• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Flagstaff

VictorBoc

Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone. Once my wife gets back tonight, she went out with a friend tonight we will discuss. I will update tomorrow on which way we go. I think I know the right thing to do now.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
It really depends on your perspective. We are VIP Platinum and until the website cock up our only complaint has been the sales pitch whenever you travel. I do not regret buying from developer over resale. Only regret was letting our smoky's go for CWA. I have been looking and for the most part the places we like to travel in off season have been available in the 60 day window and I managed to get the vacation we need with our grandchildren in July for next year. I like getting the discounts and over our lifetime it will have paid for itself. If I buy resale and do not get the VIP benefits I would have to pay more maintenance fees to get the same amount of use my points get me and all the booking and guest fees etc. I am glad for TUG for information but noticed 95% of it is complaints. The resale may work if all you want is one summer week or like some of these guys have millions of points to rent but if you just want to take lots of vacations I think Platinum is the way to go. Just make sure you don't attend anymore sales pitches.
I disagree with the sales pitch part. I go every chance I get. It's a game for me. I'm not rude, until they are. I listen, and I say no thanks, and I collect my $100. 6 sales pitches a year, and I have paid about 25% of my Maint fees. Sometimes I play hard to get, and end up with $125 or even $150 gift card.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone else on here. Send in your paperwork to rescind. I love Flagstaff. In fact we have another trip there in 3 months. It's a very laid back place. Not worth the $195,000. To give you an example, a 1,183,000 point CWA just sold on eBay for $6,100. Now some would even say that is overpriced but that was 12 days ago. So think about how much money you would save. I think dagger1 did a great job of explaining a better way to invest the money.

It's your money and do as you want. Just make sure you know what you are getting into.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Hey VictorBoc, welcome to the family whatever you and your wife decide. My husband and I have both retail and resale points. We love Wyndham too, even if we do get frustrated with them. We used there loyalty program on hotels for a couple of years before they sold us a timeshare, they hooked my husband. I started buying resale. I have a fixed week at our favorite place, and 3 points contracts, one was given to me here, one i purchased on ebay, and one bought from the developer. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful rest of your vacation!

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
  • He did mention cancel and rebook but said it is not as easy as it use to be but still possible. They used Flagstaff as an example since it is not a very large tourist trap, it is easier to do.
  • Said automatic upgrades are done on the website, but can do the manual ones also.
  • I bought a million points with no bonus points.
  • No offer of a credit card.
  • He mentioned I could use the points for air travel and then lowered his voice and told me it is not worth it. Not sure if he is supposed to mention it can be and that is why he said that part louder.
  • Talked about RCI a little bit but did not go into much detail.
I bought it this morning so I have a couple of days to really think about it. I can get the letter out on Saturday if I decide to go that way.

Still really would like to know if $195,000 is a decent price for a million non-resell points.
So $195k for 1M points is $0.195 per point. And you received no bonus points.

See the message posted just a few moments ago where a buyer of smaller quantity got a better deal:
  • $18k for 126k points (~$0.14 per point) plus an added 274k bonus points for the first year
Don't you think you deserved better for buying a larger quantity? (Said tongue in cheek. I don't think you should go back to sales demanding a better deal ... but instead quietly submit the letter of recision provided in your sales package. It could be located within a hidden pocket.)

My parents were offered a timeshare at Wyndham Bonnet Creek; $18,000 400,000 points for the first 21 months, after that 126,000 points and unlimited last calls. We travel once or twice a year. We agreed to the terms a few days ago but now we're rethinking because we don't know much on timeshares. Any advice?

VictorBoc

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The wife and I spent a lot of time last night thinking about it. We did send out the rescind document this morning to both address certified mail. I think we will go with resell and save the extra money. I agree we could invest that money and probably make enough to cover the yearly MF fees. Who cares if we are not special and get to call ourselves VIP we will live with being lower class citizens.

Last night we did go to the club house and was also talking to someone else that bought the same time we did. They were offered 275,000 points for $35,475. So that comes out to .129 counts per point. They got 275,000 more in bonus points. I was ticked off. Now my wife on the other hand does not have a filter. She went back in the office this morning after we mailed the paperwork and went off in the lobby talking about how they are taking advantage of the elder people. This was when they were getting another group to go in. She explained in a very loud voice to everyone sitting in the waiting area how younger people get a much lower price and bonus points. Sales person came over towards us and the manager told him to go to the conference room with his new couple. Of course he started to tell us we had options we could possiblity relook at the bonus points. Told him we already sent in the letter and we are done. My wife wasn't she wanted to go for round two, I almost had to drag her out of there. God I love that woman. :whooopie:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
@VictorBoc: Three cheers to you both! :)
Hope you stick around. Timeshares are great fun ... slightly addictive ... but great fun.

kukenan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The wife and I spent a lot of time last night thinking about it. We did send out the rescind document this morning to both address certified mail. I think we will go with resell and save the extra money.

