• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is taking a Summer Vacation this year?

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Comings/Goings

Harder to plan trips until my wife decides to retire but I did talk her into at least take 6 weeks vacation this year so it started 3 weeks ago. We took our granddaughter and did a week at Bass Lake/Yosimite.
Yesterday we came back from Lawrence Welk/Escondido which we invited our best friends and spent the week exploring in and around San Diego. Those were our drive to vacations.
We will be flying out to Minnisota and Wisconsion for a week to try to connect with relatives that my wife last saw about 45 years ago.
At the end of summer we are flying to Idaho and Glacier for another two weeks.
Bart

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a June week in NH (Suites at Attitash) with 4 other families. Great vacation as the kids all play together and the adults actually have a bit of adult time. Then back to NH in August at Pollard Brook.

Want to do few nights at Old Orchid Beach in Maine, but that will be OOP if we can find something on the beach and reasonable cost. That is the problem with TS....I always to cheap to pay OOP for things now!

This morning just scored the week between Christmas and New Years at Pollard Brook also!

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Off to Maine (Acadia Village) in June and September. Nothing else scheduled, but if something comes up we might go in the real summer. Usually we try to go in shoulder season when it's less crowded and kids are in school, with the exception of the White Mountains.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 weeks in hawaii (1 week each at big island, Oahu and Maui) in June, Atlantis in July and 1 week at Orlando follow by another week in Hilton head in august. If not for timeshares, we would never be able to afford to get away so much.

ldzierzanowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Off to Maui next week with the wife. Hoping to check out the site for the new HGVC property while I'm there. Then we are taking the kids to check out the Marriott property on St Thomas in the fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Imagine: All the People wearing their TUG Shirts or having a Tug Banner photo at all these wonderful timeshares? Will be taking both with me on my summer vacations!
Everyone, have a great time, share photos and reviews with us. Virtual Timesharing is fun too!
Silentg

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Leaving mid week

We're checking into Brewster Green on Cape Cod late next week staying a week then into Smuggler's Notch for a week...that is IF my 93 year old mother, who fell and had surgery on her elbow and just got out of rehab, does well on the trip and we don't turn around and go back home.

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bolton Valley next Friday. Our daughter lives there, and she's in labor today!!-with their third child. So, we're going to stay there so we can walk over to their condo and spend time with the older 2 kids, and get in some bonding with the new grandchild.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Bolton Valley next Friday. Our daughter lives there, and she's in labor today!!-with their third child. So, we're going to stay there so we can walk over to their condo and spend time with the older 2 kids, and get in some bonding with the new grandchild.
Congratulations!:banana:

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Grand Vacation Club in Honolulu for 2 weeks, then Marriott's Maui Ocean Club for 4 weeks.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation

We spent Memorial Day Weekend at Bentley Brook in MA and plan to go back to nashville to celebrate y moms 80th birthday this summer. We love our Wyndham Resorts.

kparam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curacao, New Orleans, Angel Fire

We just returned from a week in Curacao (owners at Royal Sea Aquarium) where we took our grown son and his wife. I love the tranquility of Curacao as well as snorkeling (previously were divers).

Next week, we are going to New Orleans (owners at The Quarter House). There will be just the two of us in a large penthouse. It will be nice having the whole thing to ourselves.

Late summer we will go to a condo we own in Angel Fire, New Mexico. It will be nice to get away from the Texas summer heat.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a summer vacation! My wife and daughter are going to Europe, and I am vacationing in my house after work each day for 5 weeks! :banana:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I'm taking a summer vacation! My wife and daughter are going to Europe, and I am vacationing in my house after work each day for 5 weeks! :banana:
That's sound like an awesome vacation! When these squatters I birthed move out, everyday will be like a vacation... until I start missing them.

Bernie8245

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Branson Memorial Day week and are going to Little Sweden resort in Fish Creek, Wisconsin over 4th of July for a week. Normally we do most of our timeshare travels in the off season but when I saw a Door County week available in II for 4th of July, I couldn't pass it up.
Bernie

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have an extended family trip planned for mid/late August. 3 generations with 12 people going to Tennessee. Stopping in Cleveland to see the Rock in Roll HoF (1 night). 3 nights at Wyndham Great Smokies Lodge and 4 nights in Nashville.

