• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding the account suspensions and related issues (i.e. restrictions etc.) a poster to TUG said "My best guess is that they can't wrap things up until after voyager is rolled out": Hopefully, this experienced person is correct and it fixes the restriction issues affecting me (mostly sales staff imposed) and what I believe to be hacking of my account.

Cannot help but note that one component of the Voyager Roll-Out involves Corporate Sales, with any luck at all this will give them more control over the outlying Sales offices in a positive manner.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
IMG_1454.GIF
Regarding the account suspensions and related issues (i.e. restrictions etc.) a poster to TUG said "My best guess is that they can't wrap things up until after voyager is rolled out": Hopefully, this experienced person is correct and it fixes the restriction issues affecting me (mostly sales staff imposed) and what I believe to be hacking of my account.

Cannot help but note that one component of the Voyager Roll-Out involves Corporate Sales, with any luck at all this will give them more control over the outlying Sales offices in a positive manner.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wow. In a previous post I referred to to you as a conspiracy theorist. When I said it I was exaggerating to make a point. Looks like I was onto something

Voyager is, according to Wyndham, an inventory control and reservations system. And that's what I think it is

And the problem of extra points that caused Wyndham to suspend a number of accounts is, at least in part, an inventory control problem

I think Wyndham thinks the new inventory control system will solve this inventory control problem.

your account hasn't been suspended so my speculation dosent go to your problems (whatever they are) I doubt that sales has restricted your account but if they have, I don't see voyager solving anything for you

And I don't see any connection between sales and voyager. What do you see?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Answering Ron's Question in the above Post: Wyndham's own words:

"T h e Project Voyager Agent Desktop is so much more than new reservation software. It will touch many owner-facing divisions across the company, including Owner Care, Reservations and Resort Management. But, Financial Services, Corporate Direct Sales, Inventory Management and others will use it too. When fully integrated, over 2,000 associates will use the Agent Desktop in some form."

And the wisdom of the quoted poster above (That would have been you).

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Answering Ron's Question in the above Post: Wyndham's own words:

"T h e Project Voyager Agent Desktop is so much more than new reservation software. It will touch many owner-facing divisions across the company, including Owner Care, Reservations and Resort Management. But, Financial Services, Corporate Direct Sales, Inventory Management and others will use it too. When fully integrated, over 2,000 associates will use the Agent Desktop in some form."

And the wisdom of the quoted poster above (That would have been you).

You are reading way too much into that public relations statement you quoted. This statement was made to convince The Wyndham Worldwide Corporation to continue pouring money into the black hole that Voyager had become.

no doubt sales will use it.. to help them do their job of sales,

I assume sales will be able to use it (just as they use the current reservations system) to see your history and to find "problems" with your account that can be solved with the purchase of more points.

I dont think that sales will be able to use it to impose restrictions on you or your account, any more than they can use the current system to impose restrictions.

nor will it allow the corporate sales staff to control the sales staff at the resort. Both are (or should be) under the control of the sales executives at the corporate level. but as we all know, there is no control. or at least there wasnt any under Franz Hanning (the salesman that became CEO) Now that he is gone perhaps wyndham will change sales tactics, or maybe hes gone because he wouldnt change sales tactics. But to say that Voyager is the tool to make changes in sales tactics is a stretch, i think)

So the the question becomes (at least my question is) What the heck are you up to?.. whats the agenda you are trying to promote?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are reading way too much into that public relations statement you quoted. This statement was made to convince The Wyndham Worldwide Corporation to continue pouring money into the black hole that Voyager had become.

no doubt sales will use it.. to help them do their job of sales,

I assume sales will be able to use it (just as they use the current reservations system) to see your history and to find "problems" with your account that can be solved with the purchase of more points.

I dont think that sales will be able to use it to impose restrictions on you or your account, any more than they can use the current system to impose restrictions.

nor will it allow the corporate sales staff to control the sales staff at the resort. Both are (or should be) under the control of the sales executives at the corporate level. but as we all know, there is no control. or at least there wasnt any under Franz Hanning (the salesman that became CEO) Now that he is gone perhaps wyndham will change sales tactics, or maybe hes gone because he wouldnt change sales tactics. But to say that Voyager is the tool to make changes in sales tactics is a stretch, i think)

So the the question becomes (at least my question is) What the heck are you up to?.. whats the agenda you are trying to promote?