Congrats on saving your money. Read read and read again this forum, use the search function, and then you can purchase what you want, resale of course :thumbup:

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The wife and I spent a lot of time last night thinking about it. We did send out the rescind document this morning to both address certified mail. I think we will go with resell and save the extra money. I agree we could invest that money and probably make enough to cover the yearly MF fees. Who cares if we are not special and get to call ourselves VIP we will live with being lower class citizens.

Last night we did go to the club house and was also talking to someone else that bought the same time we did. They were offered 275,000 points for $35,475. So that comes out to .129 counts per point. They got 275,000 more in bonus points. I was ticked off. Now my wife on the other hand does not have a filter. She went back in the office this morning after we mailed the paperwork and went off in the lobby talking about how they are taking advantage of the elder people. This was when they were getting another group to go in. She explained in a very loud voice to everyone sitting in the waiting area how younger people get a much lower price and bonus points. Sales person came over towards us and the manager told him to go to the conference room with his new couple. Of course he started to tell us we had options we could possiblity relook at the bonus points. Told him we already sent in the letter and we are done. My wife wasn't she wanted to go for round two, I almost had to drag her out of there. God I love that woman. :whooopie:

Just an FYI, I own about 210,000 points at Wyndham Flagstaff. We love it there too. I paid
$800.00 for it, which included closing costs, from Sumday Vacations. We have owned it for at least 6 or 7 years with no problems...other than the new Wyndham website, which is affecting everyone who owns a Wyndham property. Listen to everyone and buy resale!

VictorBoc

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I own about 210,000 points at Wyndham Flagstaff. We love it there too. I paid
$800.00 for it, which included closing costs, from Sumday Vacations. We have owned it for at least 6 or 7 years with no problems...other than the new Wyndham website, which is affecting everyone who owns a Wyndham property. Listen to everyone and buy resale!

Thanks. I will have to look at Sumdays. We have already decided to go with the resell. We don't want to waste anymore time staying in regular hotel rooms. I read it takes a long time for a transfer to get finalized. We want to start living the Wyndham life as my wife said called it last night.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will have to look at Sumdays. We have already decided to go with the resell. We don't want to waste anymore time staying in regular hotel rooms. I read it takes a long time for a transfer to get finalized. We want to start living the Wyndham life as my wife said called it last night.

Good luck, I'm sure you will find a good bargain on the resale market soon!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thank you so much everyone. Once my wife gets back tonight, she went out with a friend tonight we will discuss. I will update tomorrow on which way we go. I think I know the right thing to do now.
Enjoy!

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater

As I said before, outside of the sales group and the current website, Wyndham has an excellent product. The resorts are very nice and the staff (outside of sales) is very accommodating. Don't let the sales experience spoil it. Take your time educating yourself here on TUG, and figure out what you two really want from Wyndham. Ask lots of questions, we have answers here. Then look to buy something resale. Looking forward to first trip to Flagstaff next month myself.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Did they offer a price for Silver or Gold membership besides platinum,?

vikingsholm

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's funny as hell, Vic. I would have loved to have seen that. I'm sure the salesmen were freaking out but probably hiding it.

What everyone here said is correct. Timesharing is great and can be very cost effective, if you learn how to do it right. There are lots of tricks to buying on the cheap, making the best reservations, and optimizing your trades too. Time spent going through past threads about that on this site is well worth it. There's also a definite satisfaction in working the systems for getting the best out of them.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
  • He did mention cancel and rebook but said it is not as easy as it use to be but still possible. They used Flagstaff as an example since it is not a very large tourist trap, it is easier to do.
  • Said automatic upgrades are done on the website, but can do the manual ones also.
  • I bought a million points with no bonus points.
  • No offer of a credit card.
  • He mentioned I could use the points for air travel and then lowered his voice and told me it is not worth it. Not sure if he is supposed to mention it can be and that is why he said that part louder.
  • Talked about RCI a little bit but did not go into much detail.
I bought it this morning so I have a couple of days to really think about it. I can get the letter out on Saturday if I decide to go that way.

Still really would like to know if $195,000 is a decent price for a million non-resell points.

Hell NO! $195K is not worth it. If I buy the same amount of points for $10K resell I save $185K on day one.

Let's say you get every booking 50% off. Then I would need 2 million points to stay as much as you. So say I buy 2 million CWA points for $20K. I have still spent $175K less than you.

If I buy 2 million points My MF's will be double yours say $6K more a year than yours. Since I have spent $175k less than you / $6K more a year it would take over 29 years for your VIP account to break even with what I paid.

Reality you will not book no where near 100% of your stays at 50% discount. To get the discount you loose your ARP your happy with.

Some might say yah but MF increase every year so developer purchase will break even sooner.

I'm sure you paid up front so $175K extra you paid up front put into an investment account earning 7% APY would earn $12,250 per year or more than 100% my MF for 2 million points.

So the only real benefit you get is possibly an upgraded unit at times.

Do yourself a favor rescind now and save yourself a boat load of money.

