• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Hawaii Resorts

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I have searched Wyndham Hawaii, but haven't found a specific answer to my question. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Our son was stationed in Kailua, Oahu for the last several years and we visited several times staying with them. We also occasionally stayed at some nice resorts, the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Hale Koa, and the Marriot Ko'Olina. All of these resorts were fully air conditioned. For some reason, Hawaii has been hot and humid every time we have visited, and it was very uncomfortable at my son's house during the day. Other than the Wyndham Waikiki Beach, are there any other Wyndham resorts on any of the islands that are fully air conditioned (not just BR window units)? Thanks !!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Royal Gardens is not far from Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk. It's small and further from the beach. As far as weather, we go to Hawaii (Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk) during the winter months. Weather is very nice then. I'm retired Air Force and been to Hickam AFB, HI., during all seasons and winter timeframe is nice, much nicer than winter in Wisconsin.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked Wyndham Royal Gardens for 5 days next April. Unlike Beach Walk, they have weeks 13 and 14 as high season, so I was able to book Sat to Thur and fly into JFK on Good Friday morning.

We stayed there once before in a studio with a split AC on the lanai. There's no stove or dishwasher, just sink, microwave, refrig, coffee maker.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thanks!! I think we will go for Waikiki Beach Walk on Oahu, we enjoy the bustle of Waikiki and the things to do. Any fully AC resorts on the other islands where we can spend a relaxing week of tranquility?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort in Kona on the Big Island is fully air conditioned.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort in Kona on the Big Island is fully air conditioned.

Thank you!! That is what I needed!!

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.

All 3 of the Wyndham properties on the BI have A/C-central. KHR is my fav. I would 'guess' that almost all Wyndhams in HI have central air.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've read several reviews of many of the Wyndham resorts on the Big Island and Kauia and there seem to be a lot of complaints about the lack of central AC... I have to admit, I was surprised over the last couple of years at the heat and humidity we encountered... Similar to the Gulf Coast. Until there is a change, we are only going to book with central AC.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I've read several reviews of many of the Wyndham resorts on the Big Island and Kauia and there seem to be a lot of complaints about the lack of central AC... I have to admit, I was surprised over the last couple of years at the heat and humidity we encountered... Similar to the Gulf Coast. Until there is a change, we are only going to book with central AC.

It really depends on the time of year you go, and what kind of cross ventilation a unit has.

We own at Maui Hill on Maui. We would go every summer. For years we never used the a/c, the ceiling fans the cross ventilation worked very well.

However, the summers we've spent on the Big Island, and primarily Kona, without a/c were horrendous. As I said the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort does have it.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, thanks, that's probably where we are going to stay if we can get a reservation..

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We have been in all 3 Wyn resorts on the BI several times and they are all ACd

randyz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been in all 3 Wyn resorts on the BI several times and they are all ACd

We can second that comment. To my knowledge its some or all (??) of the resorts on Kauai that lack AC but have no first hand knowledge.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
All of the Kauai resorts have AC, but some only have window units.

naturegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk is my favorite. All units have central air. They also have a whirlpool tub, a heavenly mattress and down pillows. 2 blocks from everything imaginable. Its No Ka'Oi!

andtlie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at the Ka 'Eo Kai & Bali Hai Villas in Kauai, and both of these are not air conditioned. They do provide floor fans and have ceiling fans. It never bothered us before until this last Summer. It seemed unusually humid and hot.

tfalk

Reaction score
I believe there are only 1 or 2 units at KaEoKai that have AC, it was added to only those units to cut down the noise because they are very close to Ka Haku road. Way back when, I think it was only unit 18. One of the (several) reasons we sold our Mauna Kai condo next door... late in the afternoon, the upstairs would get REALLY hot after Iniki trimmed back the landscaping...

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aren't some of the Bali Hai rooms ACed? Maybe just the PR ones?

coppersmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Kona Coast Resort II on the Big Island and just confirming, their units are fully air conditioned.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We own at Kona Coast Resort II on the Big Island and just confirming, their units are fully air conditioned.
Is Kona Coast a Wyndham resort?

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Aren't some of the Bali Hai rooms ACed? Maybe just the PR ones?
Yes, only the Pres Res units have AC. And, that is only in the one master bedroom unit that vents out the window. It is not central air.

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kona Coast is a Shell Vacation club resort which was purchased by Wyndham but is still operated under the Shell system.