No agenda and I would not bet sales cannot impose restrictions, they did in my case. All people are seeing with the Fall Account Suspensions is the use of restrictions has been expanded significantly.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
No agenda and I would not bet sales cannot impose restrictions, they did in my case. All people are seeing with the Fall Account Suspensions is the use of restrictions has been expanded significantly.

Again. What the heck are you talking about? What happened in August to me and others that have posted here is significantly different than anything that has happen since I've been an owner

What specific restrictions did sales impose on you?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Again. What the heck are you talking about? What happened in August to me and others that have posted here is significantly different than anything that has happen since I've been an owner

What specific restrictions did sales impose on you?

Does not matter. Either the use use of punitive measures will continue and/or increase under whoever takes over or not. The name of the game now is try to keep out of what is happening.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
So what factual information do we know now?

We have an Wyndham article from 2012 telling us that Project Voyager will be delivered in 2013, and how it will make Wyndham's CSR's more efficient. It makes no mention of any improvements on the customer-facing website we use.

We have an archived page (dated 8 Apr 2013) from a defunct website for Crown Partners LLC (a web development company) discussing their delivery of a web content management system for Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Said article is written in the past tense, implying that the system was delivered i.e. "Voyager required a redesign of Wyndham’s entire booking and reservation system. Part of an integrated content management system with web experience management (WEM), Crown delivered a better customer experience to Wyndham via the Interwoven TeamSite/LiveSite platform."

Crown Partners is no longer in business, and the successor company (SapientRazorfish) - makes no mention of Wyndham as a client.

And just so I understand...... these are the data points that indicate that Project Voyager is just around the corner, and will solve all the challenges that have resulted in accts being frozen?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
IMG_1380.JPG

This guy wanted to put his two cents in after he read Avislo/RRLongwell/lcml1's posts!!

Does not matter. Either the use use of punitive measures will continue and/or increase under whoever takes over or not. The name of the game now is try to keep out of what is happening.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert, what's has happened to a small number of Wyndham owners, has happened and is not happening to anyone else

So What are you suggesting when you say "the name of the game is to stay out of the way of what's happening?"

So What's happening Robert? Or better said, What do you think is happening?

Attachments

• IMG_3754.JPG
    IMG_3754.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 62

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 3535
This guy wanted to put his two cents in after he read Avislo/RRLongwell/lcml1's posts!!

Quoted from the previous post: "Robert, what's has happened to a small number of Wyndham owners, has happened and is not happening to anyone else"

So What are you suggesting when you say "the name of the game is to stay out of the way of what's happening?"

So What's happening Robert? Or better said, What do you think is happening?

This tread pertains to the pre-viewsite, aka Voyager. That is what is happening. For what is happening with account suspensions, maybe the thread pertaining to that issue would be a good place to start.

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Someone (perhaps a mod) should end this thread and put it out of its misery as an act of mercy.
but its so much fun seeing what meme @dagger1 will post next.

loving the photo of @ronparise from the "good ol'days". Genuinely made me smile, he was/is one kool kat!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. Majority rules, and the thread goes on. I will just refrain from opening it anymore. From the beginning, the title offered more than anything in the thread delivered.

Maybe the thread would be much more productive if the critics and others watching the site would post what they are seeing and/or their experience with the preview site/voyager.

There was a reference to "security camera" TUG can be a forum that can be used to serve the same purpose but with the Voyager Project as the object of the cameras. The person introduced this comment might share what their experience with voyager has been.

Auditing problems is just a pre-text for what is happening. People who believe this might also share what their experience with the preview site is.

For the person(s) who think the sky is falling, if they checked out their site(s), maybe they could get re-assured that the sky is not falling over the Voyage issue(s). Maybe for the underlying issues that lead to Voyager.

If these things were done, maybe the expectations of the poster could be met. A nice gesture might be the poster sharing his experiences with the preview site/Voyager.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Not sure what you expect people to be "watching". None of the critical functions people use the website for are functional (booking reservations, guests, RCI, etc). And in the six months since they launched the preview site, nothing has changed in that regard. It's just eye-candy. They don't even show the confirmations.

We can marvel about how pretty it looks, and how it is better with mobile devices, but "where's the beef?".

