• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark vs. Club Wyndham

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The short answer is Yes. Maintenance Fees are somewhat significantly higher with Wyndham than Worldmark. That is why, in general, Wyndham is a little step up, because you are paying more. At Angels Camp during prime season, in Worldmark credits it costs 10,000 credits for a 2 bedroom. If I am not mistaken I believe 10000 annual credits costs around $650. [Plus a housekeeping token which could cost as much as $85]

Maybe someone who owns Worldmark credits can correct me on that if I am wrong. If you are a Wyndham owner, the Wyndham 2 BR units during prime season are 164000 points. 164k costs between $800 and $900, depending on how much you pay per 1000 points. Although that is the full price. Wyndham hasn't had those unit durring a full prime season. They have only had the units since January. And they have been offering between 25 and 40 percent point discounts, which makes the cost close to and sometime less than Worldmark.
So,the long answer is: it depends

Averaging 800 and 900 to 850 and comparing to 650 I get 850/650 = 130%

30% more is significant not somewhat in my budget

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Avenue Plaza, is there any difference in the units between the 4 different types of ownerships.

there is one unit in Avenue Plaza that is smaller than the others, and its in Worldmark. They call it a studio hotel and charge less for it than the other studios

There is no difference in the rooms, one ownership to the others, but there are several bed configurations. Some studios have one queen bed, some have one king bed and some have two queens. Also there are some suites that are handicap accessible. Worldmark has most of the handicap suites

My biggest complaint about this place is you cant specify the bed configuration when you make your reservation, You have to request it at the front desk, and there are no guarantees. I advise my guests to pack an air mattress or two if they have to have two queens, just in case they dont get the two queens they need. Having said that they have always been able to honor my requests

The other difference is that they put a spice packet in the Worldmark rooms

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not withstanding a VIP discount, the maintenance fees associated with a Wyndham stay will be always more than a Worldmark stay at a shared resort.

Worldmark has Housekeeping tokens; Wyndham has Housekeeping credits but most Wyndham owners for full 7 night stays only (no split reservations) do not have to pay extra for HKs.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
... I take annual vacations in Florida in February and wonder if having a deeded property there would be an advantage to locking in a set week/location.

Regards

Wyndhams in Pompano Beach, FL do have fixed weeks for Palm Aire, Sea Gardens, and Santa Barbara --- none for Royal Vista. You can only buy UDI points in Club Wyndham Plus at Royal Vista.

Fixed Weeks can ONLY be found on the resale market - any deeds the HOAs (foreclousers) or Wyndham sales takes in trade seem to be going into Club Wyndham Access.

I owned both UDI points at Royal Vista & Ocean Walk (neither are in CWA) and fixed weeks (some converted) at both Sea Gardens and Santa Barbara.

There is also another - to me - very acceptable resort known as the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort - trades in both II and RCI, fixed week, RCI points. Has 2/2 lockouts and 1/1 or 1/1.5. The 1/1 are all on the oceanside of the building with higher floors have great views. All 1/1 sleep 6 persons as the LRs all have both a sleep sofa and a murphy bed. All bdrs hold a KING only.

CraigWMF

Reaction score
What made me choose WorldMark is that I have always worked in the Western States and my retirement plans have always been for the Western States. So WM has worked out to be really good for me. :)

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Worldmark has Housekeeping tokens; Wyndham has Housekeeping credits but most Wyndham owners for full 7 night stays only (no split reservations) do not have to pay extra for HKs.

WM owners who only do 7-night stays in red do not have to pay for HK either. There is a free HK token for each account up to 20K credits, 2 free tokens for accounts at 20K, and 1 additional one for each 10K owned above 20K.

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
WM owners who only do 7-night stays in red do not have to pay for HK either. There is a free HK token for each account up to 20K credits, 2 free tokens for accounts at 20K, and 1 additional one for each 10K owned above 20K.

LLW, you are technically, yet credit and HKT has been generally rented and priced separately.
plus, 10K is not enough for an ave week stay at many resorts lately :deadhorse:

Ron, you forgot to price in the cost of HKT for WM stay in your analysis. JMO, $65 is a good ave # to use. 5.5 is low end of ongoing price range for credit alone.

to OP, WM is more flexible than Wyndham with slight higher entry cost. Well, you may recover it more or less later on. And it seems you wont have a problem to unload WM contract in near future. It is no brainer to pick WM if you travel west. The only merit favors Wyn is plat VIP, which was not transferrable.

Younited

Reaction score
Hi, I am in California and last week Wednesday 4th Oct i attended the timeshare presentation and signed the contract. I really regret and don't know how i can get out of this.

i have read a lot of forums on this and most of them say to see the rescind clause on the contract. I didnt get a hard copy of the contract and was supposed to be email by Doc Sign.

I have requested the representative to send it to me but i am definitely out of Time.

How can i get out of this?? Please help

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi, I am in California and last week Wednesday 4th Oct i attended the timeshare presentation and signed the contract. I really regret and don't know how i can get out of this.

i have read a lot of forums on this and most of them say to see the rescind clause on the contract. I didnt get a hard copy of the contract and was supposed to be email by Doc Sign.

I have requested the representative to send it to me but i am definitely out of Time.

How can i get out of this?? Please help
Where did you sign? Were you in California when you signed?

Reaction score
Like I responded to your original post, you're stuck with it, California timeshare rescission period is 7 days. But, you can consult an attorney, seeing as how you don't have a hard copy or the DocuSign. Chances are low that you will get out of it. DO NOT talk to a timeshare exit company, 100% of them will take your money and do nothing.

TS