• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort Orlando

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You make a solid point and I understand what you are saying. The good news is my children are young enough to enjoy a set week the 3rd week in April for many many years to come. Also, there is a ton of things to do in And around Orlando which is perfectly fine with me. So, I believe a set week is the way to go for my family but also find a resale where the resort will allow use at another of their resorts(+ fees). Does anyone know of resorts that allows that?

Only you can answer this, but you should examine if you and your SO are the types that enjoy doing the same vacation routine year after year after year, or you are going to mix it up, especially as the kids are getting a little older and might start to get jaded about an annual Orlando trip.....Many people like the home-away-from-home idea, but yet many others want new vacation experiences.

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
You ALL are very wonderful and knowledgeable TUGGers!! Thank you all for the advice, feedback and knowledge. What works for my family is the fixed week in Orlando. Being that my children's Spring Break is in April that affords me the luxury of traveling to Orlando in, for lack of a better word, low demand season. I believe Orlando is perfect for us because of the attractions but also for the many things to experience in and around the city and just an hour drive to other cities to experience. Also, with that week, if I'm understanding correctly, it won't be as hard to find another resort/location to vacation when I look to deposit, trade, or exchange my week(with additional fees of course) if we do tire of the sun and beaches of Orlando. That really depends on the winter weather we experience here in CT really. As the kids get older which won't happen for another 10yrs roughly we can decide what's best then. But truth be told we are a simple bunch and do not ask for much. Even if we tire of the attractions of Disney/Universal in Orlando or even Busch Garden/Sea World there is a ton of fun to be had in Florida for now as the kids continue to grow up for the next 10yrs at least. Like I said earlier finding a resale where the resort would allow me to vacation at their many other resorts would be awesome. Any suggestions? Was Star Island a suggestion? I am really interested in Orange Lake West Village because of the resort and the "water park" they have on site. It looks very nice from the pictures. Thoughts about that resort?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You ALL are very wonderful and knowledgeable TUGGers!! Thank you all for the advice, feedback and knowledge. What works for my family is the fixed week in Orlando. Being that my children's Spring Break is in April that affords me the luxury of traveling to Orlando in, for lack of a better word, low demand season. I believe Orlando is perfect for us because of the attractions but also for the many things to experience in and around the city and just an hour drive to other cities to experience. Also, with that week, if I'm understanding correctly, it won't be as hard to find another resort/location to vacation when I look to deposit, trade, or exchange my week(with additional fees of course) if we do tire of the sun and beaches of Orlando. That really depends on the winter weather we experience here in CT really. As the kids get older which won't happen for another 10yrs roughly we can decide what's best then. But truth be told we are a simple bunch and do not ask for much. Even if we tire of the attractions of Disney/Universal in Orlando or even Busch Garden/Sea World there is a ton of fun to be had in Florida for now as the kids continue to grow up for the next 10yrs at least. Like I said earlier finding a resale where the resort would allow me to vacation at their many other resorts would be awesome. Any suggestions? Was Star Island a suggestion? I am really interested in Orange Lake West Village because of the resort and the "water park" they have on site. It looks very nice from the pictures. Thoughts about that resort?

Two things to keep in mind:

1. Make sure your Spring Break is absolutely the same week every year. Mine floats with Easter, I know of some others that are not AT Easter but the timing of Easter can sway them a week one direction or the other.
2. Leap years may throw your use week off, so there is potential every four years that your use week won't align with your Spring Break.

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Two things to keep in mind:

1. Make sure your Spring Break is absolutely the same week every year. Mine floats with Easter, I know of some others that are not AT Easter but the timing of Easter can sway them a week one direction or the other.
2. Leap years may throw your use week off, so there is potential every four years that your use week won't align with your Spring Break.
Oh my! That is a good heads up thank you. I will look into that as well.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my! That is a good heads up thank you. I will look into that as well.

Sorry to run on, but also, if your district assigns Spring Break by a day of the month, like the closest Monday to April 15 for example, there will come a time when your week may cycle out of alignment with SB for several years until they realign. That and the leap year effect are the difference between having Week 15 and the week starting the second Monday in April or the first Monday after April 15 or what have you.

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Sorry to run on, but also, if your district assigns Spring Break by a day of the month, like the closest Monday to April 15 for example, there will come a time when your week may cycle out of alignment with SB for several years until they realign. That and the leap year effect are the difference between having Week 15 and the week starting the second Monday in April or the first Monday after April 15 or what have you.
Not running on at all I really appreciate the help and knowledge. So, my best bet would be to see where my week alignment is for 2018 and plan for there? Now I'm nervous because I don't want the kids missing a week of school before/after their Spring Break. A have some more researching to do. I will PM you I have an off topic message for you.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Not running on at all I really appreciate the help and knowledge. So, my best bet would be to see where my week alignment is for 2018 and plan for there? Now I'm nervous because I don't want the kids missing a week of school before/after their Spring Break. A have some more researching to do. I will PM you I have an off topic message for you.

If it's RCI, you can deposit that week and the points will be good for two years and you can use them anytime of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

What you really need to do is find out your district's exact Spring Break Rules and calculate Spring Break for the next ten years.

Then, look at a timeshare calendar to determine when the week you are looking at falls each year, and compare to learn what years they align and what years they don't. You should find the week that aligns with at least 7 of the next ten years. If Spring Break does float per the district calendar, you may be better off with a points system, because Exchanging isn't free.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Get an RCI Points week @ the resort in Orlando that you want to be at. WHY? For a small exchange fee (used to be $40), RCI Points has the HOME WEEK needing to be booked at 13 months from checkin; HOME RESORT is booked at the 12 month out from checkin ($40 exchange fee) and HOME GROUP is booked at 11 months out for the full exchange fee. Everything else is at the 10 months & full exchange fee.