• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Reservation Clerk cancelled my reservation. What can I do?

bobdegae

Reaction score
I am curious to see if anyone has had this issue. We have reservations for Thanksgiving and we have a 3 bedroom for the 23rd through 25th and for the 26th through the 28th, and a one bedroom for the 24th through 26th because my daughter is coming later, We noticed there was availability to book a one bedroom for the 22nd and 23rd so we called to see about extending our reservation. We did not cancel rebook anything and did not mention the 3 bedroom in the call. During the conversation she said it would cost a $59 booking fee so the conversation turned to why they would charge a fee when we are gold. We were put on hold and when a different person came on line we began the conversation again and she said "Sir, I show those reservations as being cancelled." Lengthy polite conversation and she said if it is the agents fault they will return our reservation. Has anyone had a positive outcome in this situation?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have been on the other end of this -- I have had OC call and let me know they were taking a reservation back because a VC accidentally cancelled it.

They took it back from me so they could give it back to the original booker of the unit. So it can be done.

Good luck!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I am curious to see if anyone has had this issue. We have reservations for Thanksgiving and we have a 3 bedroom for the 23rd through 25th and for the 26th through the 28th, and a one bedroom for the 24th through 26th because my daughter is coming later, We noticed there was availability to book a one bedroom for the 22nd and 23rd so we called to see about extending our reservation. We did not cancel rebook anything and did not mention the 3 bedroom in the call. During the conversation she said it would cost a $59 booking fee so the conversation turned to why they would charge a fee when we are gold. We were put on hold and when a different person came on line we began the conversation again and she said "Sir, I show those reservations as being cancelled." Lengthy polite conversation and she said if it is the agents fault they will return our reservation. Has anyone had a positive outcome in this situation?

Were these reservations by any chance at either Bonnet Creek Old Town Alexandria, Ocean Ridge or King Cotton Villas? Those are the only resorts I have heard of that are cancelling reservations. Bonnet Creek due to the renovations in Towers 1 and 2, Old Town Alexandria due to a major plumbing problem an Ocean Ridge and King Cotton Villas due to damage from Hurricane Matthew.

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyn having problems managing inventory

Not sure it's unique to only those locations.

WYN is having some serious system problems managing their inventory right now. We got a call from OC about cancelling a 2-night NYE reservation in Flagstaff. They told us the dates belonged to a FW owner (then how did it get into the system in the first place?).

But specific to the OP's question, agree with SandiBo, if the VC accidentally cancelled, they can fix it, you just have to get insistent with them. Keep calling until you get someone to listen!

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Humm. There have been some issues with inventory at Glacier Canyon in the past. I would certainly want to know who cancelled the reservations, when the reservations were cancelled and why.

Another person posted that she routinely takes a picture of her point status and reservations. She also keeps a log of every single thing she does on the account. She probably saves all the emails too. I am seriously starting to think that all of us should be doing those things..

A friend requested a long weekend at Bonnet Creek and I flat out told him that I wouldn't book it because until they get those two buildings done I wouldn't count on a reservation there. Our five year old granddaughter is coming for a couple of weeks later this month and I booked Star Island for us even though there was something available at Bonnet Creek.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! What the heck is going on? How did fixed week reservations get into the points reservation system? I don't think it's possible. Those are two different and separate systems. I'm sure there are some out of pocket expenses such as airline tickets, etc., owner have to eat because incompetence at Wyndham.

Glacier Canyon doesn't have fixed weeks, only points, and holiday and weekend reservations are usually made using ARP or at 10 months out.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! What the heck is going on? How did fixed week reservations get into the points reservation system? I don't think it's possible. Those are two different and separate systems. I'm sure there are some out of pocket expenses such as airline tickets, etc., owner have to eat because incompetence at Wyndham.

Glacier Canyon doesn't have fixed weeks, only points, and holiday and weekend reservations are usually made using ARP or at 10 months out.

Wow, another example of HUGE problems with Wyndham's IT department. And another example of THEIR problems impacting paying owners. While this does not directly impact me, the lack of confidence I have in their abilities is growing by the day. And another example of why we need to rally and support one another when someone is negatively impacted by Wyndham incompetence. Are you listening CO skier?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is quite likely you are sol no matter whose fault and why it was. Even to get a straight answer will be tough. Just time will run out with no response. Do you have prove you did not ask a VC to cancel it? That is their thinking.

bobdegae

Reaction score
Well I am definitely not accepting "no" from the first person I speak to. My first response will be "How did you base your decision? I would like that in writing and since they told me they were reviewing a recorded phone call I would ask for a copy of that recording for my lawyer. We were recently in Branson and the sales people paraded potential buyers around the resort like cattle and approach guest to ask if they are having a good time. I am going back in December and could sit there for a couple hours and just tank any sales pitches they try to make. If I blow 2 of their sales it could cost them $50,000.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see lots of rentals at glacier canyon, and I saw some for thanksgiving

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I am definitely not accepting "no" from the first person I speak to. My first response will be "How did you base your decision? I would like that in writing and since they told me they were reviewing a recorded phone call I would ask for a copy of that recording for my lawyer. We were recently in Branson and the sales people paraded potential buyers around the resort like cattle and approach guest to ask if they are having a good time. I am going back in December and could sit there for a couple hours and just tank any sales pitches they try to make. If I blow 2 of their sales it could cost them $50,000.

