*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham presentations on Kauai

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by jtridle, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jtridle

jtridle TUG Member

Can you or anyone else tell me about the Wyndham tours. We will be staying at Wyndham Bali Hai and am interested in what kinds of discounts we can get on various activities if we take the dreaded presentation. And how dreaded is it from those of you who have done it? How high pressure are they? I want to take our family on a helicopter tour and was wondering if there was a limit as to how many people you can get these discounts for? There will be six of us. Thanks for any information on these presentations.

2. jtridle

jtridle TUG Member

Is there no one out there who has recently done a tour at Wyndham Bali Hai that can help answer my query? Thanks.

3. teepeeca

teepeeca TUG Member

I haven't done the Wyndham (Bali Hai) tour for a year or two. It isn't "all that bad" ---depends upon how new the weasel ---er---sales agent is. Many times, I know "much more" about the product/timeshare than the "presenter". Just remember to "say NO" !!!

Discounts for activities might be limited to 4 people. However --- make it known that you will need 6 discounted tickets (the helicopter tickets ARE NOT free), and that you would have to decline going to the presentation, if you couldn get the discounts for all of the tickets.

Also check out the --- www.101thingstodo.com --- site for various helicopter/activities sites, to see what the cost would be if you booked with them directly.

Tony

4. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

The last time we were invited to do a Wyndham presentation for an activity discount, I asked to see the discounts in advance. I asked for prices on 3 trips I had already prebooked from home using the best prices I could find online. In all 3 cases, their price after the discount was higher in price than the same activity I had already booked on my own.

5. lbertera

lbertera TUG Member

We did it in September and was out the door in 50 minutes. We got a dinner cruise up the Napali coast as our gift ($125) plus discounts that we did not use.

6. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    The presentation was moderate pressure, but we managed to get out in 90 minutes. They presented several price points depending on what we might want to do, and when we said "no" they pushed on a couple of the smaller packages. But we continued to say "no" and ended it.

This trip was just my wife and I so we didn't ask about additional discounts. As mentioned by others, ask up front and you may get more.

7. Cathyb

Cathyb Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Ask for cash

At Wyndham Kona we turned down the discount package and started to walk away. The lobby salesman called out $125 cash (on Amex credit card type) and we accepted the 'invitation'. You might try that :)

8. lolibeachgirl

lolibeachgirl TUG Member

I just did it mid Oct. at Bali Hai, had a nice sales person...but we weren't doing any activities I hadn't already booked online for a discount, so we got the $100 Amex gift card.

9. Kneiland

Kneiland TUG Member

We took the Wyndham tour at Bali Hai in September and got discounted tickets for a fantastic helicopter tour for 2, half price tickets for South Pacific at KBV for 4 and discount tickets for the Kilohana Plantation Luau for 4. We booked these at the Kauai Beach Villas conceige.

We didn't book anything in advance, but I had an idea of the online discounts. Overall, I was very pleased with the discounts for the 3 activities, which were fabulous, especially the 1 hour helicopter tour on a perfect, cloudless day. So I felt our 1 1/2 hour timeshare presentation was worth our effort. I had no problem telling the sales agent "No", since I didn't see the value of the Wyndham points. Plus, I wasn't impressed with Bali Hai at all.

10. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Kauai Beach Villas
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    Have spouse and a family member using our exchanged week at Kauai Beach Villas this week. They were pitched on check-in to attend the Bali Hai presentation, and the best they were offered was $125 on an Amex gift card. They declined the invitation.

Dave

11. jacknsara

jacknsara TUG Member

Aloha Dave,
    Just curious - what unit assignment did they get with the exchange?
    Jack

12. jtridle

jtridle TUG Member

What helicopter tour company did you use? I want to do this while we are over there staying at Bali Hai in January. How much of a discount did you get on these things, if you remember and if you don't mind sharing? what was it you didn't like about staying at Bali Hai? Thanks.

13. vctnman

vctnman Guest

We toured in Sept at Bali Hai, bought, then rescinded, and found
    the same thing on the secondary market for one twelfth the
    price. About to open escrow on that... we thought the maintenance
    fees just about the cheapest on the Islands.