• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort Orlando

YodaIAm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Wyndham Resorts
Bay lake Towers DVC
We go to Disney every year and never have any problems finding a room. We pay more than 130/1000 pts. One of the main reason we don't want to make the transfer is because we have to buy a separate package, usually at least $15k, in order for us to do so. In addition to paying the $15k for the new package, we would have to pay additional maintenance fees because we will have more points.

We bought originally at Bonnet Creek with Fairfield before Wyndham bought them out. After Wyndham purchased Fairfield and changes started happening we WANTED more points but Wyndham ticked us off so much we bought with DVC. We are VERY happy with them. (Currently anyway) We go to Disney at least 2 weeks a year so it made sense for us to do so. Don't give up your deeded property. Yes they DO want that deed back in hand. If you want additional points I would highly suggest checking out DVC.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
We go to Disney every year and never have any problems finding a room. We pay more than 130/1000 pts. One of the main reason we don't want to make the transfer is because we have to buy a separate package, usually at least $15k, in order for us to do so. In addition to paying the $15k for the new package, we would have to pay additional maintenance fees because we will have more points.

Can I ask what they offered for $15k? I don't plan on buying anymore developer points, but I am always curious about what they are trying to sell them for. I agree with the others that you should stick with what you have if you are happy with it. If you want CWA points, or more Bonnet Creek points, stick with eBay. You'll get a better deal. The only benefit to a Wyndham loan is the tax write off. Even then, how much of benefit it is, varies by individual. Talk to an accountant or tax preparer before making that commitment. Our tax preparer included that interest on our deductions. It was only about $1k a year for a $15k loan. Interest on a Wyndham loan ranges from 13-17% depending on credit worthiness and down payment. The tax write off does not apply to the Wyndham rewards credit card. It has to be the loan.

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Every time I stay at any Wyndham resort, obviously as an owner
I don't follow this 130/1000 points cost. Your MF rate should be $5.92-5.94/1000 points. If that is purchase cost, that rate is about 12-15 times higher than resale prices.

How many points do you own at BC? Did you originally buy direct from Wyndham?

I was hoping they replied to this question hopefully another Tugger possibly could......

Currently on eBay for resale is 224,000 annual points for Bonnet Creek. I have a huge family (8 total travelers) and wondering if those are enough points to accomadate my entire family? Also, with the points would I be able to book at another resort in the US/World if we wanted a change of scenery ever 2 or 3 years? I am attaching a copy of the eBay ad. You make have to copy and paste. All feedback is very welcome.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/224-000-Annua...3Ab27eca0f1590a60cc9787244ffbef50c%7Ciid%3A17

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping they replied to this question hopefully another Tugger possibly could......

Currently on eBay for resale is 224,000 annual points for Bonnet Creek. I have a huge family (8 total travelers) and wondering if those are enough points to accomadate my entire family? Also, with the points would I be able to book at another resort in the US/World if we wanted a change of scenery ever 2 or 3 years? I am attaching a copy of the eBay ad. You make have to copy and paste. All feedback is very welcome.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/224-000-Annual-Wyndham-Points-Bonnet-Creek-All-Points-Available-2017-/222381028329?hash=item33c6f133e9:g:dYEAAOSwCGVX4XSZ&_trkparms=pageci%3A8c38e977-dd9e-11e6-8563-005056b68884%7Cparentrq%3Ab27eca0f1590a60cc9787244ffbef50c%7Ciid%3A17

If you can go in "Value" season, 224K points is plenty for a 3 bedroom. It's almost enough for a 3 bedroom in high season (231K points required). If you have to travel at peak times due to the school schedule, you would need 308K points to book a 3 bedroom for a week. If you gor for less than a week, especially if you avoid weekends, 224K points should be plenty.

231K points is enough for a large unit in many Wyndham resorts. In the newer resorts, however, those points would get you less far than they will at Bonnet Creek. Also, "world travel" is certainly possible with those points, with the caveat that availability of resorts varies in RCI, and the longer ahead of time you put in an ongoing search, the more successful you will be.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score

http://m.ebay.com/itm/224-000-Annual-Wyndham-Points-Bonnet-Creek-All-Points-Available-2017-/222381028329?hash=item33c6f133e9:g:dYEAAOSwCGVX4XSZ&_trkparms=pageci%3A8c38e977-dd9e-11e6-8563-005056b68884%7Cparentrq%3Ab27eca0f1590a60cc9787244ffbef50c%7Ciid%3A17

Welcome to TUG. Check out http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/ and you will see all the resorts and it will tell you the points for each location. You can see the size of the units and also the seasons that take less points.