Your lawyer would have to request the phone call. They will not provide anything in writing if you ask them to and it makes them look bad.

Tanking sales may work but 2 sales to Wyndhams overall sales is not much. The sales person and maybe his manager will get upset but I doubt it will be relayed to the powers that be in their corporate tower that 2 sales were blown because a VC cancelled an owners reservations in error and nothing was done about it.

Now if a group started protesting sales centers and all sales were tanked then maybe Wyndham would notice. Or call the police.

Do not get me wrong I feel for you but I have been wronged 100 of times worst then this. I do encourage you to pursue this as much as you can/want. But I would start making other plans for those dates.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definitely call owner care, also ask for a supervisor and don't take no for an answer. Sometimes you have to be firm to get what is truly yours.

Good luck.:clap:

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
overlapping

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but is this not a case of overlapping reservations?:shrug: Wyndham cancels those regularly.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Somebody correct me if I am wrong but is this not a case of overlapping reservations?:shrug: Wyndham cancels those regularly.

I do not believe so, as the 15 day window would just start today and this was reported as being cancelled last week.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! What the heck is going on? How did fixed week reservations get into the points reservation system? I don't think it's possible. Those are two different and separate systems.......

In answer to THAT "how did a fixed week unit get hi-jack'ed". The fixed week computer system is older than most laptops. The 'correction' to the points system is to "BLACK OUT" the fixed week in the separate points reservation system. So a person with access LOOKING for a particular date & a resort will see if without a assigned guest/owner (and hence a NO reservation number) ... but not a REASON as to WHY it is unbooked. I am sure with a 'override', the points supervisor (in the points system) or a front desk resort clerk, can allocate it to a points owner as the inbound guest.

I had a BIG discussion several years ago with the Santa Barbara (new) front desk supervisor who KEPT TELLING me she could not manually enter my guest as inbound to my fixed week ownership ... I had go onto the points reservation system and PAY for a GC. I finally convinced her to look up the unit in her inventory (a week 10 - March on South Florida ... to see if she could find it and who had reserved it).... this being 2 or 3 weeks before check. She told me it was not reserved ... and I asked, "REALLY, you have empty March weeks not booked on the points system?" Told her to FIND the fixed week system for my ownership ... which would NEVER be on the points system. Took her several hours to get "learned".

And I have had FRONT DESK staff move a complaining guest into my FIXED WEEK units ... be cause it was NOT RESERVED yet in the points system.

BellaWyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
In answer to THAT "how did a fixed week unit get hi-jack'ed". The fixed week computer system is older than most laptops. The 'correction' to the points system is to "BLACK OUT" the fixed week in the separate points reservation system. So a person with access LOOKING for a particular date & a resort will see if without a assigned guest/owner (and hence a NO reservation number) ... but not a REASON as to WHY it is unbooked. I am sure with a 'override', the points supervisor (in the points system) or a front desk resort clerk, can allocate it to a points owner as the inbound guest.

I had a BIG discussion several years ago with the Santa Barbara (new) front desk supervisor who KEPT TELLING me she could not manually enter my guest as inbound to my fixed week ownership ... I had go onto the points reservation system and PAY for a GC. I finally convinced her to look up the unit in her inventory (a week 10 - March on South Florida ... to see if she could find it and who had reserved it).... this being 2 or 3 weeks before check. She told me it was not reserved ... and I asked, "REALLY, you have empty March weeks not booked on the points system?" Told her to FIND the fixed week system for my ownership ... which would NEVER be on the points system. Took her several hours to get "learned".

And I have had FRONT DESK staff move a complaining guest into my FIXED WEEK units ... be cause it was NOT RESERVED yet in the points system.

Linda,

You are SO right about FW units and many of the resorts have a nearly manual system in place to manage them. When we use our FW units, or I send renters, we have to literally re-language the check-in process for the front desk staff so they can find the reservations at check-in. They are so used to only looking for point reservations.

In my posting above, I think the fixed week Overlap by the OC that called me informing me of the points reservation cancellation was a crap excuse but its the best explanation she could come up with, presuming it was on the fly. I didn't actually believe her because, like you, we have multiple FW units at a combo Legacy location and have years of experience dealing with the nuances of FW units.

After grilling the OC I could tell she was just parroting whatever she had been told by her superiors. It wasn't worth more energy beating her up. She was a pawn in the process. Our FW units NEVER make it to the points reservation system.

Which is why I immediately called the resort and talked to more experienced, long term staff that we work closely with all year long, to find out what were the ACTUAL problems they were encountering. It wasn't about FW units at all. It was about WYN not getting their inventory accounting right related to Week 53 this year. Our FW resort still has a LOT of week 53 FW owners.

This isn't the first or last time WYN will screw this up. Extra Holidays will throw reservations at the resorts for inventory that doesn't exist and resort staff has to scramble to figure out how to make it work. Have had many discussions with resort staff that handle rentals that come to them via EH and it's frustrating for them because EH brings a hammer to the game while at the same time the resort still has to satisfy long-time owners that just want to get into their annual FW units.

We have had SO many people beg us to convert our FW to points and it's just NOT going to happen as long as we own. There are still a lot of advantages to having FW units in the WYN system as much as CWA has tried to chew up the FW contracts.

Still, another example of how WYN is struggling to manage inventories accurately and the crap excuses they come up with when they cannot.

-- Caite

Last edited: