• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Patriots Place ?s

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I have 2 weeks booked in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom (6/6) unit next month. I am wondering if all their 2 bedrooms are lock-offs or are some regular 2 bedroom units. I have searched extensively on-line and the floorplans I am seeing are lock-offs.

Has anybody stayed in or seen a true 2 bedroom unit there? Are they specific to certain buildings? Also, I have read that some buildings/units have been refurbished recently, any suggestions on what buildings to ask for? We are thinking we'd like to be closer to the Bypass Rd as we plan on doing a lot of walking to nearby stores/restaurants.

I am planning on calling the resort in a couple of weeks to request an upper floor unit as I have heard about the noise problem in lower floor units from the many reviews I've found. I also will ask that we be able to stay in the same unit for both weeks.

~Diane

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have 2 weeks booked in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom (6/6) unit next month. I am wondering if all their 2 bedrooms are lock-offs or are some regular 2 bedroom units. I have searched extensively on-line and the floorplans I am seeing are lock-offs.

Has anybody stayed in or seen a true 2 bedroom unit there? Are they specific to certain buildings? Also, I have read that some buildings/units have been refurbished recently, any suggestions on what buildings to ask for? We are thinking we'd like to be closer to the Bypass Rd as we plan on doing a lot of walking to nearby stores/restaurants.

I am planning on calling the resort in a couple of weeks to request an upper floor unit as I have heard about the noise problem in lower floor units from the many reviews I've found. I also will ask that we be able to stay in the same unit for both weeks.

~Diane

You are right -- the only 2BR units are lock offs, although I don't see that as a problem. LOs and 2BR units sleep the same number of people and with a LO, you get an additional partial kitchen and another living/dining area, albeit rather small. However, if someone wants to watch a movie and someone wants to watch a ball game, two living areas make a lot of sense. (I work in Arlington, VA but my wife and I have stayed at Patriot's Place and I teleworked for a day or two. In a 2BR LO, I could set up a computer and get some work done in semi-privacy, which would have been impossible in a regular 2BR unit.)

In opting for an upper floor, keep in mind there are no elevators. You have to schlepp everything up stairs (and back down again).

It will be a fair walk to any restaurants (I'd guess well over a half-mile). Denny's, Golden Corral, Cracker Barrel, Rocco's (which we like a lot!), and maybe Hooter's are the only places remotely within walking distance. The map on Wyndham's website is a little deceiving. The distance from the condo buildings out to the highway is greater than what the map shows. Try Google Maps for a better perspective.

I have no knowledge of upgrades to particular buildings or units but we've stayed there a lot and never had any complaints about anything being particularly outdated or shabby.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Thanks for the info Jim! DH & I enjoy walking (when my knee is behaving) so I am tempted to ask for a unit as close to the Bypass road as possible with hopes of shorter walks. We have stayed at 2nd floor walk-ups many times & don't mind the stairs. We had a 3rd floor unit for a week in FL a few weeks ago and only used the elevator on check-in/out days.

We have invited another couple to join us for a few days so the L/O unit configuration will be great. We are looking forward to the trip, we used to visit Williamsburg often but its been 10 years since our last stay.

~Diane