*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham Points vs RCI Points

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by mcdonaldcrs, Mar 20, 2012.

1. mcdonaldcrs

mcdonaldcrs Guest

I know this has been discussed in the past, so please excuse if this is a repeat question. I am looking at a none Wyndham Resort through RCI. The point conversion chart shows that for a 2bed Prime red week it would be 58,000 points. Are those points the same as Wyndham points? I remember seeing a world wide Wyndham conversion chart that showed a 2 bed prime week to equal about 154,000 points?

2. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

You shouldnt even use Wyndham points and RCI points inthe same sentence..They are different and cannot be converted one to the other or used in the other system

Wyndham points are used within the Wyndham system, and RCI points are used in the RCI points system You are looking at the rci points inventory I think..and no. What you see is not Wyndham points

Wyndham points owners can deposit their points with RCI Weeks to make reservations there

You can see RCI resorts and weeks available to you through the portal on the Wyndham website

Here is the chart you mentioned

If you want an rci 2 bedroom in prime time you will need to deposit 224000 wyndham points to RCI

[​IMG]

3. mcdonaldcrs

mcdonaldcrs Guest

Thank you for the information. I would have been surprised depositing 58000 Wyndham points into RCI thinking I could use them to get a prime week 2 bedroom in a non Wyndham resort when according to the conversion chart it would be 224,000 Wyndham points. Big difference!!

4. paxsarah

paxsarah TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Pagosa, Wyndham at The Cottages & Ocean Blvd
    If you're a Wyndham owner you can go through the Wyn/RCI portal and see exactly what the points requirements are for a particular available week. Then no surprises! :)

5. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

And now there seems to be a discount program going on...There is another discussion here on tug that goes into some detail

6. chriskre

chriskre TUG Member

Where is the discount thread? :confused:
    Is it for Wyndham or RCI points?

7. hypnotiq

hypnotiq TUG Member