TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Where can we find availability after Irma

Discussion in 'Caribbean Timesharing' started by Ann-Marie, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
    So now that unfortunately Irma has done considerable damage to several islands, where are folks planning on using your weeks/ points? I booked a week in Scottsdale and one in Sedona back to back but I have so much time available. I love the islands. Aruba is a great alternative but somewhat difficult to get a 2 BR. May have to opt for several 1 BR if we travel with our adult children and families. I am limited to using RCI at the moment.

2. Seaport104

Seaport104 TUG Member

RCI points has decent availability for Aruba in 2BR in Divi properties as long as you book at 10 months out when availability opens.

3. Ann-Marie

Resorts Owned:
    I am going to start some searches for Aruba. I have soooo much time. Also grand cayman. We like it there. Have been there 2 years in a row. It may be 3!

4. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    What does RCI have for Barbados? I know we got a trade in to there for next may at Ocean 2 Resort, though it was through II. Barbados can get hurricanes, but they tend to be rare. Kind of like Aruba.

5. Pappy Mentos

Pappy Mentos Guest

Yes, we noticed the airlines already seem to be increasing their flight prices to this islands not affected by Irma in anticipation of the demand. Unfortunately, for timeshares, there are only a limited number of islands to choose from. We loved going to Bonaire and CuraƧao which are only a short flight from Aruba, but there are only a couple of timeshares to choose from. We ended up at the Hilton in Curacao as we could not get a timeshare trade. Most of the other islands also do not offer as much as you found on St. Maarten, Aruba or Grand Cayman.

6. Ann-Marie

Resorts Owned:
    I own weeks. Hardly any 2BR when I would like to go. Definitely not in the summer. Also, we will never go to an all inclusive. Way to expensive for what we would want out of our trade.