• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Resort Giveback Program

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I spent a lot of years doing market research. One of the things that I learned was how a company should market a new product which it developed at a fairly high expense.

If the product is deemed to be lousy, the company should set the price high and advertise the heck out of the product. This will get many to make a first buy. But, if the product is lousy, customers will not buy again. The company has to make as much money as it can on that first sale, because there won't be another. That is why the price is set high.

Conversely, if the product is a great one, initially, the company can virtually give the product away to build a customer base, because customers will see the value and return to buy in the future at a reasonable price.

So, where does Pathways fit into this model? Wyndham advertises it and sets the price high, realizing that no one will return to buy again. Sure, as they say, Pathways will end soon, but not because Wyndham wants it to end, but because it will find few customers. Once the wind is out of the sails of Pathways, there will be another worthless sales gimmick, that of course we will be told is ending soon, so we had better get it now.

I don't necessarily consider all Wyndham sales persons to be weasels, but I do see a great deal of marketing 101 being used. "There is a sucker born everyday."

Jim