• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Should We Buy?

Kelslaw

Reaction score
My hubby and I bought some Wyndham points resale, but I want to see if that's the best option in the long run

1) Where do you want your home resort to be?
Honestly right now it doesn't make a difference. We have no kids, so we can go during off peak times.

2) Do you want to visit your home resort at least half the time, or do you want to trade more than half the time?
Probably trade

3) What are your 5 top trade destinations?
We're willing to go wherever as long as there is something to do. We like going to new places and exploring what there is to offer. We both like the beach, but we really like having things to do.

4) How many people do you usually travel with?
Ranges from 2-8

5) Can you travel any time, or are you locked into the school schedule?
Any time

6) Can you make firm plans 12 or more mos. in advance?
Yes

7) Can you vacation for a full week at a time?
Yes

8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars?
Probably at least a 4

9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing?
Very little

10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year?
$2500

11) Are you a detail oriented planner?
No

12) Do you understand that once you buy a timeshare, it may be very difficult to sell or give away, and you are responsible for all fees, until you do?
Yes

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will find a few resorts that meet 4 Star in Wyndham, but I think most of them are 3. Other than that, depending on how many point you have, it should suit your needs.

Kelslaw

Reaction score
Ok great, thanks! My husband's parents have points as well, so it's convenient that we can go places with them if we want.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok great, thanks! My husband's parents have points as well, so it's convenient that we can go places with them if we want.

So you already know that you need to get into reservations as early as you can.

Kelslaw

Reaction score
Definitely! We're waiting on our transfer to go through so we can book a week. Fortunately we have backup plans if everything ends up being booked.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely! We're waiting on our transfer to go through so we can book a week. Fortunately we have backup plans if everything ends up being booked.

When did you start the transfer process?

When and where are you planning to go?

Kelslaw

Reaction score
We just started a couple of weeks ago, but the county it's being transferred in rejected the request initially. The company said it was fixed and they sent it last week. Hopefully Orlando at the end of May. If not, probably Myrtle Beach.

Fortunately I have my in-laws login, so I keep checking availability.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
I enjoy our wyndham points as well. We bought from them, as well as resale. I told him we wouldn't be buying any, call us moochers, we spent over 400 for our "149 weekend" for an upgrade, but when he found out he could go to Scotland he was sold. Our first trip, as owners, was a full week to Arkansas. Where I was sold on buying more points. I googled how to buy more points, and this page popped up. We don't normally spend a full week on vacation, but several 3/4 weekend getaways. So far we are pleased with both of our purchases. Would we buy from Wyndham again?? It would depend on if they would roll our resale purchases into giving us VIP status. Good Luck with your May plans, our last resale purchase was in November, and our points won't be available until March 13th or 14th. Happy Vacationing!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just started a couple of weeks ago, but the county it's being transferred in rejected the request initially. The company said it was fixed and they sent it last week. Hopefully Orlando at the end of May. If not, probably Myrtle Beach.

Fortunately I have my in-laws login, so I keep checking availability.

I'd plan on mid to late April before the points are available to you. Hope for better but plan for worse. All would not be lost, there are cancellations fairly frequently at Bonnet Creek because it's such a large resort. When you see no availability, check several times per day until it shows up. You may have to stitch together the length of time you want by finding shorter stays and booking them. Just don't overlap, and if the reservations aren't made in the same day, there will be a $30 charge for the additional resv transaction.

Kelslaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! My husband and I stayed at Bonnet Creek for our honeymoon last year, so that's where we were planning on staying if we can. We attended one of the presentations last time we were there (fortunately we were treated as owners since my husband is on his parents deed), so we already know the drill on those.

Kelslaw

Reaction score
No, they bought most of their points resale when the market crashed.