*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

What would you rent for $1,000 per night?

Discussion in 'Non-traditional Interval Ownership' started by Steamboat Bill, Feb 11, 2007.

1. I have never stayed in a hotel, condo, or house rental for more than $600 per night....althought my cruise on Freedom of The Seas cost me more than $1000 per day, that included two adjoining rooms (pretty small BTW) food and activities for 4 people.

When I checked into VBRO.com for a house rental in Deer Valley...many rent for MORE than $1,000 per night. Thus, this is the reason for the popularity of Destination Clubs.

Thus, my question is....What would you rent for $1,000 per night? give or take a few hundred.

Has anyone ever paid this much before? How about NYC, London, Dubai, Peter Island?

I assume that these rentals are for large families and need large places to stay. In theory, if you travel with 10 people or more...then you should judge a property as $ per person/per night as a good guide.

2. Miss Marty

Miss Marty TUG Member

3. BocaBum99

BocaBum99 TUG Member

Nothing......

4. Transit

Transit TUG Member

How about Superbowl week at Westin Keirland there is a few on redweek for 1000+ per night

5. mjs

mjs TUG Member

This past summer I rented a house(oceanfront) in Virginia Beach for $1000 per night.
    Sleeps 20, or $50/night/person, 9 bedrooms
    In ground pool, 2 wrap around balconies, 2 kitchens, 3 living rooms, pool table, home theatre and more. Great vacation, not a bad price per person. Never felt crowded.
    Mark

6. folashade

folashade TUG Member

A Yacht Charter with a group of friends

7. That was my most expensive vacation in my life....$14,000 for one week....including a $2,000 tip

Private 60 foot catamaran charter with a captain and first mate around the BVI for one week during the Summer of 2005.

There was 8 people and 100% of everything was included....I did not spend one dime, even on shore excursions.

All food, drinks, alcohol, side trips, etc was included....the rooms were smaller than my closet and the shower was like a coffin...but the experience was fantastic.

That was $250 per person / per day.

I have friends that have spent over $50,000 chartering a 100 foot yacht to the Bahamas....but I do not have that much free cash.

8. short

short TUG Member

I would rent you my house for $1000 per night.

Come one, come all.

I will rent my house in So Cal 4 bedroom 3 bath pool home for $1000 per night.

Comes with a dog, cat and possibly a weekend visit from a college age son or daughter.

Cheers,

Short:D