One last thing, your kids may not see it as a benefit leaving them a timeshare. They may not be at a place in life they can afford thousands on MF's so if you pass and the deny the inheritance your money and what you see as an asset will go back to Wyndham. By saving money buying resell you can pass that savings on when you pass and I'm sure that they would see as an asset they want or possibly need.

IT Guy

Reaction score

Be sure to look at the Timeshare Market Place here in TUG as well. There is a 1,324,000 Club Wyndham Access contract listed that I know the owner would take $6K for. Good Luck.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Who cares if we are not special and get to call ourselves VIP we will live with being lower class citizens. :whooopie:
Not sure what you mean by being "not special" and "being lower class citizens". By rescinding you have become extremely special and lucky. You are a first class citizen now, and not a sucker conned by the "title" VIP and the other financially disastrous nonsense Wyndham sales reps push... With the $190K you are saving AND the $12-$15K ANNUALLY you will earn with this money plucked out of Wyndham's pocket, you are definitely a "higher class citizen" now.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reading what the salesman told you, makes my blood boil. Let me ask you this, if resale owners aren't allowed to do all the things that were said, how would you ever be able to sell your ownership. No one would ever buy it. Did he also tell you that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hell NO! $195K is not worth it. If I buy the same amount of points for $10K resell I save $185K on day one.

Let's say you get every booking 50% off. Then I would need 2 million points to stay as much as you. So say I buy 2 million CWA points for $20K. I have still spent $175K less than you.

If I buy 2 million points My MF's will be double yours say $6K more a year than yours. Since I have spent $175k less than you / $6K more a year it would take over 29 years for your VIP account to break even with what I paid.

Reality you will not book no where near 100% of your stays at 50% discount. To get the discount you loose your ARP your happy with.

Some might say yah but MF increase every year so developer purchase will break even sooner.

I'm sure you paid up front so $175K extra you paid up front put into an investment account earning 7% APY would earn $12,250 per year or more than 100% my MF for 2 million points.

So the only real benefit you get is possibly an upgraded unit at times.

Do yourself a favor rescind now and save yourself a boat load of money.

One last thing, your kids may not see it as a benefit leaving them a timeshare. They may not be at a place in life they can afford thousands on MF's so if you pass and the deny the inheritance your money and what you see as an asset will go back to Wyndham. By saving money buying resell you can pass that savings on when you pass and I'm sure that they would see as an asset they want or possibly need.

also consider that at the end of the 30 year break even period, The guy that spent the $195k up front has a million points worth $5000 and the guy that bought the 2 million points owns 2 million points worth $10000 and he still has his investment account. Assuming no appreciation, (Id buy 30 year tax free munis) its still worth $175000

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No that is not a good price.
$160,000.00 to $165,000.00 would be a good price for 1,001,000 points and get one million bonus points if you do want to stay with a direct purchase from Wyndham.
I personally would not buy over 500k CWA and then would buy 500k at a low maintenance fee resort.
Buy your 500k CWA points now for $80,000.00 plus 500k bonus points making you Platinum for 2 years. Then you have 2 years to decide if you want to buy more from Wyndham or buy resale.

I'm not going to tell you to buy resale or from Wyndham. I think that is a personal decision that has several factors.
Your personal finances.
How much is it worth to you to reserve a certain room at a resort ? Best views. Corner or larger square foot unit.
When do you travel ? More likely to get discounts and upgrades at lower demand times.
Where do you travel ? Some resorts you will be more likely to get discounts and upgrades about anytime.

We can all put different values on items. Some are happy to be in any room and put no value in which room they are in. I enjoy sitting outside in the early mornings and evenings. Being able to pick a room with the best view is important to me and I'm willing to pay for that [VIP Platinum].

You have a total mix here.
Some bought from Wyndham and are happy they did-some regret that they bought from Wyndham
Some have only bought resell and are perfectly happy with that.
Some bought resell first and then bought from Wyndham and are happy with that,
Some bought from Wyndham and then added resale points to their ownership

I just don't think it's a one shoe fits all decision. Inform yourself and then do what's best for you personally!!!

VictorBoc

Reaction score
Lst night the sales manager decided to stop by our room. He wanted to talk and offer an apology for the misunderstanding. I wouldn't even let him in the room. I'm done with them messing with our vacation. Thanks again for everyone's advice. I did have some message me saying that is a broker and they have a little over a million CWA for sell for $6,500 and I may take them up on it. Huge savings for us.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't want to waste anymore time staying in regular hotel rooms.
Good for you.

My family of four is sitting in a 1BR+loft/2 bath unit in Northern Michigan right now. Not the poshest place, but a lovely view of Lake Bellaire, and a great home base for exploring everything from the Leelanau Peninsula to Mackinac Island and everything in between. Every time we go on one of these trips we wonder how it is possible that a family of four spends a week in a hotel room, yet somehow they do.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Victor glad you saved yourself a ton of money

Here is a video showing how timeshare sales people think of you when your not in the room.

Last edited:

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so happy to hear this. Your wife sounds like a spitfire - my kinda gal! Good for you both!