• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORVN Question

GR81

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the overnight flights out of Maui to the mainland, does WKORVN have available (like WPORV) a courtesy suite that can be reserved to in order to cleanup before heading to the airport? Only reservable the day of use? Cost?

Thanks for your feedback

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They have a late departure lounge and I think it's free

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
The departure lounge is located in the basement of building 2 and is indeed free. You use the showers and lockers of the exercise room. There are no private suites that you can reserve. This area is shared between WKORV and WKORVN.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Lately, we've been flying home the night before instead of check-out day because 10am is so inconvenient a check-out time. With flights leaving at 9 and 10pm, you're not really losing much.

If you don't want to do this, check-out day would be a great time to rent a cabana for the day. You can take your non-valuables to the rental car in the morning, and put all your valuables in a carry-on in the cabana so you're not leaving it exposed in the common area.

The showers are great, but the showers get pretty crowded around 2pm, so just keep this in mind.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can also check you suitcases with non-valuables with the bell desk until you leave.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with Lisarex. We won a voucher for a day in a cabana at the island orientation talk, and used it for our last day in WPORV. It worked out great - it was such a relaxing way to prep for our long flight home that night!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You can also check you suitcases with non-valuables with the bell desk until you leave.
You COULD leaver your valuables with them too :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wouldn't - I have had my suitcase completely emptied out and searched at a large hotel when the bell hop had it. Not the Westin, but it made me cautious.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
You can lock your bags at the resort, you just have to unlock them for the airport.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
You can, and should, lock your checked bags with TSA accessible locks. Carry ons only have to be opened to remove laptops, clear bag of liquids, or if they want to peek inside. But then there's still the question they always ask, "Have your bags been out of your sight or possession since you packed them?"

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
we like to take the night flights out too so we check out the night before our condo needs to be vacated. this is such a nice way to do it and allows for a very calm last day, showers, naps, packing and dinner then head out around 9 PM. all you really give up is chaos

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
The departure lounge is located in the basement of building 2 and is indeed free. You use the showers and lockers of the exercise room. There are no private suites that you can reserve. This area is shared between WKORV and WKORVN.
We used that lounge last summer and they even gave us cards to get beach towels...it was great....