Looking forward to it....could use a vacay right now!

Have Labour day weekend at Smuggs in Vermont as well.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Heading up to Traverse City for the Cherry Festival and I'm so excited?.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Two weeks from today we fly to NYC for two days before boarding a cruise ship to Bermuda. In August we'll visit our timeshare in Cabo and family in Texas.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I already spent two weeks at the beach in California. Got two more weeks coming this Summer too.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summer Vacation

We had a very nice time at the Cape staying at Brewster Green though it was still a bit cold and rainy though we went two weeks later than last year.

Don't jump on me, but I have to say that for three seniors we just didn't get Smuggler's Notch in early June. Lovely driving through the Notch. But Smuggs is so dated and what's with the dirt roads? They made for a very muddy car in the rain. There wasn't much to Stowe. We LOVED Burlington, VT. As well as the museum at Shelburne! But we won't be going back. Once is more than enough. We actually left a day early.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Memorial Week- Marriott Ocean Pointe, Palm Beach, FL

July 4th Week- Marriott Grande Vista, Orlando, FL

Week before Labor Day- Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

:banana:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think I'll spend the summer in/near Las Vegas :whoopie::whoopie::whoopie:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We had a very nice time at the Cape staying at Brewster Green though it was still a bit cold and rainy though we went two weeks later than last year.

Don't jump on me, but I have to say that for three seniors we just didn't get Smuggler's Notch in early June. Lovely driving through the Notch. But Smuggs is so dated and what's with the dirt roads? They made for a very muddy car in the rain. There wasn't much to Stowe. We LOVED Burlington, VT. As well as the museum at Shelburne! But we won't be going back. Once is more than enough. We actually left a day early.

I actually slightly preferred NH to VT for my Northern US vacation. My now 11 year old son, now 14 can't wait until our 1 in 4 is up and can go to Smuggs next year again. The Hill communities are much nicer and newer than the Village communities. We enjoyed the ferry over Lake Champlain to get to Smuggs and Burlington as well. We also did Ben and Jerry's, Cobot cheese, apple orchard, and a Maple syrup educational stop (not active in the summer but they showed how the equipment and process worked. I wish it was 6 hrs instead of 11 hours away.

So this summer we spent opening weekend in Ocean City, MD. We have a week in Kill Devil Hills- OBX, NC in July. A week at Massanutten at the end of July and a week in Deep Creek Lake, MD in August. We also have to fit in trips to visit 2 sets of grandparents in NY and WV. At least everything this summer is within a 3-6 hour driving range from our home in almost all directions.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually slightly preferred NH to VT for my Northern US vacation. My now 11 year old son, now 14 can't wait until our 1 in 4 is up and can go to Smuggs next year again. The Hill communities are much nicer and newer than the Village communities. We enjoyed the ferry over Lake Champlain to get to Smuggs and Burlington as well. We also did Ben and Jerry's, Cobot cheese, apple orchard, and a Maple syrup educational stop (not active in the summer but they showed how the equipment and process worked. I wish it was 6 hrs instead of 11 hours away.

So this summer we spent opening weekend in Ocean City, MD. We have a week in Kill Devil Hills- OBX, NC in July. A week at Massanutten at the end of July and a week in Deep Creek Lake, MD in August. We also have to fit in trips to visit 2 sets of grandparents in NY and WV. At least everything this summer is within a 3-6 hour driving range from our home in almost all directions.

We were in Aspen at the top of the hill. We rode the ferry across Lake Champlain into NY when we were leaving on our way down to PA. That was very nice. We toured Ben and Jerry's, visited the Cabot Cheese store and bought Maple Syrup. Lake Champlain Chocolate is wonderful!!! Visited two wineries.

I get why people with kids would like Smuggs in the summer for their programs. But it wasn't for us. Brewster Green is dated too but the Cape is more to our liking. Our unit at Aspens wasn't bad except for broken down old upholstered chairs, squeaking floors and ants. But the hallway and elevator floors (carpet) were in terrible condition and the wallpaper must be from the eighties.