• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John [Master Thread] - Part 2 (June 2014 and forward)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is Sunset Bay due to open for 1st HO reservations (opening date)? When is it due to be completed (completion date)?

Why did they call it Sunset Bay when the sun does not set in the south? :D

I'll ask. BTW - Sunset Bay (first 3 buildings) are occupied this week. I think last week was the first week. My current understanding, from shuttle driver input, is that it will be completed by December 2017. Building 10 is the last Hotel Building. It will start retro work in December (anytime I guess).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
IMG_5207.JPG IMG_5213.jpg
Angel's Rest at beach next to Miss Vie's beach (June 2014) - Robin had her 1st moonshine there
It seemed to be a longer snorkel back to shore than snorkeling there.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Every bay needs one of these :whooopie: (I attempted to quote the floating bar picture but it did not happen :shrug: )

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
View attachment 2946 View attachment 2944
Angel's Rest at beach next to Miss Vie's beach (June 2014) - Robin had her 1st moonshine there
It seemed to be a longer snorkel back to shore than snorkeling there.
FWIW, Vie's (the food shack and parking lot) seems to be permanently closed...at least that is what the sign we saw there last month said.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is Sunset Bay due to open for 1st HO reservations (opening date)? When is it due to be completed (completion date)?

Why did they call it Sunset Bay when the sun does not set in the south? :D

SB will be open for HO resies early next year, January 6 was mentioned. The two north/back buildings started retrofits last week and the OF buildings will start as soon as hotel guest/renters leave their current units. Guests currently occupying SB south buildings now (because retro work was completed ahead of schedule) are doing it via direct rental stays.

BTW - The two SB OF buildings will only have 2 BR units.

Supposedly, HELIOS (the sun) does set through the bay during a portion of the year.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression paying for parking at Caneel Bay was not really enforced/or could be avoided by saying you were going to the restaurant. Today, I got the ticket shown below. So, min spending of $20 is required along with validation and proof of purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 67

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I was under the impression paying for parking at Caneel Bay was not really enforced/or could be avoided by saying you were going to the restaurant. Today, I got the ticket shown below. So, min spending of $20 is required along with validation and proof of purchase.

Caneel has been enforcing for a few years now - used to be $10. I hear that there is now a 'taxi-shuttle' that will take you to Honeymoon Beach from Caneel lot - something like $3 - probably pp

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
May as well spend $20 on something than $20 on just a parking space.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Caneel has been enforcing for a few years now - used to be $10. I hear that there is now a 'taxi-shuttle' that will take you to Honeymoon Beach from Caneel lot - something like $3 - probably pp

Just took yesterday. It's 5 pp. It's run by the people who have the activity shed at Honeymoon. It's somewhat of an off road golf cart with 3 front facing rows (including driver) and a back facing row.

The tires looked pretty legit, they reminded me of my Moto Cross and ATV riding days.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
May as well spend $20 on something than $20 on just a parking space.

I agree, we had lunch on the water front (2 floor) terrace and the food was very good. Of course it was way more than $20. Went to Honeymoon beach were you can rent gear including Chaise Lounges. And then went to the Coffee shop for gelato for the kids.

I had heard their gelato was pretty good, which according to the Wife and Kids is decent, but their selection is pretty limited (about 10 flavors). So, 3 medium gelatos can get you the min spending. Perhaps 2 large ones once the tax is included.

islandguy

Reaction score
WSJ INVENTORY PROBLEM

Today tried to book a week exactly one year out. November 26, 2017 at WSJ Coral Vista using my ownership. Web site had nothing at 2AM and a phone call at 9AM got nothing. Not a 3, 2 or studio. Nada.

Something is wrong as this is not a high demand week. Vistana is not putting inventory in place a year out or they are holding units for sale as hotel stays. This is not demand driven. Saw another poster who said they haven't seen a studio November 1st.

I'm a believer in Starwood/Vistana but with this experience I would have to tell any buyer to have second thought unless it is a fixed week.

Island Guy

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
WSJ INVENTORY PROBLEM

Today tried to book a week exactly one year out. November 26, 2017 at WSJ Coral Vista using my ownership. Web site had nothing at 2AM and a phone call at 9AM got nothing. Not a 3, 2 or studio. Nada.

Something is wrong as this is not a high demand week. Vistana is not putting inventory in place a year out or they are holding units for sale as hotel stays. This is not demand driven. Saw another poster who said they haven't seen a studio November 1st.

I'm a believer in Starwood/Vistana but with this experience I would have to tell any buyer to have second thought unless it is a fixed week.

Island Guy

Same thing happens to me. I tried for 11/25 and 11/26.

Nothing available at exactly 11:59-12:15 am. Calling now.
I grabbed an 11/11 check in so as not to be locked out but there must be a glitch.

Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Room charges question

Does anyone know if my guests staying with me can have their CC attached to their room keys? I have done this several times at Harborside, but haven't had the need to do it at WSJ before.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Room charges question

Does anyone know if my guests staying with me can have their CC attached to their room keys? I have done this several times at Harborside, but haven't had the need to do it at WSJ before.

Do you mean the ability for guests to charge to the villa? Yes - as long as they are registered to the room.
If you mean that somehow the charges they made to the villa being differentiated from charges to the villa that you made? Not that I am aware of.
HRA does this? How would they know which card keys are which when they open the same villa door?

When you charge to villa it has nothing to do with villa keys - you give name and villa number - no one asks for villa keys. This is standard practice at our TSs and even hotel stays.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Yes, you can have separate credit cards linked to separate key cards at HRA for the same villa. It is VERY handy.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes, you can have separate credit cards linked to separate key cards at HRA for the same villa. It is VERY handy.

Perhaps it is possible - I have never asked. At check-in, they ask for number of keys and names of villa occupants. Generally, when you received the bill (e.g. food) they ask for villa number and last name (and name printed and signature) - and no villa keys are requested. This is standard practice for WSJ, WKV, WKORV/N, and WPORV. At WSJ, we just divvy up the bill with our guests accordingly. To my knowledge, the keys just open the villa door (and free-cycle door for WSJ-VGV).

If WSJ allows for separate charges (based on villa key) - let me (us) know for future reference.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
If you mean that somehow the charges they made to the villa being differentiated from charges to the villa that you made? Not that I am aware of.
HRA does this? How would they know which card keys are which when they open the same villa door?

When you charge to villa it has nothing to do with villa keys - you give name and villa number - no one asks for villa keys. This is standard practice at our TSs and even hotel stays.

I think only HRA can support this, due to the fact that room keys are on the Atlantis system and act as payment cards. I agree, this has come in very handy when visiting HRA.

At other resorts, my experience has matched David's, and room charges are posted to a single account. I would imagine you could get a little more granular if you have a lockoff and ask to have each side associated with a different payment card.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Aha - this makes sense why you can do this at HRA

There are no lockoffs at WSJ (in any phase).
Not correct - there are 3Bd LO (2Bd and studio) for WSJ-CV and WSJ-SB phases.

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WSJ VGV Maintenance Fees have been published on Vistana Dashboard
Due: Jan 9, 2017
No surprises

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
WSJ VGV Maintenance Fees have been published on Vistana Dashboard
Due: Jan 9, 2017
No surprises
My Pool Villas MF went down slightly. I like the comment form the non Vistana board members about the reduction being small but that's always better than an increase.

I like how proactive they are (the non Vistana board members) at cost control and it seems it may get better next year if they move forward with allowing outsiders to the Bay Vista board...Hopefully all phases have representation soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.