• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg Plantation trading

brentw52

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm curious if anyone has any experience with trading this resort? Im considering buying a 4 bedroom and trading as two 2 beds. We are retired so are pretty flexible for travel dates and don't expect to get a Westin in Maui but nicer resorts on the west coast or a decent resort in Hawaii in November kind of thing.
Thanks

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
We had a 2br. floating week that traded well, but we always called early and reserved a great trading week (usually July 4)

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
That week I had traded with II, not sure if all of the weeks there trade with II.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because you are retired, I think this is a pretty good place to use as a trader. I have it myself, and when I cant use it and need to trade it, I've gotten what I consider to be decent trades. For maximum benefit, consider getting a summer fixed week, not a floating week. If you do get a floating week, only the summer is high season in Williamsburg, and therefore the best to use to trade. Also, you can use SFX as well as II as exchange companies.

Last edited:

brentw52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because you are retired, I think this is a pretty good place to use as a trader. I have it myself, and when I cant use it and need to trade it, I've gotten what I consider to be decent trades. For maximum benefit, consider getting a summer fixed week, not a floating week. If you do get a floating week, only the summer is high season in Williamsburg, and therefore the best to use to trade. Also, you can use SFX as well as II as exchange companies.

brentw52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
The week I was looking at was week 20, so probably not a prime week.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I would not buy a non summer week or a 1-52 float. I would only buy a 1-52 float if you are willing to pay the MF at the time of booking and reserve at least 12 months before the summer month you want to reserve.

Suzanne K

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Williamsburg Plantation, Grandview Las Vegas
Hi Brent, We have two bi-annual weeks at Williamsburg Plantation, an even year week 24 and an odd year week 22. Both have traded well, we have traded for Key West, Hilton Head, and a couple timeshares on the California coast and wine country area. We have more timeshares than we need (especially that we now have a vacation home in South Carolina) and were thinking of selling or even giving away one of these weeks (probably the week 22). Both are 4 bedroom lock-offs (two two-bedroom units), so you can get two trades from them (or, trade one and use the other 2 bedroom yourself). We have had big family vacations using all four bedrooms! Would you be interested in our Week 22? You could have it for whatever the transfer costs are.

Suzanne K

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Brent, We have two bi-annual weeks at Williamsburg Plantation, an even year week 24 and an odd year week 22. Both have traded well, we have traded for Key West, Hilton Head, and a couple timeshares on the California coast and wine country area. We have more timeshares than we need (especially that we now have a vacation home in South Carolina) and were thinking of selling or even giving away one of these weeks (probably the week 22). Both are 4 bedroom lock-offs (two two-bedroom units), so you can get two trades from them (or, trade one and use the other 2 bedroom yourself). We have had big family vacations using all four bedrooms! Would you be interested in our Week 22? You could have it for whatever the transfer costs are.

Suzanne K

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just checked our account, and the above trades (plus New Orleans) were all made with 2-bedroom lockoffs of our 4-bedroom week 22 at Williamsburg Plantation. The week 24 we have either used ourselves or rented to friends.

brentw52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Suzanne, after a lot of thought we have decided to wait awhile and make sure life without a paycheck every two weeks shakes out as well as we expect it to. So no new financial responsibilities for a bit. :)

kshell18

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not buy a non summer week or a 1-52 float. I would only buy a 1-52 float if you are willing to pay the MF at the time of booking and reserve at least 12 months before the summer month you want to reserve.
I was actually wondering how the 1-52 float weeks work. I understand that you have to pay the MF when you reserve your week but how far in advance can you do that? I can see the benefit of not always being stuck having to go in the summer, but I was wondering how hard it would be to actually get a week that works for you. Also, if you decide you want to exchange one part of the lockoff, do you just reserve the same week for both sides, use one yourself, and exchange the other side?
Edited to add: I know you can deposit both sides of a lockoff separately and exchange for 2 weeks, but can you deposit them together to exchange for 1 week in a larger room?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
it's probably 24 months in advance although possibly 12. If it is 24 and it is similar to the Summit at Massanutten, then for the 4th of July week you probably need to reserve 28-24 months in advance and for most prime summer weeks 13-11 months in advance. If the window is 12 months you probably have to be prepared to reserve the day the booking window opens if you want a prime week.