Good luck

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
remember, you can credit pool some or all of your points if you are short.

3bedroom deluxe full week

234k High season
308k prime season (most of summer)
175k during value season.

Use the link nicemann provided to see the point values and check in calendars. When you know when you want to go, look at the check in calendar to find out what week that is. The date of check in is what is important. If you check in on a date that is prime season, but check out on a date that is high season, you are paying the prime rate. Once you figure out what week your check in date falls in, go to the resort in the directory to see what the points is for that week.

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
If you can go in "Value" season, 224K points is plenty for a 3 bedroom. It's almost enough for a 3 bedroom in high season (231K points required). If you have to travel at peak times due to the school schedule, you would need 308K points to book a 3 bedroom for a week. If you gor for less than a week, especially if you avoid weekends, 224K points should be plenty.

231K points is enough for a large unit in many Wyndham resorts. In the newer resorts, however, those points would get you less far than they will at Bonnet Creek. Also, "world travel" is certainly possible with those points, with the caveat that availability of resorts varies in RCI, and the longer ahead of time you put in an ongoing search, the more successful you will be.
That sounds assuring. Thanks for the quick response. Since I am tied to the school schedule and tied for the next 14/15yrs how would I go about getting an additional 84,000 points? Would I have to have Bonnet Creek pints or would points at any Wyndham resort work? Are the points for a deeded unit or are they Access points?

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
remember, you can credit pool some or all of your points if you are short.

3bedroom deluxe full week

234k High season
308k prime season (most of summer)
175k during value season.

Use the link nicemann provided to see the point values and check in calendars. When you know when you want to go, look at the check in calendar to find out what week that is. The date of check in is what is important. If you check in on a date that is prime season, but check out on a date that is high season, you are paying the prime rate. Once you figure out what week your check in date falls in, go to the resort in the directory to see what the points is for that week.
Looking now thanks so much.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Take a look at the 2017 maintenance fees thread.

enutts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai
That sounds assuring. Thanks for the quick response. Since I am tied to the school schedule and tied for the next 14/15yrs how would I go about getting an additional 84,000 points? Would I have to have Bonnet Creek pints or would points at any Wyndham resort work? Are the points for a deeded unit or are they Access points?

Any points will work. The main difference would be if you get more Bonnet Creek points you could use all the points for APR at Bonnet Creek, booking at 13 months

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Okay so far for the time of year I'm looking to book for my kids is when they go on Spring vacation which is usually the 3rd week in April with everyone else in the country I believe. So looking at the guide it falls during value week which would be awesome. Can anyone provide me with the 2016/2017/2018 nxtbook?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Okay so far for the time of year I'm looking to book for my kids is when they go on Spring vacation which is usually the 3rd week in April with everyone else in the country I believe. So looking at the guide it falls during value week which would be awesome. Can anyone provide me with the 2016/2017/2018 nxtbook?

They don't have one at this point and I'm not sure when they will. I've been keeping an eye out for it. The link nicemann provided is the same directory on Wyndham's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I attached the latest check in calendar that is on Wyndham's website.

Attachments

• wyndham check in calendar.jpg
    wyndham check in calendar.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 75

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Do you mean the third week of March? Most schools have their Spring Breaks in March. If your district has theirs the third week in April that should be much easier to get.

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Do you mean the third week of March? Most schools have their Spring Breaks in March. If your district has theirs the third week in April that should be much easier to get.
Definitely 3rd week in April. I live in CT so we have a Winter break in Feb and a Spring break in April. That makes things a lot easier to plan and possibly gives me the chance to utilize it this year as well.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Definitely 3rd week in April. I live in CT so we have a Winter break in Feb and a Spring break in April. That makes things a lot easier to plan and possibly gives me the chance to utilize it this year as well.

