• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, enjoyed first three seasons of The Killing, season 4 not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Tour

Easy call. The best program televised.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
No Netflix or Prime but I love the Mysteries on Acorn TV, especially The Crownies from Australia. Acorn has British, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand series. Drama, Comedies, Reality, Documentaries as well as mysteries like Foyle's War, Midsommer Murders and others that have shown on Masterpiece.

Cheers

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like dark thrillers check out 'The Missing' on Netflix. If you don't mind subtitles have a look at 'Fauda' and 'Nobel' also on Netflix. Fauda (or chaos) an Israeli thriller makes Homeland seem tame. Nobel is a Norwegian special ops returns home thriller.

The missing does not show up on a search of netflix

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Found it on amazon prime

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just finished season two of The Killing. Turns out I hadn't seen but half a dozen episodes in the first season. What a terrific show! Just picked up my little pile of Kleenex from crying during the last few minutes. Had to Google Mirelle Enos because why the heck haven't I seen her in anything else? She was terrific! Turns out I have been seeing her in ads for The Catch without knowing it. Amazing what makeup can do, Plain Jane has turned into a glamour girl!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Try RAKE on Netflix. This is the original Australian series, not the American imitation with Greg Kinnear that died an early death. Neflix has the first three seasons. A fourth season was aired in Australia last year, but it hasn't arrived in the US yet.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks, enjoyed first three seasons of The Killing, season 4 not so much.

You're welcome! And I agree: by the time Season 4 came around, the series was more brooding than ever, and had lost its ability to produce great twist endings.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just finished season two of The Killing. Turns out I hadn't seen but half a dozen episodes in the first season. What a terrific show! Just picked up my little pile of Kleenex from crying during the last few minutes. Had to Google Mirelle Enos because why the heck haven't I seen her in anything else? She was terrific! Turns out I have been seeing her in ads for The Catch without knowing it. Amazing what makeup can do, Plain Jane has turned into a glamour girl!

Yes, she looks completely different when wearing a dress and makeup as compared to a baggy sweatshirt and hiking boots. Great actress, and well cast for The Killing.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just finished the first season of the new half hour show Glow about female wrestlers in the late '80s. Took me several episodes to really get into it, but overall a pretty good show. Then I noticed that across the bottom where they suggest other things I might like, there was a documentary about the real Glow. Quite interesting; somehow this totally got past me 30 years ago so now I feel like I'm caught up!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I watch Netflicks quite often. I have watched Grey's Anatomy, Army Wives, Breaking Bad, Ned and Stacy, Shameless, The Crown, Blue Bloods, I'm watching now,. I saw a older movie This Boy's Life with Leo DiCaprio and Robert DiNero, had not seen it before. I try to find older movies that I may have wanted to see or have heard about .Recently, I watched To Kill a Mocking Bird. DH was surprised I had never seen it! I like watching Netflix because no commercials.
Silentg

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I watch Netflicks quite often. I have watched Grey's Anatomy, Army Wives, Breaking Bad, Ned and Stacy, Shameless, The Crown, Blue Bloods, I'm watching now,. I saw a older movie This Boy's Life with Leo DiCaprio and Robert DiNero, had not seen it before. I try to find older movies that I may have wanted to see or have heard about .Recently, I watched To Kill a Mocking Bird. DH was surprised I had never seen it! I like watching Netflix because no commercials.
Silentg

I had also never seen To Kill A Mockingbird before Netflix. Cliff has a friend who goes by Angel May on one of his boards. Scout's brother calls her Angel May at one point during the movie, so of course we had to pause it while we exclaimed that that was undoubtedly where his friend Rita got her board name.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
More on my list:

- Underground (hulu)
- The Handmaid's Tale (hulu)
- The Path (hulu)
- Hand of God (Amazon Prime)
- newest season of Orange Is The New Black (netflix)
- American Crime (netflix)

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Justified
Peaky Blinders (great music score)
Inspector Lewis (and Endeavor)
Chef's Table

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are very selective in what we watch and hardly find anything that captures our attention for more than 5 minutes. One series that we absolutely crave is Sherlock and we are now needing to wait another 2 years for the next season. :bawl: It's on Netflix.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bosch on Amazon is excellent.

Shooter, the Netflix series based on the Bob Lee Swagger books, is very good.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bosch on Amazon is excellent.

Shooter, the Netflix series based on the Bob Lee Swagger books, is very good.

Loved the Bosch series, thanks for tip on shooter, I have read all the bob lee swagger books too.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
update on Netflix favorites:

Bloodline*
River*
Luther*

House of Cards
The Crown
Breaking Bad
Midsomer Murders
Father Brown
Sherlock

(Bloodline, River, and Luther were my favorites by far-----all very intense to say the least.
Midsomer Murders and Father Brown were just plain fun as murder mysteries.)

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We recently began watching " Life Below Zero" on Netflix. It is a BBC documentary or sorts about different people living near the Arctic Circle. There are 4 seasons and we are on season 3. It is kind of interesting.

Bill

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Amazon Prime

The Night Manager
Broadchurch
Bosch
The Queen

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watched "RISE" on Amazon Prime the other night and thought it was a good movie.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I've discovered I can't stop watching a series on Netflix once I get through a couple seasons. I was so DONE with Weeds and Californication that I watched the last two seasons of each in a marathon over a couple of days rather than watch some of this, some of that like I usually do. When a program on TV starts to lose my interest I just don't pick up again when they come back from a seasonal break. Right now I'm "stuck" in Shameless. There's that kernel of interest in the various family members, but I figure it's a forlorn hope that Frank will finally die of his alcoholism before they find a liver for him. I'm going to switch over to This Is Us on On Demand, assuming all the episodes are there when I check. Have been hearing good things, and at least two of the actors got Emmy nominations. I find that what's available On Demand seems to depend on the network. NBC in particular is pretty good about not only having the current season available, but also older seasons as well. Ended up being sure I watched Modern Family and Blackish live because it was hit or miss as to whether or not they would have missed episodes immediately available, while knowing I could depend on SVU and Chicago PD to be there for me as soon as I wanted to watch.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Well poop! I generally watch several series at one time, often stopping a series for awhile at the end of a season and then picking it back up. Finished Season 2 of Saving Grace about a month ago and went to finish the series with the final season tonight. But they've pulled it from rotation! The only "saving grace" to that is that I actually have the season 3 DVD listed for sale on eBay. We actually bought the series when Blockbuster was closing up shop. Six years in this house and we've never set up the DVD player and don't know how to and haven't missed it. So prepatory to selling on eBay I started watching the disks on my computer and thought to look on Netflix and happily found it. I guess it's back to my desk to finish watching it -- sure enough someone will buy it out from under me now so I'd better raise the price by $100 to buy some time!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DW and I recently finished watching "Paranoid" on Netflix--a richly-detailed, character-driven British murder mystery series. I wouldn't put it quite up there with "The Killing" or "Bosch", but it's very well done.