• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What goes w/Crab Legs for dinner?

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my daughter's birthday and I'm making her favorite dish, King Crab Legs!!! But I don't know what else to cook with them.

What goes well with steamed crab legs for dinner? (other than drawn butter)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boiled new red potato's or rice and steamed spinach for the side. With seafood I always find the simpler the better.

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
Pig's Feet and Chicken Thighs! :eek:

Sorry...couldn't resist !!

Have a nice dinner!

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Baked potato with butter & sour cream, green beans with almonds, King's Hawaian bread, and a good glass of white wine.

Gee can you tell I am still on soft foods following surgery. HUNGRY.

breezylawn

Reaction score
Rice Pilaf: Set aside boiled rice (as much as you need to feed)
In saucepan put in 2 T oil and chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, all very finely chopped. When it is golden, add your white rice.
Voila! It's wonderful and I make it with all my seafood meals. Don't forget the corn on the cob.
Can I come?:whoopie:

Bolen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hold on to your Crab Legs cause this will make you Hungry!!!

1. Whole Portebello Mushroom Caps filled with cooked bacon and covered with Mozzarrilla Cheese, grilled till the cheese melts then serve with your favorite salad dressing topping.

2. Tender crisp cooked fresh Asperagus (the slim to medium ones) also served with melted butter...

3. Whole wheat Cous-Cous (we like Trader Joe's) mixed with separately fried onions, garlic, and peppers, salt and pepper...

Gotta love it!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
My first thought was "second mortgages".....and for very good reason: my 16-y.o. daughter happens to love crablegs, and we always take her best friend with us to HHI for our summer vacations, and SHE also loves crablegs...and they ALWAYS each put in their own separate adult-sized orders of crablegs wherever we go. A funny story, but when they were around 8, the waiter at Crazy Crab brought out two huge black pots full of crablegs, saw only 2 little girls without food, and turned around and went to other tables searching for the "owners"....we had to get him to come back and give the girls their crablegs! And believe me, these two can crack some perfect crablegs!!! It's amazing to watch......I've never seen anything like it. They look like two stenographers at work, with perfect sections of meat coming out every 3 seconds. And the GRIN on their faces is truly priceless. Actually I love doing this for them, and we always hit Crazy Crab our first night. Of course, when we go to Marley's, they order crablegs again. And again, and again, and again. Adult orders, not kiddie portions. And, my son (19 y.o.) happens to love lump crabmeat and lobster tails....double Australian rock lobster tails! (Marley's are "to die for"!) Doesn't surprise me, because he was ordering Eggs Benedict at age 3. We do enjoy the whole scene, tho. Dinner out is always a thrill. And we're making memories ....Later the next month, we see how much fun we had on vacation when the credit card statement comes in...delivered to the front door by UPS on a dolly. Needless to say, we always splurge. But we're always smiling. :D Hilton Head has some fantastic places to get awesome food, and we do our part to keep the local economy afloat. jme

GPY

Reaction score
Bolen said:
Hold on to your Crab Legs cause this will make you Hungry!!!

1. Whole Portebello Mushroom Caps filled with cooked bacon and covered with Mozzarrilla Cheese, grilled till the cheese melts then serve with your favorite salad dressing topping.

2. Tender crisp cooked fresh Asperagus (the slim to medium ones) also served with melted butter...

3. Whole wheat Cous-Cous (we like Trader Joe's) mixed with separately fried onions, garlic, and peppers, salt and pepper...

Gotta love it!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

x1000 on all of the above. MMMMmmmm :whoopie:

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I sold King crab, lobster tails and shrimp around the holidays for a little extra income but I can not compete with Costco and BJ's prices, they sell them at the price I was paying wholesale from the Fulton market, so my sugestion is, visit either store, find out when the next seafood roadshow will be set up (they are not there all the time) and stock up. They sell the best kind which is reds from russia and the largest size which is 6 to 9's which means they are over a pound apiece, last I looked they were under $13 a lb. I have them with a baked potato and asparagus, simple but elegant. enjoy. ps, if you have had legs that were salty or had an odd nutty flavor they were not reds but brown or golden crab, although they all look alike since they are cooked when you buy them and turn red, buyer beware, ask to see the box if in doubt.