Since your Spring Break is the third week of April that should be much easier to get. I don't think it is as important to own at Bonnet Creek in that case. There are a lot of other resorts that have much lower maintenance fees. A friend of mine owns 98,000 less points than I do but pays $663 more in maintenance fees every year because he has higher maintenance fees at his home resort. Take a look at some of those other auctions and make sure you are looking at which closing costs are or aren't paid by the seller when you are comparing them. Sometimes it can be worth paying more for something that will give you more points with lower maintenance fees. If it takes 4 years or less to have the lower maintenance fees equal the higher purchase price I would go for it. If it is 5-6 years I'd have to think on it. If it is 7 or more years I would probably pass on it.

I hope OP will give their opinions on this.

The closings are running two months after the completed paperwork is submitted to Wyndham so you probably wouldn't get the points in time to use them this year.

Last edited:

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Since your Spring Break is the third week of April that should be much easier to get. I don't think it is as important to own at Bonnet Creek in that case. There are a lot of other resorts that have much lower maintenance fees. A friend of mine owns 98,000 less points than I do but pays $663 more in maintenance fees every year because he has higher maintenance fees at his home resort. Take a look at some of those other auctions and make sure you are looking at which closing costs are or aren't paid by the seller when you are comparing them. Sometimes it can be worth paying more for something that will give you more points with lower maintenance fees. If it takes 4 years or less to have the lower maintenance fees equal the higher purchase price I would go for it. If it is 5-6 years I'd have to think on it. If it is 7 or more years I would probably pass on it.

I hope OP will give their opinions on this.

The closings are running two months after the completed paperwork is submitted to Wyndham so you probably wouldn't get the points in time to use them this year.
You made a very sound opinion and I truly agree with you. Especially on the maintenance fees. I am now debating if having a deeded week is better than points due to my family size and what we would need when we travel. I am looking at getting a lockout 3 or 4 bedroom which would be good for now and the future because it affords us to take 2 or 3 vacations a years as the children get older. But I am researching my options in regards to the different resorts and the availability of the unit/s we may need versus the points system. All in all I believe they work out the same in some regards but as time goes by(for example purposes) the 224k points seems like it can go a very long way for a retired couple in about 20/25yrs versus a deeded week with a 3/4 bedroom lockout. Any thoughts on that?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
You made a very sound opinion and I truly agree with you. Especially on the maintenance fees. I am now debating if having a deeded week is better than points due to my family size and what we would need when we travel. I am looking at getting a lockout 3 or 4 bedroom which would be good for now and the future because it affords us to take 2 or 3 vacations a years as the children get older. But I am researching my options in regards to the different resorts and the availability of the unit/s we may need versus the points system. All in all I believe they work out the same in some regards but as time goes by(for example purposes) the 224k points seems like it can go a very long way for a retired couple in about 20/25yrs versus a deeded week with a 3/4 bedroom lockout. Any thoughts on that?

I like the points because I'm not locked into one place. I know some resort systems such as RCI will allow you to convert your week to points (for a charge) when you want to go somewhere else. My mom does this all the time. A fixed week is good if you are ok with going to the same place every year at the same time. Seems like that would get old after 20 years so you probably would have sold off that week by then and gotten something else. Also, family's change. As kids and grandkids grow, they want different things. I say if you don't do points, go with a week you can covert to points. It's an extra charge to convert but at least you get that fixed week if it a high demand resort in a high demand time but also have the flexibility to go somewhere else. I only know a little about RCI. You will want to do research on RCI before you decide to go there. Incidentally, you can book at Bonnet through RCI. You have to deposit your week with RCI to get your points. Then you make a reservation through the RCI website. The problem with that is, there is limited inventory at Wyndham resorts for RCI owners.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am now debating if having a deeded week is better than points due to my family size and what we would need when we travel.
Assuming you are still talking about Bonnet Creek: there are no fixed weeks at this resort.

You will want to do research on RCI before you decide to go there.
I would not advise anyone to buy a timeshare with a specific plan to exchange (via RCI or any other system) most years---and I say that as someone who uses RCI a lot. Playing the exchange game well is more or less a hobby. Some people (like me) enjoy that. Most people probably don't. Over time, the potential advantageous uses of RCI have become fewer and farther between, and prime inventory harder to get for a variety of reasons.

iaminak

Reaction score
Greetings,

The sales representative during our annual "owners update" at Bonnet Creek in Orlando, attempted to convince us to move our Bonnet Creek ownership (we own since 2002) to Wyndam Club Access.

As others have said, it's all about finding a reason to convince you to buy more. I was just at an update last month and their whole focus on me was trying to get me to convert all my Club Wyndham Access points to Bonnet Creek, which of course would require a purchase of more points. You can't make this stuff up!!

muzikman429

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Assuming you are still talking about Bonnet Creek: there are no fixed weeks at this resort.

I would not advise anyone to buy a timeshare with a specific plan to exchange (via RCI or any other system) most years---and I say that as someone who uses RCI a lot. Playing the exchange game well is more or less a hobby. Some people (like me) enjoy that. Most people probably don't. Over time, the potential advantageous uses of RCI have become fewer and farther between, and prime inventory harder to get for a variety of reasons.
You make a solid point and I understand what you are saying. The good news is my children are young enough to enjoy a set week the 3rd week in April for many many years to come. Also, there is a ton of things to do in And around Orlando which is perfectly fine with me. So, I believe a set week is the way to go for my family but also find a resale where the resort will allow use at another of their resorts(+ fees). Does anyone know of resorts that allows that?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

At which resorts are you seeing the 3 or 4 bedroom unit weeks?

Your situation is a little more complex with needing the larger units at specific times so you may not have as many options as other people do. I'm not a big fan of fixed weeks but in your case owning a fixed week might actually work best for your main vacation of the year. You could also purchase a points week in RCI that would give you more options for the other times.

My sister and brother-in-law own a highly sought after March Spring Break fixed week in a beautiful three bedroom/3 bath unit at Orange Lake in Orlando. They bought a two bedroom unit before their youngest was even born, 34-35 years ago and spent the money to upgrade to a three bedroom unit when the kids got older and they needed more space. It was wonderful for them all those years when their kids were growing up, then before they retired (both teachers) and is now again that they have grandchildren in school and need that specific week.

My sister and brother-in-law had the option to go to points when they upgraded to the three bedroom unit but they didn't understand about how points worked and passed on it. At that time RCI was just starting to get into points and I don't think the person at Orange Lake explained it very well to them so please don't think they were just plain stupid. But nonetheless it was a big mistake. Thanks to TUG there is a resource for people to learn from others mistakes. BTW, yes they did buy from the developer but when they bought almost 35 years ago buying resale was often pretty risky unless you were buying from a person you knew and trusted.

I'm not a fan of owning fixed weeks for several reasons but my reasons may not apply to you. If you ever want to convert your fixed week to points you will have to spend to $3k-$5k to do it from what I've seen in the posts. However if you get a good price on the week, fixed, and the unit size you need then years down the road rather than pay the money to convert it you do have options. Rent it to other people in your area who have that week as Spring Break, deposit it for trade or sell/give away your deed. I'm not sure if RCI or other timeshare systems offer anything for fixed weeks should a situation arise that you wouldn't be able to use the week. RCI offers points protection for an additional fee when you book a week using your points. My last personal objection to fixed weeks is that from reading OP's posts on various threads it doesn't seem nearly as easy to get good exchanges when you deposit your week and get TPUs, Trading Power Units?, as it is with points. Not sure if this is true just my take from reading the posts. I do know an advantage with a fixed week is that if you only want to use your week at your resort that you don't have to pay the yearly RCI fee to keep your week in their exchange system but you wouldn't be able to trade if you didn't. I would guess that you could opt into it at any point as long as your resort is still in the RCI exchange system but I don't know for sure that you can. And I don't know if it would be more expensive to do if you dropped out and later wanted to come back. Something else OP can probably answer.

You can own a points week at a resort in the RCI system and elect to use "your" week at your home resort instead of using the points for that week to book other weeks and places. Sorry I never use "my" week so don't remember exactly what you do but I think you have to notify RCI by the start of your use year that you intend to use "your" week and I know for sure that there is no exchange fee. When you use the points however you like which is what I do then there is a $230 fee for every week I book. I don't mind the fee because I get several weeks out of those points vs just one week if I used "my" week. I use my RCI points to get some fantastic very low point reservations because I know when I need to be online to get them and I set up searches.

I personally don't care for CWA (Club Wyndham Access). However that doesn't mean it isn't worth considering and that OP aren't completely happy with their CWA purchases. I don't like the way CWA is set up and want to actually own something that is deeded instead of having access to points held in a trust. Another thing I don't like about CWA is that the maintenance fees are higher than at a lot of the Wyndham resorts. I see people saying that you don't have to worry about any special assessments. We have owned for 15 years now with Fairfield/Wyndham and 13 years with a resort in the RCI system and have never (knock on wood) had a special assessment. I fully admit to being prejudiced against CWA because I remember how CWA started out, as a dumping ground for all the deeds Wyndham couldn't sell and resorts that needed a lot of work done on the buildings and units. Wyndham has expanded the number of resorts and inventory that are in CWA but not all the Wyndham resorts are in CWA even now. In watching the eBay listings I usually see a large number of CWA listings with nice chunks of points in them. It seems a bit odd to me to see that many listings for such large amounts of points when the CWA program hasn't been around that long. It could even be Wyndham selling them through someone else for all I know.

With Wyndham points as OP have posted in other threads if you are planning your big trips ahead and can be on the phone at 8am ET at the 13 month window or online at 7am ET at the 10 month window you are very likely to get the reservations you want. When it gets down to the last 15-45 days you can often find great reservations if you are able to go more last minute with both Wyndham points and RCI points. Also as OP have posted if you are open to trying other resorts rather than just one particular resort you can get some fantastic reservations with both Wyndham points and RCI points.

One of the big advantages of Wyndham points is that you can book stays starting any night of the week for as many nights as you want. You won't have nearly the check in day options with RCI that you will have with Wyndham points. When you book weeks, traded or points, with RCI they start on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You don't get to pick which unless there is more than one check in day available when you are booking and I would never count on that happening. With RCI it is possible to book partial week stays or extra nights but they not usually as available or even an option at all resorts.

It could be that my experience with using my RCI points vs my Wyndham points is different from OP. I live in Florida and can drive to so many fantastic resorts here in Florida so I get a lot of bang for my buck with my RCI points. You can use RCI points to book Wyndham resorts like Bonnet Creek, Star Island, Cypress Palms or Reunion in Orlando. Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach. Panama City Beach. Sea Gardens, Santa Barbara and Palm-Aire in Pompano Beach. Smokey Mountains and Great Smokies Lodge in Tennessee. Resorts in Branson, MO, Williamsburg, VA and Las Vegas. I'm sure there are more but these are just the ones that I've actually booked myself or often see available.

You can book Star Island in Orlando with Wyndham points but it, like many other Wyndham resorts, can also be booked with RCI points. RCI often has sales and you can book a two bedroom lock off unit at Star Island in Orlando for around $300 for the week with no points used. Once in a while I've seen three bedroom units at Summer Bay offered in the sale weeks too. I particularly like the two bedroom lock off units at Star Island because they function nicely as a three bedroom unit and accommodate larger families better. The bedroom in the smaller side has two double beds vs a second king bed like most other resorts have. Another feature I like about the SI lock off units is that the bathroom is located off the middle of the foyer separating the bedroom and the living room/kitchen in the smaller unit. Both the BR and LR/K each have a door so if you are using the sofa bed or even just watching TV in the LR/K you can shut either door for privacy and quiet. I've even booked a few extra nights at SI with my Wyndham points to extend my RCI sale week and they kept me in the same unit.

If you want to pick my brain you are welcome to pm me and I will give you my email and phone number.

Jan

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You make a solid point and I understand what you are saying. The good news is my children are young enough to enjoy a set week the 3rd week in April for many many years to come. Also, there is a ton of things to do in And around Orlando which is perfectly fine with me. So, I believe a set week is the way to go for my family but also find a resale where the resort will allow use at another of their resorts(+ fees). Does anyone know of resorts that allows that?

Vacation Village at Parkway might work for you The units there are all lockoffs so there will be room for your group.Weeks are available that are in the RCI points program and there are weeks that have not been put into points but can be exchanged in the weeks system. There are a number of different Vacation Village resorts so you can use your week or use RCI to exchange into the other resorts or even into your own resort, at discount.

Vacation Village weeks are cheap on ebay, and the mf is reasonable and the big thing for me is that they allow dogs.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Vacation Village at Parkway might work for you The units there are all lockoffs so there will be room for your group.Weeks are available that are in the RCI points program and there are weeks that have not been put into points but can be exchanged in the weeks system. There are a number of different Vacation Village resorts so you can use your week or use RCI to exchange into the other resorts or even into your own resort, at discount.

Vacation Village weeks are cheap on ebay, and the mf is reasonable and the big thing for me is that they allow dogs.

My mom has her week at Vacation Village. It's a nice resort.