TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Will i be able to stay at The District Club by Hilton Club in DC

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Sergio, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Sergio

Sergio Guest

Resorts Owned:
    None
    Im in the process of buying a resale timeshare at the Las Vegas in the Boulevard, and i wonder if I'll be able to make reservations at this Hotel which is set to open sometime this year. Any of you buy a resale and then try to make reservations at a new resort after you purchased.

2. brp

brp TUG Member

I don't recall the rules for the new clubs. But, as with other locations, resale has nothing to do with the access rules.

Cheers.

Sergio likes this.
  3. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR Falls, GPR Seapointe, HGVC Lagoon, HGVC King's Land.
    We lowly HGVC owners can only book 44 days prior to checkout date. No open season for us, but it can also be booked on the hilton dot com hotel web site.

[​IMG]

and you have to call in, no online booking.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Nomad420

Nomad420 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC New York Mid Town
    This may be a stupid question but I have been confused about this. I am looking at booking here this summer as well. I am a "Hilton Club" member at NYC. So looking at the information you provided (thank you) it looks like I have a slightly extended window to 59 days, is that correct???

5. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Don't H-C members get a special phone # to call.
    You'd prolly get a more informed answer from them than us, the lowly HGVC members.

6. Nomad420

Nomad420 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC New York Mid Town
    LOL, I called the "special" number today to book a future reservation and got the same people the "lowly HGVC" members get. In fact they were mildly confused about what to do with me..... My brother is HGVC, I will have to get on him about his "lowly" status...LOL

7. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Well that's too bad about the 44 day window. oh well, I'll just use VRBO instead. I have a feeling this may be Hilton's new modus operandi. Convert some floors of hotels, make 'em only really accessible for owners. Good strategy though.

8. Helios

Helios TUG Member

if HGVC is separate from Hilton now, how can this approach continue?

9. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land
    At first glance this seems problematic, but after thinking about it some more i dont think the split into three companies will negativly impact the expansion of new urban locations. Most of the new HGVC locations are being developed by 3rd parties, with HGVC handling the resort managment and sales of the units. That reduces the capital HGVC has to front for the development.

They can easily use the same approch for the various uban "Hilton Club" locations. Chances are the hotels under consideration are owned by the new REIT that Hilton spun off, so they work with them to develope a few floors as Timshares in popular cities.

10. Helios

Helios TUG Member

OK, didn't know the spin off included hotels. That makes sense. This is similar to what Starwood is doing now.

11. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land
    Yes, it was a 3-way split, Most of the hotels / real-estate went to a new publicaly traded REIT, HGVC split off to its own, and original comapny is pretty much just hotel managment and marketing.

12. Helios

Helios TUG Member

Interesting, thanks for sharing

13. jwayne

jwayne TUG Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  14. Nomad420

Nomad420 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC New York Mid Town
    I am still somewhat confused about HGVC and it affiliation with "Hilton Club". I purchase last November and was lead to believe I was a HGVC member but when I went to make my first reservation under HGVC I was redirected (for better or for worse) to Hilton Club. I was actually corrected when I stated initially that I was an HGVC member and told that I actually was not which needless to say was a bit of surprise. I think the confusion revolved around my initially negotiating a purchase at 57th Street and then actually buying at the "Hilton Club" location on 6th Ave. Are not the "newer & nicer" locations all under the HGVC flag now??

15. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SVR Falls, GPR Seapointe, HGVC Lagoon, HGVC King's Land.
    If you purchased at Hilton Club on 6th Ave you are a member of Hilton Club, not Hilton Grand Vacations Club. You pay higher annual membership fee and a separate number to call for reservations.

Hilton Club Reservation Services:888-852-2582 U.S. and Canada 407-722-3700 Worldwide

You can use the points assigned to stay at HGVC locations as well as the Club locations.

Hilton Club is based in hotel locations in large metropolitan cities. Right now NYC and WDC but they are adding more locations like London. Both clubs are adding new locations.

I think of Hilton Club as owning a hotel suite rather than a HGVC resort suite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk