• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which way do you face in the shower???

Which way do you face in the shower?

• Nozzle Facers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Face Away

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Spinners

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I like to wash and rinse both sides, so I guess that makes me a spinner.

How do you wash and rinse your back and hair, if you only face forward? :shrug:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I chose back to showerhead, but like Denise, I turn around for rinsing. Kind of confusing as I think most people would turn, but I guess I spend more time with my back to the shower.:shrug:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The house I grew up in only had a tub; no shower. When my Mom wanted me to learn how to turn around, she put me in the tub face down. It worked for me.

Does that make me a spinner?

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be about the weirdest poll EVER conducted on TUG!

But include me in the group that faces the showerhead to wash the front, and away from it to rinse off the hindermost parts. Spin away and be gone, O filth of the Earth! :)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The house I grew up in only had a tub; no shower. When my Mom wanted me to learn how to turn around, she put me in the tub face down. It worked for me.

Does that make me a spinner?

Maybe. It does explain your preoccupation regarding the reaction of 2 molecules hydrogen and one molecule of oxygen. :D

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Realistically, I suppose it depends on how high up the shower head is. If the spray is going to likely drown me, I'll turn around. If it hits me at chest-height, I may/may not face it. Depends on my mood, the temperature of the water, how "awake" I am at the time, and whatever else, I may feel like facing or turning away from the spray. If I have to choose one of these answers, I'm a spinner, I suppose. Sometimes I do all three in the same showering session. And shocking as it may sound, we won't discuss what all I have to do when I'm shaving my face. Yes, truth be told, I shave my face, braille-method, in the shower, not standing in front of a foggy mirror. I've done it for so many years, I don't need no stinking mirror... ;)

All those years aboard Navy ships taught me to appreciate a good shower - temperature, water volume, the space in the shower stall - all of it. Fresh water aboard ships is manufactured by evaporating sea water, which takes out the salt, leaving a bland, kind of wimpy fresh water - which is never in good enough supply. As a result, Navy showers are very brief "turn on the water and get wet, turn off the water and lather up, turn on the water to rinse off, get out" kind of things. The very worst: Some ships even had small, handheld shower nozzles on a too-short hose, where you had to hold in a button with one hand to make the water happen, while trying to take care of everything else with the other hand. Let go of the button and the water stopped. Where's the fun in that?

After everyone has answered this pressing showering question, let's explore the biggest unanswered questions I've ever heard. The fate of the planet may rest on the answers to this one: How do you put on your shoes and socks? Both socks first, then shoes? One sock and one shoe on one foot, then switch to the other foot? Do you do left foot or right foot first? Why do you do it that way? Why not the other way around? How do you know you've done it the right way? :eek:

Dave

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My back's to the shower, mostly, as it would spray my face and tenderize my tummy.
... I turn to face it just to rinse.

Also, I put socks on both feet, first - not sure which one first.
Otherwise, I'd have to find a place for sock #2 and forget where I put it.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
How do you put on your shoes and socks? Both socks first, then shoes? One sock and one shoe on one foot, then switch to the other foot? Do you do left foot or right foot first? Why do you do it that way? Why not the other way around? How do you know you've done it the right way? :eek:
Both socks first; generally right then left.
  • Why Right then Left? Short answer: to avoid pain. (My right hip stretches farther and more easily. The left has always given me some trouble so I have to "work up to it" before asking to reach my left foot.)
  • Why socks before shoes? Because my boots live outside on the stoop. Socks go on while I'm still inside ... then I can mess with boots outside. (Outside of boots, most of my other footwear are sandals and I'm not the type to wear socks w/ sandals unless I'm between boot activities.)
  • How do I know I've done it the right way? Well ... if I've done it wrong I find myself in the horses' paddock wearing flip-flops. Don't you know that flip-flops are a type of magnet for horse's hooves? Yep, they never step on your feet if you are wearing proper footwear ... but sandals, especially flops, seem to attract accidents. Oy. Ouch!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How do you put on your shoes and socks? Both socks first, then shoes? One sock and one shoe on one foot, then switch to the other foot? Do you do left foot or right foot first? Why do you do it that way? Why not the other way around? How do you know you've done it the right way? :eek:

Dave
Depends on how hungover I am. Some mornings I'm more concerned with other parts of my body, and if I get anything at all on my feet I'm content with that.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I leave my shoes for walking outside by the door I enter the house in. Dirty shoes do not need to grunge up my rugs. And my shoes are never in my bedroom getting street dirt in or on my bed by transferring shoes, to rug, to bare feet, to in between my sheets.

I have good slippers to walk around the house ... they are near the door .. and never go outside.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
After everyone has answered this pressing showering question, let's explore the biggest unanswered questions I've ever heard. The fate of the planet may rest on the answers to this one: How do you put on your shoes and socks? Both socks first, then shoes? One sock and one shoe on one foot, then switch to the other foot? Do you do left foot or right foot first? Why do you do it that way? Why not the other way around? How do you know you've done it the right way? :eek:

Dave
I don't have a set way. Some days I'll put both socks on first, then my shoes. Other days I'll put on the sock, then the shoe on one foot, then do the other. No reason. Oh wait, I think the reason is, do I have both shoes and socks with me, or just my socks. I don't even know if I do one foot first consistently. Now you'll make me pay more attention. o_O

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Interesting post I am a spinner.
Another question which timeshare has the best/worse shower?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I have actually pondered this. :eek:

Me? Right sock, then left sock. Left shoe, then right shoe. If I do it any other order, it really throws me off.

What does that mean? :ponder:

Kurt :D

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
How do you put on your shoes and socks?

I knew this question reminded me of something... it just took me a while to remember what it was.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like always, it depends...

Spinner usually. But, face away in the basement bathroom where have spray nozzles on the walls in addition to the shower head.:cool:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I knew this question reminded me of something... it just took me a while to remember what it was.

Exactly who and what I was thinking when I wrote it. Good catch! :thumbup:

Dave

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I do not put my socks on in the shower:cool:

Cheers

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
Definitely a spinner. Not sure how you would get yourself rinsed, soaped / shampooed and then rinsed again any other way? (Assuming you wash all parts of your body). I also shave in the shower. I had a fog proof mirror for years but can do it without a mirror easily now. Also, sock, sock, shoe, shoe usually but it varies.

Next stupid question to ponder: What about toilet paper? Unroll from the top or bottom?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I face away. I very rarely have to turn toward the water to rinse my short hair. And when I do I find myself claustrophobic and gasping for breath. I can briefly hold my upright face under the stream to wash soap off, but dropping my head lower so that water is cascading over my head and forward toward my mouth and nose freaks me out.