same day via priority mail. So they have had the initial request for 13 weeks. Been in processing for 8 weeks. Fun times.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope just says it was sent to processing on Nov 10th. That it will take 15 business days longer from this point. Funny how its always 15 more business days even a few weeks later. All of this started on Sept 28th when I bought from a broker here on TUG (they have been great). Wyndham would have gotten the request at the beginning of October. They finally sent me the form to get notarized on Oct 28th and I sent it back the same day via priority mail. So they have had the initial request for 13 weeks. Been in processing for 8 weeks. Fun times.

Called back this morning and was told there was no way to escalate the process. Still in the same stage from Nov 10th. Best of luck for anyone else still waiting,

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I think I might be confused on the process. The title company sent in a deed that was signed by the seller and notarized. If there something else that needs to be notarized?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I might be confused on the process. The title company sent in a deed that was signed by the seller and notarized. If there something else that needs to be notarized?

This was a CWA contract so not a deeded property. On a CWA the seller has to send in the request to transfer the ownership to Wyndham. Wyndham then takes their sweet time to send the request to the buyer (and seller I believe) to be notarized. It took a month for them to get the paperwork to me to even sign. After that I have to send it back and wait for them to process the transfer. They said that step was started on Nov 10th in their system. Once they get it finalized (guy did not even have an estimate when I called today) they will send a letter to the buyer and seller to let them know it is finalized. Last person I said told me to keep checking to see if it was complete over the phone and they could give me my member number so I can access my account online before the letter even comes to my house.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
This was a CWA contract so not a deeded property. On a CWA the seller has to send in the request to transfer the ownership to Wyndham. Wyndham then takes their sweet time to send the request to the buyer (and seller I believe) to be notarized. It took a month for them to get the paperwork to me to even sign. After that I have to send it back and wait for them to process the transfer. They said that step was started on Nov 10th in their system. Once they get it finalized (guy did not even have an estimate when I called today) they will send a letter to the buyer and seller to let them know it is finalized. Last person I said told me to keep checking to see if it was complete over the phone and they could give me my member number so I can access my account online before the letter even comes to my house.

I called to do one last check to make sure they were not missing anything that they needed for the transfer. I guess I'll start checking my account in February to see if the contract shows up on my account. Btw, while I was on the phone, I checked to see what batch they were processing for non-deeded requests and it's still Nov 22nd. I hope yours gets done soon.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called to do one last check to make sure they were not missing anything that they needed for the transfer. I guess I'll start checking my account in February to see if the contract shows up on my account. Btw, while I was on the phone, I checked to see what batch they were processing for non-deeded requests and it's still Nov 22nd. I hope yours gets done soon.

Thanks they told me the same thing this morning, they are processing non-deeded requests from Nov 22nd. Of course I questioned them since mine started this cycle on the 10th and he said it wasn't skipped it should be in the batch. Good luck on yours. Hopefully it will be processed soon.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks they told me the same thing this morning, they are processing non-deeded requests from Nov 22nd. Of course I questioned them since mine started this cycle on the 10th and he said it wasn't skipped it should be in the batch. Good luck on yours. Hopefully it will be processed soon.

I'll update the process of my deeded request. It would help to also have a timeline on the non-deeded request. There are other threads on this but they are either not recent, or not during this time of the year. Since this is a busy time of year for them, it might help future owners get an idea on how long it takes them to get stuff done during this time of year. Of course, individual results may vary. :)

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
By any chance when you spoke with them today did you ask what date they are working on for deeded contracts?