• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham the most ethical company?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
had to choke back a bit of a laugh reading that...

says alot about "ethisphere" for sure!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
These they name the award and the person or corporation that gave them the award?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I, like many others, was intrigued by the Wyndham sales pitch (at La Cascada in San Antonio,) but put off by the price and the hard sell. That same night I found TUG and by mid October had purchased 1,087,000 CWA points for $3.73/1000, all in. The first two contracts were under my member number by the end of January, the second two by mid February. All points accounted for including extra "pooled" points and "housekeeping" I was not expecting. I have since confirmed 10 reservations for this year, and have 300,000 points still available for the last quarter of 2017. My experience with Wyndham has been excellent, including our first stay at La Cascada two weeks ago. And I have to complement the fierce Wyndham sales presentation we sat through to motivate us to find TUG and then save $197,000 plus or minus and guide me through the entire eBay purchase process. In short, we are very happy with Wyndham (so far....)

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
And I have to complement the fierce Wyndham sales presentation we sat through to motivate us to find TUG and then save $197,000 plus or minus and guide me through the entire eBay purchase process.

ha...thats pretty amazing to read!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
All liars truly believe that they are telling the truth.

Psychopaths know they are lying AND have no guilt that a lie might harm or distress other people.

Thieves use lying and deception to steal from others; they profit by lying. Lying makes them money.

Commissioned sales people use various levels of lying to earn money ... they even have terms to describe their lying .. bending the truth, putting the right spin on it, talking up the positives, keeping the room on the positives, etc.

And big companies .. even start Awards Programs with lots of Press Releases ... to spin the positives, get free advertising, put some sprinkles on what they are selling.

After all, the corporate lobby has to have a trophy case with crystal bowls, heavy yellow metal things, and blown up press releases ... surrounded on the wall with BIG PICTURES of people grinning in fancy clothes.

So remember TUGGERs say about a timeshare sales person ... "If their lips are moving, they are lying."

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
ha...thats pretty amazing to read!
That's about the only good thing I could come up with about that sales experience... It was brutal! But without that, I never would have found TUG.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
All liars truly believe that they are telling the truth.

Psychopaths know they are lying AND have no guilt that a lie might harm or distress other people.

Thieves use lying and deception to steal from others; they profit by lying. Lying makes them money.

Commissioned sales people use various levels of lying to earn money ... they even have terms to describe their lying .. bending the truth, putting the right spin on it, talking up the positives, keeping the room on the positives, etc.

And big companies .. even start Awards Programs with lots of Press Releases ... to spin the positives, get free advertising, put some sprinkles on what they are selling.

After all, the corporate lobby has to have a trophy case with crystal bowls, heavy yellow metal things, and blown up press releases ... surrounded on the wall with BIG PICTURES of people grinning in fancy clothes.

So remember TUGGERs say about a timeshare sales person ... "If their lips are moving, they are lying."

As someone that has made their living as a commissioned salesman for most of my life (started with the Washington Post 60 years ago) I resent those comments

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Ethisphere, a wholly owned subsidiary of Wyndham Worldwide?

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Ethisphere, a wholly owned subsidiary of Wyndham Worldwide?

No sure if wholly owned, but I was looking at Ethisphere's website and companies that want to be rated have to pay to be considered and have to pay further fees to use the award in press releases, etc. Sounds like a vanity award, not like Forbes Top 100 workplaces type of thing.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
As someone that has made their living as a commissioned salesman for most of my life (started with the Washington Post 60 years ago) I resent those comments
Agreed, and so would my two daughters I put through college, and drank the cool aid without a worry in the world.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk