• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV vs. WKORV-N vs. Nanea

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Has anyone run a comparison of all three properties yet? I know that Nanea isn't open yet, but booking windows are now open. We are going to be trying for a StarOption reservation for early December in the next couple months and really would like to know what which resort might be best. We will only have enough points for a 2 night reservation in a 1BR and 5 nights in a 2BR. We don't mind switching resorts since we will have to change rooms anyway. We won't be booking ocean front, so what properties would be best for our reservations? There will four adults (two couples) traveling. How are the bedrooms setup in each of the properties, king in the master and king in the studios of the lock offs? What about Nanea, I think they are all 2BR dedicated units. How is the second bedroom at those setup? What are the lanais like between the different properties?

If there is already a thread or post somewhere on this, please point me to it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Floor plans: https://www.vistana.com/destination...n-villas/villas/100#one-bedroom-premium-villa

My #1 focus is location - location - location.

WKORV-North and Nanea have no parking lot views.

With a WKORV Staroption reservation, you could end up in Bldg. 4, facing the parking lot.

I like my privacy, so I would prefer WKORV-North with 2 couples, because you can key each side of the unit separately, and and also add each couples' credit card separately.

Lanais:
WKORV: one - on 1-bedroom side only
WKORV-N: two - one one each side of lock-off
Nanea - one - on living room

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WKORVN

No info on Nanea yet, but these are not Lockoffs - so you will have a 2Bd villa (or 1Bd). This will mean that you will be sharing the villa vs. having separation from each other. With WKORV/N somebody will get the studio side - they both have King beds. Nanea is not just 2Bd villas - it has 3Bd, 2Bd, and 1Bd villas. As they are not open yet - no one is going to be able to tell you much about them.

If you are into snorkeling - WKORV/N has a great reef out front. Nanea if you like wave action.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks. I am still new to the whole Vistana website and didn't think to checkout the floorplans there. I do like the floorplan of the WKORV-N. It has a little extra living space in the studio side where the 2BR at Nanea doesn't. Seems to have a bigger lanai. Privacy isn't so much an issue for us. I think we will try for a 1BR at Nanea and a 2BR at WKORV-N

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There has been very little 1 bdm. availability at Nanea, so if you can't get it right at the 8 mo. mark, I wouldn't wait - I'd grab WKORV-N instead.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There has been very little 1 bdm. availability at Nanea, so if you can't get it right at the 8 mo. mark, I wouldn't wait - I'd grab WKORV-N instead.
Thanks. Sounds like a plan. Only issue I have is I may have to borrow points from next year, though probably not for the two night reservation. Hopefully the week we currently have in the closing process gets transferred on time, if so, we will be able to try to book everything at midnight, if we have to borrow we will have to call at 9:00am to try for the reservation.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have to borrow SO's, pay the MF well in advance, so it doesn't slow down the reservation process. You don't want to have to pay it before the Rep. processes the reservation.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are very few 1 BR units at Nanea (49 of 390 units). I don't know how many of those are going to be ready this year.

For two couples, I think having a lanai for the studio side would be nice. I'd go for WKORV-N.

WKORV and WKORV-N are sister resorts. Nanea is significantly further away.

I tend to like the beaches at WKORV/N better, as well as further south by Kahekili/Airport Beach park.

However, all are nice, and I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you can't get one or the other, whatever is available will still have you in Maui in one of the nicest places on the island.