*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

What goes w/Crab Legs for dinner?

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by Sthack, May 19, 2006.

1. Sthack

Sthack TUG Member

It's my daughter's birthday and I'm making her favorite dish, King Crab Legs!!! But I don't know what else to cook with them.

What goes well with steamed crab legs for dinner? (other than drawn butter)

2. ricoba

ricoba TUG Member

Boiled new red potato's or rice and steamed spinach for the side. With seafood I always find the simpler the better.

3. Malibu Sky

Malibu Sky Guest

Pig's Feet and Chicken Thighs! :eek:

Sorry...couldn't resist !!

Have a nice dinner!

4. Liz Wolf-Spada

Liz Wolf-Spada Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Fruit salad and sourdough french bread! Yum!
    Liz

5. caribbean

caribbean TUG Lifetime Member

Baked potato with butter & sour cream, green beans with almonds, King's Hawaian bread, and a good glass of white wine.

Gee can you tell I am still on soft foods following surgery. HUNGRY.

6. breezylawn

breezylawn Guest

Rice Pilaf: Set aside boiled rice (as much as you need to feed)
    In saucepan put in 2 T oil and chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, all very finely chopped. When it is golden, add your white rice.
    Voila! It's wonderful and I make it with all my seafood meals. Don't forget the corn on the cob.
    Can I come?:whoopie:

7. Bolen

Bolen TUG Member

Hold on to your Crab Legs cause this will make you Hungry!!!

1. Whole Portebello Mushroom Caps filled with cooked bacon and covered with Mozzarrilla Cheese, grilled till the cheese melts then serve with your favorite salad dressing topping.

2. Tender crisp cooked fresh Asperagus (the slim to medium ones) also served with melted butter...

3. Whole wheat Cous-Cous (we like Trader Joe's) mixed with separately fried onions, garlic, and peppers, salt and pepper...

Gotta love it!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

8. jme

jme TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts:
    Grande Ocean x 5
    Barony x 2
    OceanWatch x 1
    Manor Club x 1
    Waterside by Spin x 2
    Sheraton Bdwy Plnt x 2
    ChurchStInnCharleston1
    My first thought was "second mortgages".....and for very good reason: my 16-y.o. daughter happens to love crablegs, and we always take her best friend with us to HHI for our summer vacations, and SHE also loves crablegs...and they ALWAYS each put in their own separate adult-sized orders of crablegs wherever we go. A funny story, but when they were around 8, the waiter at Crazy Crab brought out two huge black pots full of crablegs, saw only 2 little girls without food, and turned around and went to other tables searching for the "owners"....we had to get him to come back and give the girls their crablegs! And believe me, these two can crack some perfect crablegs!!! It's amazing to watch......I've never seen anything like it. They look like two stenographers at work, with perfect sections of meat coming out every 3 seconds. And the GRIN on their faces is truly priceless. Actually I love doing this for them, and we always hit Crazy Crab our first night. Of course, when we go to Marley's, they order crablegs again. And again, and again, and again. Adult orders, not kiddie portions. And, my son (19 y.o.) happens to love lump crabmeat and lobster tails....double Australian rock lobster tails! (Marley's are "to die for"!) Doesn't surprise me, because he was ordering Eggs Benedict at age 3. We do enjoy the whole scene, tho. Dinner out is always a thrill. And we're making memories ....Later the next month, we see how much fun we had on vacation when the credit card statement comes in...delivered to the front door by UPS on a dolly. Needless to say, we always splurge. But we're always smiling. :D Hilton Head has some fantastic places to get awesome food, and we do our part to keep the local economy afloat. jme

9. GPY

GPY Guest

x1000 on all of the above. MMMMmmmm :whoopie:

10. silverfox82

silverfox82 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

A few years ago I sold King crab, lobster tails and shrimp around the holidays for a little extra income but I can not compete with Costco and BJ's prices, they sell them at the price I was paying wholesale from the Fulton market, so my sugestion is, visit either store, find out when the next seafood roadshow will be set up (they are not there all the time) and stock up. They sell the best kind which is reds from russia and the largest size which is 6 to 9's which means they are over a pound apiece, last I looked they were under $13 a lb. I have them with a baked potato and asparagus, simple but elegant. enjoy. ps, if you have had legs that were salty or had an odd nutty flavor they were not reds but brown or golden crab, although they all look alike since they are cooked when you buy them and turn red, buyer beware, ask to see the box if in doubt.