• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you doing this Holiday Week end?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi! This is traditionally the last weekend of summer, do you have vacation plans? We are going to Orange Lake, our home resort, got a 4 TPU with a 2 bedroom Villa in West Village. Our friend who also owns at OL is coming to stay with us. This will be her first visit to the Orlando area. Looking forward to a hot, but fun week!
What are your plans? Anyone else going to be at OL?
Safe Travels!
Silentg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We are staying home. We rarely, if ever, venture out on holiday weekends. Our younger dd just left after a three week visit (school break) so we're ready to just hunker down and do nothing.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I always have to work on Labor Day. :(

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Cleaning house ... maybe. Depends on the heat.

Edited to add: I got a haircut earlier this week in preparation for the new "school year" even though I'm no longer tied to a school calendar. In the spirit of "right time for something new" I went for the shortest cut I've had since I was a toddler. I was bold and had several sets of eyes watching across the salon for my reaction as huge sections of hair fell to the floor. Ah, my hair needed that ...

I can't wait to see if anyone at church notices. So far, none of my neighbors has noticed. (Or they've been too polite to say they didn't care for it?? Nah, they'd say something ... even if, "Ah, interesting choice!")

Edit #2: Ok, I'm binge watching a webcast documentary series on GMO foods. This weekend the producer is releasing the entire 9-episode series for free replay through the Sunday night. Link: http://www.gmosrevealed.com

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was looking at visiting a cabin in the woods .. my friend gave me his keys earlier today. Now I just have to get my butt in gear to drive 3 hours in holiday traffic to the cabin .. to sit in the woods. But I think my neighbors' back home here went away for the weekend. I think I may just chill at my house ... save myself 6 hours of holiday traffic, sleep in my own bed, and watch all the TV channels I have (no CATV at the cabin).

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Was looking at visiting a cabin in the woods .. my friend gave me his keys earlier today. Now I just have to get my butt in gear to drive 3 hours in holiday traffic to the cabin .. to sit in the woods. But I think my neighbors' back home here went away for the weekend. I think I may just chill at my house ... save myself 6 hours of holiday traffic, sleep in my own bed, and watch all the TV channels I have (no CATV at the cabin).
The 3 hours in holiday traffic would kill it for me. :)

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Leaving for Flagstaff, Lake Havasu, Sedona, Durango and finally Taos. Getting the heck out of Houston!!:)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Finish building a Deck in the back corner of the backyard and start on Tea House on the Deck.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Daughter's softball game, a Euchre party, and a Fantasy Football draft. Interesting combination!

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Recovering from an 18-day trip to Alaska which ended Wednesday.
Planning for another trip n 2 weeks to Longboat Key, Florida.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We never go anywhere on weekends, especially holiday ones. Working all week it just doesn't seem worth it to pack and drive for hours somewhere for one or two nights.

Plus, we always have so much to do anyway before the work grind starts all over again.

I am going to clean the house and then pack for our upcoming vacation at Smuggs next week (the 10th). Then I have to cook our meals for this work week coming up, as well as do some other chores.

Hubby has some patching to do on the driveway and has some things inside the house to take care of as well.

Not very exciting, I know. But we live in the woods- the foothills to the Catskills- the Shawungunk Mountain region in the Hudson Valley. Plenty of people are actually coming up here for their holiday weekend.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Cleaning house ... maybe. Depends on the heat.

Edited to add: I got a haircut earlier this week in preparation for the new "school year" even though I'm no longer tied to a school calendar. In the spirit of "right time for something new" I went for the shortest cut I've had since I was a toddler. I was bold and had several sets of eyes watching across the salon for my reaction as huge sections of hair fell to the floor. Ah, my hair needed that ...

I can't wait to see if anyone at church notices. So far, none of my neighbors has noticed. (Or they've been too polite to say they didn't care for it?? Nah, they'd say something ... even if, "Ah, interesting choice!")

I did that about a month ago and I also let my hair go gray as I was having issues with my hair- the texture- plus I was shedding a lot in the shower.

At first, people thought I was crazy growing out the color, but now that it is all out and my hair is very short, I get nothing but compliments! (I am 61). My hair is mostly white around my face, which brings out my hazel/green eyes. Best thing i ever did. My hair is stronger and no more coloring! One less thing to do!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Definitely skip the trip.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I did that about a month ago and I also let my hair go gray as I was having issues with my hair- the texture- plus I was shedding a lot in the shower.

At first, people thought I was crazy growing out the color, but now that it is all out and my hair is very short, I get nothing but compliments! (I am 61). My hair is mostly white around my face, which brings out my hazel/green eyes. Best thing i ever did. My hair is stronger and no more coloring! One less thing to do!
Good for you! And yes, one less thing to do! (Oh, do I feel that statement.)

I'm still coloring mine ~monthly using an all-natural, henna/herbs product. It takes forever (5-7 hours per application) and I rarely have that much time, uninterrupted, even on days I'm home, alone. This week, I rolled with it ... I was outside working on my tractor, dragging the paddocks, accepting "calls" in my driveway (people who show up) ... all while my hair was processing under a turban of SaranWrap and towel. Country life. It is what is is.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I don't avoid travel ON holiday weekends. I do avoid traveling FOR holiday weekends. Here's what I mean.

Tomorrow (Sunday, 9/3), we head north to Smugglers' Notch in Vermont for a full week. I don't expect much traffic because most people are where they want to be for the weekend. The return next Sunday will be normal weekend traffic.

In the DC metro area, traveling FOR a holiday weekend means your getaway day has to be no later than Thursday, preferably before noon. Wednesday is better. It's hard enough to get from work in Arlington, VA to home in Springfield, VA on Friday afternoon. It would be masochistic to go south on I-95 on the Friday of a holiday weekend.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing. Ever since we retired, we plan travel and vacations around seasons and time of year. Labor Day is just another day at home.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't avoid travel ON holiday weekends. I do avoid traveling FOR holiday weekends. Here's what I mean.

Tomorrow (Sunday, 9/3), we head north to Smugglers' Notch in Vermont for a full week. I don't expect much traffic because most people are where they want to be for the weekend. The return next Sunday will be normal weekend traffic.

In the DC metro area, traveling FOR a holiday weekend means your getaway day has to be no later than Thursday, preferably before noon. Wednesday is better. It's hard enough to get from work in Arlington, VA to home in Springfield, VA on Friday afternoon. It would be masochistic to go south on I-95 on the Friday of a holiday weekend.

Two weeks ago on a Sunday morning; we left Tyson Corner, Glen Allen, VA and it to us one hour & 1/2 on I-95 to drive 20 miles to Springfield,VA

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why is traffic so bad in the metro D.C. / Northern Virginia areas? They were new HOV lanes constructed and new interstates highways connections and there were no accidents on the interstate and traffic was still a nightmare..
Why?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Enjoy smuggs! That is our home resort. We arrive next Sunday when you leave!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Swimming and enjoying beach at Wyndham Palm Aire and Royal Vista in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi! This is traditionally the last weekend of summer, do you have vacation plans? We are going to Orange Lake, our home resort, got a 4 TPU with a 2 bedroom Villa in West Village. Our friend who also owns at OL is coming to stay with us. This will be her first visit to the Orlando area. Looking forward to a hot, but fun week!
What are your plans? Anyone else going to be at OL?
Safe Travels!
Silentg
Like you, timesharing. Excited to be going to 84 Main in Kenneport, Maine.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
movie and "Pig Out in the Park" in downtown Spokane. 94 here today which is very hot for us here (No AC) and now trying to stay cool.