• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Closing Timeline

StuckInKS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Innsbruck Aspen
Wyndham Mountain Vista
Wyndham Skyline Tower
Wyndham Palm-Aire
I am currently closing on 3 Wyndham contracts. All resale from eBay (same way I bought my Bluegreen in 2015). One was bought in mid-Nov, one in mid-Dec and the last one near the end of Feb. I just received papers on my Feb contract that said the info has been sent to the resort and I just need to wait for them to record it. I haven't heard anything on my Nov & Dec purchases (same broker, but different than the one from Feb). I have questions concerning two different aspects:

1. When should I expect to receive my Wyndham membership # from the Feb purchase so I can login to the system. Will it be after the resort has recorded it? Will the info come directly from Wyndham or from the broker?

2. Should I be concerned that I have not heard anything about my Nov & Dec purchases since I have heard about my Feb purchase?

I'm not really sure of the "steps" involved in closing a Wyndham resale, so any info on that would also be appreciated.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
I am currently closing on 3 Wyndham contracts. All resale from eBay (same way I bought my Bluegreen in 2015). One was bought in mid-Nov, one in mid-Dec and the last one near the end of Feb. I just received papers on my Feb contract that said the info has been sent to the resort and I just need to wait for them to record it. I haven't heard anything on my Nov & Dec purchases (same broker, but different than the one from Feb). I have questions concerning two different aspects:

1. When should I expect to receive my Wyndham membership # from the Feb purchase so I can login to the system. Will it be after the resort has recorded it? Will the info come directly from Wyndham or from the broker?

2. Should I be concerned that I have not heard anything about my Nov & Dec purchases since I have heard about my Feb purchase?

I'm not really sure of the "steps" involved in closing a Wyndham resale, so any info on that would also be appreciated.

1. 3-4 months is my guess at current pace. very slow. I have no inside information or data but think its due to wyndham trying to get a handle on mega-renters and associated contracts.
2. no but you can call wyndham title transfer department and get status. Usual wyndham answer 8-10 more weeks....
Steps:
-Previous owner sends signed Docs to closing company.
-Closing company prepares deed and sends it to local recording office.
-Recording office records it and sends closing company a stamped copy.
-Closing company sends a copy to you and to Wyndham.
-It sits on someone's desk at Wyndham for awhile.
-Wyndham records it.
-You know it's in your name when you get a bill from Wyndham.​

I've heard closings are rather slow at present. My last 2 purchases were fast. I have a 3rd underway at present.
Contract:
  • 1 (CWA) June 2016 Purchase 40 days to close
  • 2 (CWA) July 2016 Purchase 44 days to close
  • 3 (CWA) In-progress

My experience: http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/purchase-timeline-new-owner.244374/

StuckInKS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Innsbruck Aspen
Wyndham Mountain Vista
Wyndham Skyline Tower
Wyndham Palm-Aire
1. 3-4 months is my guess at current pace. very slow. I have no inside information or data but think its due to wyndham trying to get a handle on mega-renters and associated contracts.
2. no but you can call wyndham title transfer department and get status. Usual wyndham answer 8-10 more weeks....
Steps:
-Previous owner sends signed Docs to closing company.
-Closing company prepares deed and sends it to local recording office.
-Recording office records it and sends closing company a stamped copy.
-Closing company sends a copy to you and to Wyndham.
-It sits on someone's desk at Wyndham for awhile.
-Wyndham records it.
-You know it's in your name when you get a bill from Wyndham.

Thanks for the info. Re: 3-4 month timeframe, my Nov purchase is just past the 4 month mark and my Dec purchase is just past the 3 month mark and I still haven't received any paperwork or anything from the broker. Not a word since my first e-mail with my payment and info for the contract. I'd be a little more concerned about them if my mom hadn't already closed a non-Wyndham purchase through them. I am going to e-mail them today to ask about the progress.

I'm guessing my Feb contract just passed the 4th step on your list. However, it did say something about the next MF fee being due a few weeks before the papers were sent to me. I wasn't sure if I was responsible for it yet or how to even pay it without a member number or a bill. Am I not responsible until I receive a bill or is there a way to pay before I receive my Wyndham info?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
For your Nov and Dec if you have the contract number (which hopefully you did get full information on the contract before you bought) I would call the title dept just to check the status. It will at the very least put your mind at ease and know the broker did their job. What types of contracts were they? CWA? If so I would expect for you at least have gotten the letter to notarize from Wyndham and send back to them for the transfer of ownership.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We bought four contracts (eBay) from mid September to mid October 2016 (all CWA points). From purchase date to appearing under my Wyndham member number was approximately 4-1/2 months for each of the contracts.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I just closed on a contract that I bought in mid-November. The seller drug their feet on getting the paperwork together. Once Wyndham got the paperwork (January 5th) it took them 7 weeks and 1 day. It was a deeded contract. CWA moves faster provided you send back the doc Wyndham sends you to fill out and have notarized. There was another person who got a CWA contract that had it completed before me. I would call to be sure that title got everything they needed. Sometimes they are missing the payment for the transfer fee which the broker or title company is supposed to send with the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk