*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham Check-in Policy for guests - credit cards no longer required

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by Sandi Bo, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Sandi Bo

Sandi Bo TUG Member

Is anyone aware of changes to Wyndham's check-in policy? I am specifically concerned with finding out that they no longer require a credit card at check-in. I uncomfortable with this, I always felt it was safer when renting that a credit card was swiped / verified. Somehow seems like an occupant would feel more accountable, perhaps?

I see on the confirmation that it states:
    A credit card pre-authorization or cash deposit will be required upon check-in.

However, I am hearing that the policy changed, about the 1st of the year, and this is longer a requirement. A credit card is optional, and only needed if the occupant (guest or owner) would like to charge incidentals to the room.

2. scootr5

scootr5 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

They asked me for one at Glacier Canyon February 18th, and did not present it as "optional".

3. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Definitely not a Wyndham-wide policy change. Or if it is, resorts are ignoring it.

4. Sandi Bo

Sandi Bo TUG Member

When my sister checked into Bentley Brook in February they didn't ask for a credit card. I thought that was odd and figured they messed up.

I have someone renting at Bonnet Creek in April and they wanted to know how much the card would be authorized for. I called Bonnet Creek and that is when I was told it is no longer required.

We stayed at Smuggler's Notch in December. They took a credit card (and someone fraudulently charged about $800 to our room for ski lessons :)).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  5. Carol C

Carol C TUG Lifetime Member

I was asked for one at Wyn Lake Marion, and I stay here all the time and they know me at front desk. (Hey no jokes about maybe that's why they ask for a c.c. deposit because "they know Carol C is a party girl"!)

6. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

my Las Vegas reservation still has the requirement printed there..we'll see in two weeks at check in

BTY Im told, Wyndhams sister timeshare, Worldmark, doesnt require it

7. ira g

ira g TUG Member

Grand Desert in Las Vegas asked for a picture ID and credit card at check in. For a two week stay they authorized $150.

8. massvacationer

massvacationer TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

We stayed at Bentley Brook two weeks ago and they said they didn't need a credit card from me. However, they were getting one from someone else that was checking in. My guess was that they weren't asking Wyndham owners for credit cards - as they know how to find/bill us, if they need to. But, my guess was that they were getting credit cards from non-owners.

In late January, also at Bentley Brook, they did ask for a credit card. So, this may have changed very recently. Also this could be a resort specific policy. It does still say at the bottom of reservations that a credit card is required to check-in.

9. kalua

kalua Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

credit card

towers on the grove and westwinds still require id and credit card .

10. LLW

LLW TUG Member

That is correct. They go after the booking owner - and have (experiences reported on wmowners.com, e.g. when excessive cleaning was needed). It's in the WM Club guidelines. Is it in the Wyndham VR guidelines also?

11. jjmanthei05

jjmanthei05 TUG Member

All of the confirmations I have say that one will be required. I have them at GC, Great Smokies lodge and seawatch.

Jason.