• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham -RCI - non-standard weeks

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to RCI. I deposited my Wyndham points with RCI and they are showing up in my account as non-standard weeks. What does this mean? Is it harder to exchange with these kind of weeks? I do see that I have to call. I can't search online.

Thank you.

Michelle

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Since this question is about Wyndham points with RCI, I'm moving this to the wyndham board for an answer.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
What you have is sometimes called an "invisible" deposit meaning it can't be searched online, the reason being that Wyndham issued some sort of credit to RCI when you made your deposit, but they didn't deposit an actual physical week.

You would have deposited a specific number of Wyndham points (28K, 70K and 105K are the most common) but it's hard to generalize how well they'll trade. If you have other RCI Weeks deposits (real, "visible" ones) you can look at what they pull online, then phone and see if your invisible deposit is also good enough.

It is possible to get a "visible" deposit in RCI for your Wyndham points, but Wyndham picks the week for you, and it can be a dog.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for a deposit of Wyn pts to show up in one's RCI account? I took TUGgers' advice and deposited via Wyn's online system, back on Feb 23...a 70K red studio, and I asked for visibility. Not only is the deposit not visible in my RCI account, but it doesn't show up as a non-standard. The red studio seems to have vanished into the ether. I just spent 15 min combined on hold and talking to RCI and Wyn people...and nobody can explain where my deposit is. I am VIP with Wyn and paid up with RCI dues forever...so I would expect better systems and service from two companies that are MARRIED TO EACH OTHER! :wall:

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started a 70K visible deposit in Oct 08 and at the end of the December they still hadn't deposited, yet they took the points out of my Wyndham account right away. RCI blamed Wyndham - Wyndham blamed RCI. In the end, I was forced to take another generic because it was too close to the end of the year to risk losing the points because they couldn't get their act together.

All the while, posters here and at the Wyndham site are posting "I got my visible - took 2 days and it was there".

I don't get it.

Joan-OH

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
got my visible 70k today. Requested 2 nights ago. Patriots Place deposit. I'm happy with how this is pulling.

Yeah! I get to play!!!

Joan-OH

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I'm curious...

What you have is sometimes called an "invisible" deposit meaning it can't be searched online, the reason being that Wyndham issued some sort of credit to RCI when you made your deposit, but they didn't deposit an actual physical week.

I don't exchange with RCI, so please forgive the ignorance of my question:

I understand (...or believe I do) the "invisible" deposit of FSP points into a RCI weeks account. I further understand (...or believe I do) that such an "invisible" deposit cannot be used to search RCI online for an exchange.

What I don't understand is whether such an "invisible" FSP deposit can be used to call RCI and initiate what I believe is called (in RCI-speak) an "ongoing search" (i.e., a specific request for a future, particular area / week, one not currently available, using that "invisible" FSP deposit as the "deposit currency" for the exchange sought). Or is a search using the "invisible" FSP deposit limited only to whatever the RCI VC can see / find right then and there only during the FSP depositors' actual phone call, made to seek an exchange? Inquiring (alleged) minds want to know.

Anyone "been there, done that, got the T-shirt?"
Thanks in advance for hopefully alleviating a bit more of my (nearly limitless) puzzlement regarding the policies and practices on Planet RCI. ;)

Last edited:

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I understand (...or believe I do, anyhow) the "invisible" deposit of FSP points into a RCI weeks account. I further understand (...or believe I do) that such an "invisible" deposit cannot be used to search online.

What I don't understand and am now wondering is whether such an "invisible" deposit is allowed to be used to call RCI and initiate what I believe RCI calls an "ongoing search" for a particular area / week, using that "invisible" deposit?

Anyone know? Anyone "been there, done that, got the T-shirt?"

Thanks in advance for hopefully alleviating a bit of my (nearly limitless) bewilderment and puzzlement regarding the policies and practices on Planet RCI. ;)

theo,

A FSP points "invisible" deposit will be represented by a unit size and season color depending on the number of points being withdrawn from the Wyndham owner's account. A supplemental week shows up in the Wyn owner's RCI Weeks account representing that deposit. At that point, you can call RCI and request an ongoing search just like with any other RCI week deposit

One feature that Wyn owners (and WM owners) have is an ability to deposit points for a search and then cancel the search and have their FSP points put back into their Wyn FSP account. Wyn owners have to cancel the RCI search within 48 hours otherwise the deposit becomes permanent. I believe that WM owners have a longer period to cancel and "pull back" their WM credits.

HTH.

Jason S

Reaction score
Invisible Vs. Visible

When I transfer FSP points into RCI it usually shows up immediately because I do it over the phone. If I run out of transaction credits I will do it online though because it is cheaper. They are always invisible on the RCI site so I have to call. Is there a difference in pulling power for Visible vs. invisible and can you request them to be visible so you can do your own search?

Jason

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I started a 70K visible deposit in Oct 08 and at the end of the December they still hadn't deposited, yet they took the points out of my Wyndham account right away. RCI blamed Wyndham - Wyndham blamed RCI. In the end, I was forced to take another generic because it was too close to the end of the year to risk losing the points because they couldn't get their act together.

All the while, posters here and at the Wyndham site are posting "I got my visible - took 2 days and it was there".

I don't get it.

Joan-OH

Well, at least I'm not the only one. I just spent about an hour on the phone the other day trying to figure out why I don't have a visible or an invisible deposit showing in my RCI account...when they sure were quick about taking my 70K pts out on Feb 23.

An ill Wyn blows in the timeshare world...and imo it smells like rotten eggs. :annoyed:

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to RCI and it seems so much more complicated than II. I've never had problems with II.

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's the luck of the draw. What kind of Customer Service person you get. It's the nature of the business. I've had challenges with both II and RCI, I don't get angry, I just get things worked out.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is whether such an "invisible" FSP deposit can be used to call RCI and initiate what I believe is called (in RCI-speak) an "ongoing search" (i.e., a specific request for a future, particular area / week, one not currently available, using that "invisible" FSP deposit as the "deposit currency" for the exchange sought).

Yes, you can set up an ongoing search with your invisible (also known as 'generic') deposit.

When there's a match, you get a robo-phone call from RCI telling you to pick up or call back to find out what they have.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in pulling power for Visible vs. invisible and can you request them to be visible so you can do your own search?

Jason

When you deposit points initially, you can request a visible deposit. Sometimes they have them for the number of points you're using; sometimes they don't.

As to trading power, some visibles are better than others, while all generics for a given number of points are the same. Beyond that, who knows?

Reaction score
Now I'm curious...

I understand (...or believe I do) the "invisible" deposit of FSP points into a RCI weeks account. I further understand (...or believe I do) that such an "invisible" deposit cannot be used to search RCI online for an exchange.

What I don't understand is whether such an "invisible" FSP deposit can be used to call RCI and initiate what I believe is called (in RCI-speak) an "ongoing search" (i.e., a specific request for a future, particular area / week, one not currently available, using that "invisible" FSP deposit as the "deposit currency" for the exchange sought). Or is a search using the "invisible" FSP deposit limited only to whatever the RCI VC can see / find right then and there only during the FSP depositors' actual phone call, made to seek an exchange? Inquiring (alleged) minds want to know.

Anyone "been there, done that, got the T-shirt?"
Thanks in advance for hopefully alleviating a bit more of my (nearly limitless) puzzlement regarding the policies and practices on Planet RCI. ;)
RCI has tanked since wyndham bought it. If you are not a wyndham owner than you are sol

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has tanked since wyndham bought it. If you are not a wyndham owner than you are sol

Wow, this is an out-of-the-blue comment regarding an obsolete topic.

Just so the record is straight, Wyndham never bought RCI. RCI was bought by HFS, which merged with CUC in 1997 and then Cendant. Wyndham was merged with Cendant by the Blackstone Group, forming Wyndham Worldwide in 2006.

So, the same entity has controlled both RCI and Fairfield (later Wyndham) since at least 1997.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is an out-of-the-blue comment regarding an obsolete topic.

Just so the record is straight, Wyndham never bought RCI. RCI was bought by HFS, which merged with CUC in 1997 and then Cendant. Wyndham was merged with Cendant by the Blackstone Group, forming Wyndham Worldwide in 2006.

So, the same entity has controlled both RCI and Fairfield (later Wyndham) since at least 1997.

yep confusing. I would add that when you say "Wyndham" was merged with Cendant, that had nothing to do with what we now know as Club Wyndham.

Cendant also owned Fairfield resorts which also ended up in Wyndham Worldwide along with RCI and the hotel management and franchise company called Wyndham. Fairfield Resorts is now called Club Wyndham Plus.

Wyndham Worldwide is comprised of 3 divisions; Hotels, Vacation Ownership and The Destination Network. Club Wyndham Plus is in The Vacation Ownership Division and RCI is in The Destination Network so as you say RCI and Club Wyndham are parts of Wyndham Worldwide, but Club Wyndham does not own or control RCI

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

A response now to a post from nearly 8 years ago? :eek: And with nonsense content to boot? Whassup with that? :shrug:

Reaction score
yep confusing. I would add that when you say "Wyndham" was merged with Cendant, that had nothing to do with what we now know as Club Wyndham.

Cendant also owned Fairfield resorts which also ended up in Wyndham Worldwide along with RCI and the hotel management and franchise company called Wyndham. Fairfield Resorts is now called Club Wyndham Plus.

Wyndham Worldwide is comprised of 3 divisions; Hotels, Vacation Ownership and The Destination Network. Club Wyndham Plus is in The Vacation Ownership Division and RCI is in The Destination Network so as you say RCI and Club Wyndham are parts of Wyndham Worldwide, but Club Wyndham does not own or control RCI

Adding to this confusion are the Sales presentations for wyndham, which is who TOLD me that wyndham "BOUGHT" RCI and they even give a monetary amount that was paid. This was told to more than one customer and by more than one sales person.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well if you're on the subject of lying salesmen, now you're talking!