• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where Do TUG Renters Get All Of Their Inventory?

luckyguy101

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rented three consecutive weeks at The Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort from a TUG member back in July. The guest certificates were issued by TPI, and they worked flawlessly. Interestingly, I have noticed that this same individual has posted no fewer than nine more rental ads (for listings all over the US and Mexico) since September the 13th. While I have absolutely no reason to suspect that this TUG member is doing anything illegal or inappropriate, I can't help but be extremely curious about where he accesses his seemingly inexhaustable supply of rental units.
Anyone have any thoughts about how someone manages to continue offering such an astounding array of rental timeshares in such a relatively short period of time?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is he a Wyndham VIP mega-renter? Although I wouldn't understand how TPI guest certs fit into the picture.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
TPI is both an exchange company and a management company (or sister company is). I know they manage Island Park Village. But if the resort weeks are wyndham then TPI would not be the management company. So either it is excesss inventory that TPI and Wyndham swapped or ...

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could also be a PCC rep renting soon to be expiring inventory.

TPI I think has a more liberal deposit policy than some other exchange companies, closer to use time.

To test this speculation how far out were the rentals offered.

luckyguy101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Mark,
They all appeared in the "Rentals Offered" section, so no more than 45 days out.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
TPI is both an exchange company and a management company (or sister company is). I know they manage Island Park Village. But if the resort weeks are wyndham then TPI would not be the management company. So either it is excesss inventory that TPI and Wyndham swapped or ...

If it is a Wyndham owner with points based at one of several of their Hawaii resorts, then TPI can be used if depositing Hawaii. Part of a developer incentive program offered by TPI for Wyndham Hawaii sales.

RichH1

Reaction score
Could also be a PCC rep renting soon to be expiring inventory.

TPI I think has a more liberal deposit policy than some other exchange companies, closer to use time.

To test this speculation how far out were the rentals offered.

Ditto here.
These days, pcc companies are getting smart and they are using TUG as an information source.
I have rented through TUG last minute rental forum before, and he was an employee of pcc who had tons of wyndham points to use.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
so how is nine a "seemingly inexhaustable supply of rental units" ?

As to how one would acquire that many points, just visit ebay, there are several auctions going on right now for over a million points each.

the better question is ..how can they profit renting in the TUG bargain forums for under $100 a night? My best guess is that they have rented a lot more than the nine you saw for a lot more money and they are just cleaning their account out as we get closer to the end of the year

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Note that some PCCs never plan to pay one thin dime on the deeds they hold while they hold them. They get assigned to a shell company, and that company is bankrupted after any value has been extracted. So, that $100 is just pure gravy.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, perhaps these could be idle weeks on transient inventory. They are renting weeks in current use year while they are selling or have sold the week with next year as first use to the buyer. They would make money coming and going.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there are loads of II getaways listed on eBay prior to even being booked. They aren't being shy about it. One right now lists $400 at MGV with a date range of Sep - Dec. The details say to email for availability and prices. They have to be taking the money, booking the II getaway, then providing the guest certificate.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Some point systems allow a single membership to purchase as many points as they want from other members.

Bill

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the how PCCs fit into rental picture and had a couple questions.

Looking at some of the ads such as CJ they state no reservations during closing period. I figured this was due to avoiding more work, having to contact original owner and hassle if deal fell through.

As I understand it, PCC guy in return for your paying his ransom will have you sign a limited power of attorney giving him right to sell your TS but there is no legal redeeding at this time. Definitely he does not pay $299 to have reservations system put in his name.

So, how can he make a reservation and rent it out?

I guess he could get original owner to give him user ID and password and go on line and book. But would there be a problem when name on CC did not match name on account when he went to pay for guest certificate. And, wouldn't the reservation etc. go to original owner?

Since it looks like 45 days out when he does, there is no hot inventory to book. As I read Ron the good stuff goes at 10 month mark and then at 60 day mark EH steals what is left and VIP discounts kick in.

Renting II get-a-ways is
a hanging offense.

Wyndham no longer allows members to transfer points.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
PCC guy in return for your paying his ransom will have you sign a limited power of attorney giving him right to sell your TS but there is no legal redeeding at this time.
I've bought from one that appeared to have done the transfer properly at the time of "acquisition". This is low risk for them if they are going the bankrupt-shell route for anything they can't unload, and allows for a cleaner pitch to the owner-marks they "acquire" from.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the how PCCs fit into rental picture and had a couple questions.

Looking at some of the ads such as CJ they state no reservations during closing period. I figured this was due to avoiding more work, having to contact original owner and hassle if deal fell through.

On the two timeshares I purchased earlier this year from CJ Timeshares, they booked reservations for me during the closing period. It was quite smooth.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the two timeshares I purchased earlier this year from CJ Timeshares, they booked reservations for me during the closing period. It was quite smooth.

They speak with forked tongue.:ponder:

They also claim one gets free RCI membership when buying their listing!:crash:

This boiler plate has been around for a while as Wyndham stopped allowing transfers several years ago.

CJ TIMESHARES

WYNDHAM SMOKY MOUNTAINS

Here is your chance to own a Deeded Property (Does Not Expire) at a bargain price. 654,000 Annual Wyndham Points at Wyndham Smoky Mountains, an RCI Gold Crown Resort, located in Sevierville, TN. Mortgage is paid in full. You will receive clear title guaranteed! Anniversary date for Points is January 1st of every year. Usage is Annual and starts January 1, 2013 with all 654,000 points available to the new owner. Maintenance fees are billed monthly in the amount of $272 (taxes are included). The 2012 maintenance fees have been paid in full through December. The new owner will be responsible for the 2013 maintenance fees due January 1, 2013.

********* Due to recent changes in Wyndham’s reservation policies, we are no longer able to make guest reservations or transfer points while the transfer is in process. You will be able to make reservations and take full advantage of your points once Wyndham acknowledges transfer of ownership.**********

This Ownership comes with a free RCI membership (an annual savings of $89).

Own this resort NOW at a fraction of the developer price. This item is a NO Reserve auction and will be sold to the highest bidder.

If you have additional questions about this auction, please call me at 407-956-3641

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, that's the difference, I didn't purchase Wyndham.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is TPI hot deals rental, I think they can be picked up with deposited weeks too.

Wyndham Mauna Loa Village - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Oct 06, 2012 - Oct 13, 2012Size:1 Bedroom Sleeps 4Occupancy:4
Retail: $1,199.00Special: $449.00(7 nights)

Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Oct 07, 2012 - Oct 14, 2012Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6
Retail: $1,323.00Special: $499.00(7 nights)

Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Oct 12, 2012 - Oct 19, 2012Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6
Retail: $1,323.00Special: $499.00(7 nights)

Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff Resort - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Oct 20, 2012 - Oct 27, 2012Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6
Retail: $1,323.00Special: $463.00(7 nights)

Kona Billfisher - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Nov 22, 2012 - Nov 29, 2012Size:1 Bedroom Sleeps 4Occupancy:4
Retail: $1,183.00Special: $710.00(7 nights)

Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Nov 23, 2012 - Nov 30, 2012Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6
Retail: $1,323.00Special: $794.00(7 nights)

Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Nov 24, 2012 - Dec 01, 2012Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6

Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort - Kailua-Kona, HIDates:Nov 25, 2012 - Dec 02, 2012Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6