• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham reservation system and debit of points from multiple contracts

afk324

Reaction score
As a new Wyndham member, we are starting to reserve for our 2017 use year.
We have reserved a unit at Shawnee Crestview. The system showed that year use total for 3 contracts was 540K points. Our 1st reservation was for 96K those points were debited from our Bonus Points. We wanted them debited from our 105K point contract. Owner care via email stated that we needed to call reservations to make the change. I talked with the Rep and she informed me that the priority was to pull from our bonus points and she could not help. They put me on hold to a phone line to Customer care but I dropped after 1hour. Where do I go with this problem? The rep says there is not direct phone number for Owner care. Can anyone help? Thanks

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a new Wyndham member, we are starting to reserve for our 2017 use year.
We have reserved a unit at Shawnee Crestview. The system showed that year use total for 3 contracts was 540K points. Our 1st reservation was for 96K those points were debited from our Bonus Points. We wanted them debited from our 105K point contract. Owner care via email stated that we needed to call reservations to make the change. I talked with the Rep and she informed me that the priority was to pull from our bonus points and she could not help. They put me on hold to a phone line to Customer care but I dropped after 1hour. Where do I go with this problem? The rep says there is not direct phone number for Owner care. Can anyone help? Thanks

There isn't a direct number for Owner Resolution (used to be called Owner Care) but you should be able to get through (eventually). If you search in the recent topics you'll see that Wyndham has been having some other issues that have pulled some of the resources from that department to help deal with the owners with suspended accounts (which has now been going on 8 weeks).

Regarding where the points to make a reservation are pulled from - recent indications are that there won't be any adjustments made, that the points will be pulled in order according to the Fairshare Trust. This can cause problems as it can occur that points needed in a contract for ARP will be used for a reservation made earlier. Wyndham has reduced the set of people with the authority to adjust or credit pool points to a subset of the reps that used to be able to do it.

Why would you want to use the contract's points first? The bonus points (if they are giving you VIP privileges) will still "count" for their full life (usually about 2 1/2 years from initial purchase date) even if the points have been used. Those bonus points don't have any ARP but the contract points do.

afk324

Reaction score
Thanks Bigrob for your help and info about the Wyndham resources pulled. I had not heard about that subject of suspended accounts.

The reason that I want the points pulled from purchased points was that they will expire YE 2017. Also our converted fixed week points will expire then also. The Bonus points like you said last 2 years so I wanted to carry a large level into 2018. Please let me know if I am missing something in my strategy.

I have started looking into pooled points to protect our non Bonus points by banking them before this year end. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks