• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldWide Resort Exchange [merged]

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with this company (WorldWide Resort Exchange) renting weeks or selling weeks for you. They called me today to sell my Solaris week in Los Cabos. You pay up front, $200 to rent and 1200 to sell the week. They say the contract will be within 90 days they are sold or you get your money back. It sounds to good to be true. Plus the minimum sale price is more than I bought it for. I don't like the pay up front but if they don't sell it within 90 days you will get your money back. They say they have corporations in Canada and Austraila that want the units. Any advise would be appreciated. I will be paying on my American Express card. They waived the rental until after the sale and I will send them a check for 200 a week.

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would pay 1200 up front for the sale though. Again they say they refund the money if they don't sell the week within 90 days

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Totally bogus - and you won't be able to get your money back, because they will have it outside the country.

The upfront fee is a HUGE red flag! Don't do it!

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually Its not that I get my money back. It's that They occur the additional cost to advertise etc after 90 days.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Start here.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191069

Now, stop and think for a moment.

Why should you pay them $1,200 upfront to try to sell your timeshare??

They should be taking the $1,200 out of the proceeds of the sale when they sell it.

In reading your posts I get the feeling that you are being blinded by the statement that you will get your money back if it doesn't sell.

As alway, I could be wrong.

This is the bling they are using to distract you from the fact that real estate sales don't work that way.

If you met someone on the beach and he made this offer would you hand over any money? Of course not but you would probably have a better chance of tracking down a stranger on the beach than this outfit once they have your money.

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Worldwide Vacations

Who are they? How do you make them stop calling?

We get calls from them daily (sometimes more than one a day) which I don't usually answer unless I don't have caller ID available. Have told them to stop calling but it does not good.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The company is located in Florida

#1 - You don't really know that.

#2 - That doesn't mean that they will hold the money in the country.

#3 - If there is such a strong market for timeshares in Mexico, why don't they go to ebay, buy a bunch for $1, and flip them for a fat profit, without involving you?

#4 - If they already have buyers, why do you have to send them $200 a week? why not just sell it and be done with it?

Upfront fees are a HUGE red flag - if you do this, be prepared to lose ALL the money and sell/rent nothing. REPUTABLE brokers take all the fees out of the proceeds, at closing.

Do this - contact them and tell them that you will pay double their fees, if they will take it out of the proceeds at closing. They will give you a bunch of bogus reasons why they can't do that, and then disappear - because there is no buyer, and they have no intention of selling your timeshare....

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Corporations do not buy timeshares, when entertaining or meeting, they book blocks of hotel resorts at the same hotel.

They say they have corporations in Canada and Australia that want the units.

Four clear signs of a scam,

• They called me today to sell my Solaris week in Los Cabos.
  • It sounds to good to be true.
  • Plus the minimum sale price is more than I bought it for.
  • I don't like the pay up front but if they don't sell it within 90 days you will get your money back.

You seem to want it to be true, and you're unwilling to accept the unbiased help. Please come back and advise how the transaction goes. Hopefully you will only lose what you can afford to waste.

Please visit this page first

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/06/timesharerelease.shtm

Fraudulent timeshare resellers lure consumers into paying hefty up-front fees, falsely claiming to have interested buyers ready to pay top dollar for the properties. They claim sales are about to happen, but there are no buyers, and consumers lose hundreds or thousands of dollars

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just for grins I looked around their site and I must say it doesn't look real bogus like many of them do.

I just picked a resort at random that they have listed and did my normal google search to see what happens. I chose Summer Bay Vacation Club in Kissimmee.

There are plenty of sites that come up with this resort for sale but after 3 pages World Wide Resort Exchanges did not show up.

So even if they are a legitimate company that will post your property for sale or rent, if they don't come in on the first couple of pages on a search, how many people will be looking at your ad?

A lot of these sites charge a fee to list but $1,200 seems very excessive to me especially when I can't even find them when searching for a unit.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a very good link but I fear those that are prime targets for these scams won't take the time to read them like those of us who want to warn people about scams will.

This one came to this room, if she doesn't believe us because we haven't been personally scammed perhaps a listing of criminal complaints referenced to the feds and other states will allow her to see the light.

It takes it out of the TUG community

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who are they? How do make them stop calling?

We get calls from them daily (sometimes more than one a day) which I don't usually answer unless I don't have caller ID available. Have told them to stop calling but it does not good.

There are a lot of these two-bit travel clubs that call (usually) RCI customers. They figure that, since you belong to RCI, that you like to do a lot of travel, have the resources to do a lot of travel, and appreciate resorts over hotels.

They claim that they are someway, somehow connected to RCI so as to gain your trust. However, RCI adamantly holds that it does not share members' information with third parties. Likely these telemarketers are getting RCI members' information from rogue employees or ex-employees.

I don't know exactly how to make them stop calling but I firmly say "I do not do business over the phone with people I don't know nor will I give my credit card information over the phone to some stranger who calls me." They usually terminate the conversation right there.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Lies to hook you into their "advertising" services

This isn't the first time an advertising website has made a cold call and flat out lied stating that they have renters (or buyers) waiting and just need you to pay an upfront fee. Once you pay you will find out that you only bought yourself some worthless space on their crappy obscure website. They are in it strictly for your upfront fee.

Their own website states that they do not provide real estate broker services.

They have been around for less than a year and are probably just a reincarnation of a previous website offering the same services that they have since shut down because too many people caught on to their lies.

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
WorldWide Resort Exchange

I entered into a contract to sell my Club Solaris week in Los Cobas. I paid the company 1300 to advertise it and handle the closing, title search etc.. I got called today from there legal department and they said they sold it for $16,800. Now I am told that they will send me my check for $16,800 but I need to pay a Douumentary Stamp Tax cause it is a profit. They want me to pay $3955.05 to them by a Direct Pay Form. I am to go to Bank of America and pany to the holding trust. They said I can send a wire transfer or I can use my charge card to pay the Documentary Stamp Tax. The address is
766 Summerdale Court
Longwood FL. 34477

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is clearly a scam...and to be quite honest, I can't believe you fell for it, after all the advice you got earlier this month on TUG.

You have lost the $1,300, and you will lose $3,955.05 more, if you send the bogus "tax" payment.

Your timeshare has not been sold.
There is no buyer.
There is no check coming.
You have been TAKEN!
GUARANTEED

You need to dispute the $1,300 with your credit card company IMMEDIATELY, and then tell World Wide, in no uncertain terms, that you will not send them $3,955, or proceed with this fraudulent transaction. They may threaten to sue you - scammers can't sue anyone....

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You obviously did not read or heed the warning the FTC put out to timeshare owners in post #9 above.

Our message to timeshare owners is simple: never pay for a promise, get everything in writing first, and pay only after your unit is sold

The red is mine.

You already got a regular poster pounding his head on his desk.:wall:

DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MORE MONEY!!!

Your $1,300 is gone. Denise said a mouthful when she spoke of all the good advice you got here.

Please listen to us this time.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I am told that they will send me my check for $16,800 but I need to pay a Douumentary Stamp Tax cause it is a profit. They want me to pay $3955.05 to them by a Direct Pay Form. I am to go to Bank of America and pany to the holding trust. They said I can send a wire transfer or I can use my charge card to pay the Documentary Stamp Tax. The address is
766 Summerdale Court
Longwood FL. 34477

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/06/timesharerelease.shtm

Fraudulent timeshare resellers lure consumers into paying hefty up-front fees, falsely claiming to have interested buyers ready to pay top dollar for the properties. They claim sales are about to happen, but there are no buyers, and consumers lose hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Direct match, are you that a blind by the bogus offer you cannot see the truth ?

Last edited:

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree about the scam. I agree I should of listened but I wanted to give it a try. The 1300 that I lost isn't the end of the world. What would be nice if the moderators not being so harsh about there opinions to people. That doesn't help matters. I enjoy TUG and enjoy reading articles. I don't want to get into a battle over this. thank you for the advise.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
... What would be nice if the moderators not being so harsh about there opinions to people. That doesn't help matters....

You have to remember this same question comes up again and again and some frustration sets in on those that try the hardest to help people avoid these scams.

Denise is one that keeps a lot of info at her finger tips to dispense when the need arises.

You have to give her credit for responding to you this time when many would have given up. I also have to give you a lot of credit for coming back after the initial mistake. Many would not have done that.

Sometimes it takes a kick in the pants to wake someone up to a situation and I think that's what a few were trying to do to keep you from making a bigger mistake.

As you read more and more here you will eventually save more than the $1300 by following some advice so things will even out.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree about the scam. I agree I should of listened but I wanted to give it a try. The 1300 that I lost isn't the end of the world. What would be nice if the moderators not being so harsh about there opinions to people. That doesn't help matters. I enjoy TUG and enjoy reading articles. I don't want to get into a battle over this. thank you for the advise.

We told you that would were going to get scammed, and you got scammed. :doh: It might make you feel better if we sugar coated it, but that wouldn't accomplish anything - or help other posters with the same question.

BUT - Big Kudos to you for coming back and telling us what happened - that WILL help others. :clap:

Please contact your credit card immediately - it is not too late to get your money back and AMEX is good about this.

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
First, I am sorry that you have lost money but as others have already stated at least you came back and advised what happened. You may have saved others who are thisclose to taking the bait.

I was wrong on my earlier post that this was an advertising company telling lies to get people to sign up for their services. This is clearly a scam that is posing as an advertising company.

I just posted elsewhere that the only thing that will stop these scammers is if people stop falling for their scams. Unfortunately, if a 7 year TUG member who was advised in advance that this was clearly a scam yet still fell victim I can only imagine how easy it is for the ill informed to fall prey.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the tone, but your post read like (to me) you were going to pay the B S tax despite multiple warnings

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No apology necessary...

Sorry about the tone, but your post read like (to me) you were going to pay the B S tax despite multiple warnings

David:
IMnsHO, you need not be the least bit apologetic about "tone" when your input was clearly intended only to help the OP. Sometimes, the facts are not pretty, but remain the facts nonetheless...

Input sometimes needs to be very blunt (IMnsHO) when people are about to fall for a scam, just because they want so very much for the pipe dream to be true. Some inevitably proceed forward anyhow, despite the warnings, but no one ever need "apologize" for trying to help. I know I certainly never will... :shrug: