• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham club access points vs regular W. pts with deed ..

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Since I'm a newbie I'm still checking things out.Are you able to use ARP if you want to book a reservation for January Y and your anniversary is January first.(Do you just call 13 months before Jan. Y to reserve at a week in Jan Y. that you technically haven't payed MF on yet?) I am leaning toward buying Access points as resale and want to figure out the best anniversary for me since I have come across different anniversary months. (Will my anniversary ever matter with regards to the month I need to make my reservation from or do I only always just pay attention to the 13m0/10mo window?) If I can't use the ability to have ARP in this example maybe the opportunity of ARP for the resorts in Access are not a benefit I can use and plus points will be just as good when it comes to reserving. (I'm aware credit pool points loses ARP and that the inventory of units to use with Access ARP may be limited in general.).

Your ARP rights would be honored even if the maintance fees are not yet due. Wynhdam has other ways to handle that situation. If the account is in good standing you will be fine. At this time, I would suspect Club Wynhdam Plus points would have more ARP availabilty than the Club Wynhdam Access points because Access ARP is only good up to the level that Access owns the deeds on. If Access owned deeds at any given resort exceeds the Club Wyndham Access points, then this could change. The other way it could change has to do with use year and ARP. ARP points can be used from multiple contracts only if they are the same use year. Since Access presumably is taking on Myrtle Beach properties on a regular basis, The amount of usable ARP reservations is probably increasing. Myrtle is a huge amount of points for a summer week reservation. By taking a bunch of points contracts that are not sufficient to book a summer week can then be added together based on use year to give more usable ARP rights. In theory, they may be at this point now.

Last edited:

cbn

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA/ CWP fee

In Wyndham, the two different points systems are PLUS and ACCESS. Those fees are known as CWP fee and CWA fee verses your annual HOA fee called the "Maintenance Fee" or the separate line item call "Property Taxes".

Hope this helps your understanding of these fees which come along with buying either Club Wyndham Plus or Club Wyndham Access POINTS.[/QUOTE]

This helps alot-great background info. (I didn't even know what CWP?CWA stood for before)Is the CWP or CWA included when you are paying the MF (monthly/yearly) or do you get a separate bill for them during the year. (I am trying to figure out when I buy resale and they list the MF, will I get another fee after i buy for CWP or CWA yearly from Wyndham? Is it dependent on number of points owned or number of contracts?)

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... (I am trying to figure out when I buy resale and they list the MF, will I get another fee after i buy for CWP or CWA yearly from Wyndham? Is it dependent on number of points owned or number of contracts?)

The odds are pretty good this would be true for Internet listings. The HOA fees and Wyndham fees are broken out but paid for at one time.