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the thread would be much more productive if the critics and others watching the site would post what they are seeing and/or their experience with the preview site/voyager.

There was a reference to "security camera" TUG can be a forum that can be used to serve the same purpose but with the Voyager Project as the object of the cameras. The person introduced this comment might share what their experience with voyager has been.

Auditing problems is just a pre-text for what is happening. People who believe this might also share what their experience with the preview site is.

For the person(s) who think the sky is falling, if they checked out their site(s), maybe they could get re-assured that the sky is not falling over the Voyage issue(s). Maybe for the underlying issues that lead to Voyager.

If these things were done, maybe the expectations of the poster could be met. A nice gesture might be the poster sharing his experiences with the preview site/Voyager.

No one has any experience with voyager except perhaps some beta testers and no one here has reported that they were beta testing

And I was suggesting that you were running around like chicken little. It's you that is worried about sky falling

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you expect people to be "watching". None of the critical functions people use the website for are functional (booking reservations, guests, RCI, etc). And in the six months since they launched the preview site, nothing has changed in that regard. It's just eye-candy. They don't even show the confirmations.

We can marvel about how pretty it looks, and how it is better with mobile devices, but "where's the beef?".

For starters:

Ownership Details:

- Correct point of contact name, address, etc.
- Correct number of contracts listed under the correct numbers.
- Correct owners listed for each specific contract.
- Is the system stable, i.e. does it show the same number of contracts each time
- Are the points total per contract correct.
- Is the use year end date correct.
- Is their only one use year end date.
- Under Contract Details does it show what features the contract has per contract, example: CLUB WYNDHAM® Select, Reciprocal ARP, UDI.
- Does it show the correct home resort.

Points Tab:

- Are the points properly assigned to the proper category.
- Are the points assigned to each owner correct.
- Are Credit Pool use year start dates correct.

Financial Tab:

- Are all contacts listed and the financial info correct.

Manage Account:

- Does it let you add a photo.
- Does it let you do anything other than change user name password, and security questions? Example: change e-mail.

2nd Round:

- Have problems been reported through the feedback tab.
- Has a response been received.
- Was the problem corrected.
- Is it better with mobile devices.
- Is Owner Care helpful.
- Is Title helpful
- Is Tech Support helpful.
- Is Web Site Support helpful.
- Getting all owner names from the old site to be able to get access to the new site with their own user name and password.

As for the question "Where is the Beef?" Maybe under the rocks. Until the rocks are checked, who knows.

For a number of regular posters that are VIP Gold/Platinum, does ARP and RARP show up at all or correctly for the 1 or 2 times it can be used depending on VIP level.

It will be interesting to see if Voyager is being used for what is being indirectly discussed in posts relating to sales presentations over time on possible limitations/reductions in ability to see/use available reservations bases on account tabs and/or extending the concept from account based tabs to person based tabs (i.e. UDI PR, Access, Club Pass, Outrigger, etc.).

Who's on next?

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
For starters:

Ownership Details:

- Is the system stable, i.e. does it show the same number of contracts each time
- Under Contract Details does it show what features the contract has per contract, example: CLUB WYNDHAM® Select, Reciprocal ARP, UDI.

Points Tab:

Financial Tab:

Manage Account:

- Does it let you do anything other than change user name password, and security questions? Example: change e-mail.

2nd Round:

- Is Owner Care helpful.
- Is Title helpful

As for the question "Where is the Beef?" Maybe under the rocks. Until the rocks are checked, who knows.

For a number of regular posters that are VIP Gold/Platinum, does ARP and RARP show up at all or correctly for the 1 or 2 times it can be used depending on VIP level.

Who's on next?
a77NqQA_700b_zps8xqjxd5p.jpg

and.... wait for it....

IMG_1454_zpsirblbuuc.gif

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this follows true to form, Mr Avislo will soon begin to see criticism of his posts as personal attacks Watch for it

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IMG_1647.JPG
For starters:

Ownership Details:

Points Tab:

Financial Tab:

Manage Account:

2nd Round:

- Is Owner Care helpful.
- Is Title helpful

Who's on next?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this follows true to form, Mr Avislo will soon begin to see criticism of his posts as personal attacks Watch for it

No, not personal attacks in their present form, just attacks apparently being done for business reasons from people who benefit from them for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.