*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham Plus Partners

Discussion in 'Wyndham Resorts' started by Scurvy, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Scurvy

Scurvy Guest

Being an owner for almost a year now I think I am finally learning how to get the most bang for your buck.

Today I got a 2nd quote from Plus Partners on using my wyndham points for airfare. The first one was back in August and was quite outrageous....

This one is 231,733 points for 2 $284 tickets or $564..
    is it just me or is this an outrageous price?

Does anyone have any experience with getting anything worthwhile out of Plus Partners?

2. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I think it's outrageous, and I wouldn't do it. Plus Partners for airfare and Disney tickets seems to be very expensive.

3. EAM

EAM TUG Member

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

Our experience with using PlusPartners for anything other than the RCI points resorts has been hit and miss. It is worth comparing with what you'd pay in cash. Sometimes its a good deal, sometimes not.

4. sjuhawk_jd

sjuhawk_jd TUG Member

Can you please give example of something had you looked at (or purchased) that was a good deal?

5. Timeshare Von

Timeshare Von TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
    Lifetime in Hawaii (floating 1-52 annual week)
    My question would be "How much in MF's are you paying for those 231k points? If it is more than $564 I'd say you're "paying" too much by using your Wyndham points. I think the general wisdom is that FSP points are a too expensive way of paying for anything other than your resort stay.

6. lprstn

lprstn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Only ever use your points for Plus Partners for booking RCI points resorts, and if you have NO OTHER CHOICE.

For instance, I had an abundance of points that I couldn't use, and I used my points to book a cruise, and airline tickets for family member. They gave me the 80% of the cash cost for the trip. I gave them a discount, and made some $$ off of my points usage. Otherwise I would not use my points for Plus Partners.

7. EAM

EAM TUG Member

I no longer remember the details but a few years ago we got a week in a Chicago hotel for less than we would have paid via Travelocity,Orbitz, AAA etc but more than we probably would have paid via a bid site. Also, in 2004 we got a good deal on airfare to Hawaii. Another time we used points that were about to expire for two nights at a Ramada for a few dollars more than we would have paid I'm cash. Unfortunately, because of the reservation fee, it has never been economical to use points for a single night at a motel, which is the way we had hoped to use them.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009