*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Which Beachfront timeshare in Northern Florida?

Discussion in 'US - Florida Timesharing' started by dixie, Jun 26, 2010.

1. dixie

dixie TUG Member

I am looking for timeshares in the Destin area or even in Alabama. Not familiar with this area and the timeshares there. Would like white sand and clear water. Preferably with a pool that overlooks the beach. Anyone know of any that have at least a 2 bedroom?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    OP changed search area of Florida - deleted my reply.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  3. dixie

dixie TUG Member

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for timeshares in the Destin area or even in Alabama. As you can tell, I am not familiar with the area, and have heard it was beautiful. We would be driving from Texas. I tried to edit my post, but it would not let me change the title to the area I was hoping to find out about:(!

4. Nancy

Nancy TUG Member

When do you want to go? Right now these beaches are being hit from the oil spill in the gulf and white sandy beaches are not guaranteed.

Nancy

5. dixie

dixie TUG Member

Yes, I know about the oil spill. Hopefully the oil spill will only affect this year.
    We are wanting to know which resorts in the Destin/ Gulf shores region are the best. We have not been to a timeshare in this area and thought if we could drive to a pretty beach, our Son's family would join us more often.

6. Bigbird130

Bigbird130 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Beachfront Timeshare in Northern Florida

I own at Holiday Beach Resort in Destin and it is right on the beach.
    You may have trouble getting a 2 bedroom with a beach view but give them a call
    So far there hasn't been a oil spill problem according to the Destin City website:)

7. ronandjoan

ronandjoan TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Smoky Mts, Telemark Apple Pointe, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club
    when are you planning to go,?

we like the Wyndham Beach Cottages, they are not ocean front, but right across the street and are very cozy - they are 1 BD but also with bunk beds.
    some people like Majestic Sun, with ocean views.I prefer the smaller resort

8. Hophop4

Hophop4 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
    Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
    Isn't Majestic Sun across the street from the beach but since it is high rise most likely has ocean views.

We are in Panama City Beach right now. I am sitting in the living room looking right out the patio watching the waves in the gulf. No sight of any oil or tar balls so far.

9. Don

Don TUG Member

We just got back from the Wyndham at Panama City Beach. I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this time. The units were nice, but the event coordination was lousy. Every excursion was cancelled. At the last minute, the welcome breakfast was changed into a fruit, cheese and cracker get together. Event coordination needs a lot of work.
    Check in is across the street and the unpacking lane in front is a single lane, so you have to wait your turn. This is for both unpacking and exiting if you are behind slower people. They do have valets for parking, packing and unpacking.
    The Sky Bar crosses the street on the 3rd floor (mezzanine level). It connects the rooms to the office and parking garage. There is not a direct elevator stop to it from the rooms. You either go to the third floor and climb a short flight of stairs; or go to the lobby level, cross the lobby and take the elevator on the other side.
    Our unit had a master bedroom, two bunk beds and a pull out couch. Unfortunately, it had only one entrance into the bathroom. It was in the bedroom. If we had friends with us, we could have kissed privacy goodbye if they needed middle of the night bathroom visits.
    The place has a lot of potential, but needs a lot of work. Mainly with Wyndham management.