• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Los Cabos

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I think Cabo San Lucas probably has most everything that Cancun does, without the ruins. Both have beautiful beaches with rough water in many places, good restaurants, sunset cruises, booze cruises, etc.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like there is tub in the balcony of the 2 BR Premium partially blocked by wall.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Looks like they've added Los Cabos as an option to the Villa Finder. It's not yet functional (i.e. doesn't return any results) but the information from a prior post about reservations being available starting in May seems pretty likely.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Looks like there is tub in the balcony of the 2 BR Premium partially blocked by wall.
Yeah, what's up with that? It's the tub with a door to nowhere.

OMG that is hilarious. I didn't even notice that. Door must be to a linen closet for the towels for the tub!!o_O Housekeeping can climb over the tub to refill the closet!:thumbup:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am also not a fan of the location of the laundry in the 2BR premium unit. The laundry looks to be in the master bedroom bathroom area. That means if you have two couples traveling together, one has to bring their laundry over to the other couples bathroom to wash. Wish they could have put it in a more common area. I do like how the 2BR premium is 2.5 baths.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I am also not a fan of the location of the laundry in the 2BR premium unit. The laundry looks to be in the master bedroom bathroom area. That means if you have two couples traveling together, one has to bring their laundry over to the other couples bathroom to wash. Wish they could have put it in a more common area. I do like how the 2BR premium is 2.5 baths.

Are you sure there isn't a washer dryer in the lockoff? Every Vistana I've been in has had 2 sets.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Are you sure there isn't a washer dryer in the lockoff? Every Vistana I've been in has had 2 sets.
There is no 2BR lock off at Los Cabos. See post #22 for the two 2BR floor plans.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is no 2BR lock off at Los Cabos. See post #22 for the two 2BR floor plans.

Oops , you're right. That really is too bad. It still looks beautiful. I wonder how long until we see owner rentals on Redweek?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Oops , you're right. That really is too bad. It still looks beautiful. I wonder how long until we see owner rentals on Redweek?
It would have been nice to be able to reserve a 1BR. Though it looks like the studios have king beds. The one thing that we don't like about the Lagunamar studios is the queen bed in there.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Looks like they've added Los Cabos as an option to the Villa Finder. It's not yet functional (i.e. doesn't return any results) but the information from a prior post about reservations being available starting in May seems pretty likely.
When I tried selecting it this morning, it kept telling me to select a resort even though I had Los Cabos selected. Now I can actually click "Find & Reserve" but it just returns the calendars with the message "Property is currently not accepting reservations."

The resort page indicates the following "Owner Occupancy is scheduled to begin early 2018". I wonder if they will open it up to StarOptions reservations for the May date that is being mentioned several times. It would seem they would like to get some Vistana owners in there to try to sell them the new property for 2018 occupancy.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Oddly, when you search for availabiliy on the Vistana site, it still brings up room options of how they are listed on the hotel site. Not the villa types that they show in the floor plans. They must not have all the units converted or completed yet?

ETA: It looks like searches just kick you over to the starwoodhotels.com site to display the results.

Last edited:

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have a shuttle to Cabo San Lucas? Is it pretty far from the city?

Thanks

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Does anyone know if they have a shuttle to Cabo San Lucas? Is it pretty far from the city?

Thanks
Don't know if they will have a shuttle as a villa resort; they did not as a hotel. The property is pretty far from both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo.

RoverJohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from our week at the Grand Regina, the property next to the former Westin Hotel, and now resurrected as a time-share. Workers were busy almost 24 hours a day preparing for the opening April 1. It will be wonderful, as it is a spectacular location with an exceptionally beautiful building and grounds. I am reasonably excited as Vistana Experiences/Starwood has purchased some of the excess inventory of the Grand Regina and I am hoping that they will incorporate existing Grand Regina owners into the Starwood system. The Grand Regina units are a cut above.

My opinion is that Club Regina is one of the most beautiful timeshares with a view of the water that is unmatched, and that the three properties should be a destination of choice.

BUT, as was noted in an earlier post, the Westin is on the corridor, and while the corridor is such a beautiful drive with a stunning view of the water, the resort is set apart from and between both Cabo and San Jose del Cabo, the town with the airport. Cabs are expensive, so I recommend renting a car. Driving is reasonable, but you should prepare yourself for how to handle round-abouts, turns from the far right lane, or turns from the left lane. Stop lights flash green as the signal is changing, then yellow, then red. And when you rent a car, get the car at the airport to save the expense of the bus to the resort and back to the airport. THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST COST SAVINGS, because you are charged per person. All rentals MUST include Mexican insurance as a basis for your renting. Your individual choice of damage insurance can be your insurance at home? or from your credit card. Confirm this before you come down. When you rent, INSPECT you car for damage and have it noted on your check-out paper. We paid $330 for our rental of a car for a week, about $55 dollars for gas, and appreciated having a car available for us when we wanted it.

And finally, being over 35, and by a lot, we totally recommend San Jose del Cabo. Such a classier area, and the old restored art district has Thursdays for their Art Walk.

RoverJohn

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great input from the gang!

I wonder what the average cab ride will cost from the Westin to Cabo San Luca.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
My wife and I just returned from our week at the Grand Regina, the property next to the former Westin Hotel, and now resurrected as a time-share. Workers were busy almost 24 hours a day preparing for the opening April 1. It will be wonderful, as it is a spectacular location with an exceptionally beautiful building and grounds. I am reasonably excited as Vistana Experiences/Starwood has purchased some of the excess inventory of the Grand Regina and I am hoping that they will incorporate existing Grand Regina owners into the Starwood system. The Grand Regina units are a cut above.

My opinion is that Club Regina is one of the most beautiful timeshares with a view of the water that is unmatched, and that the three properties should be a destination of choice.

BUT, as was noted in an earlier post, the Westin is on the corridor, and while the corridor is such a beautiful drive with a stunning view of the water, the resort is set apart from and between both Cabo and San Jose del Cabo, the town with the airport. Cabs are expensive, so I recommend renting a car. Driving is reasonable, but you should prepare yourself for how to handle round-abouts, turns from the far right lane, or turns from the left lane. Stop lights flash green as the signal is changing, then yellow, then red. And when you rent a car, get the car at the airport to save the expense of the bus to the resort and back to the airport. THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST COST SAVINGS, because you are charged per person. All rentals MUST include Mexican insurance as a basis for your renting. Your individual choice of damage insurance can be your insurance at home? or from your credit card. Confirm this before you come down. When you rent, INSPECT you car for damage and have it noted on your check-out paper. We paid $330 for our rental of a car for a week, about $55 dollars for gas, and appreciated having a car available for us when we wanted it.

And finally, being over 35, and by a lot, we totally recommend San Jose del Cabo. Such a classier area, and the old restored art district has Thursdays for their Art Walk.

RoverJohn

Sounds great, Cabo is a closer distance than Cancun, although we really liked Lagunamar. Almost makes me want to get more star options :D ... if I could afford it.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We use to belong to Raintree Vacation Club - Regina. We stayed there many times and a few years gave it to a Friend that stayed with us a few times and she fell in love with it. The setup was gorgeous. Every Patio had a view of the Ocean and we would watch the Whales play everyday. In the 3 plex Regina was the southern complex. Then the (I guess now former Westin) and it's facilities were also gorgeous. For many years Regina Members had free access to all the facilities at the Westin. Until Raintree and Westin had a falling out. The Grand Regina was the Northern Complex. We toured it. It was very high class. When we were in Cabo last May there were still piles of wrecked/demolished cement around the Westin and there were no doors or Windows installed. We are staying at Regina/Raintree next February with our friend that now owns it. It is such a beautiful location and worth the hassle of having to drive to the location and into town.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yeah, what's up with that? It's the tub with a door to nowhere.
Isn't that the tub in the presidential suite?

Ah, I see now. Likely access for plant, not storage. Drawn by architect to ensure door clears taps.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I tried selecting it this morning, it kept telling me to select a resort even though I had Los Cabos selected. Now I can actually click "Find & Reserve" but it just returns the calendars with the message "Property is currently not accepting reservations."

The resort page indicates the following "Owner Occupancy is scheduled to begin early 2018". I wonder if they will open it up to StarOptions reservations for the May date that is being mentioned several times. It would seem they would like to get some Vistana owners in there to try to sell them the new property for 2018 occupancy.
Just told that on May 1 2017 you can begin So reservations for Jan 1 2018 check-in.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on StarOptions numbers going to be needed for reservations?
I didn't ask. I speculate, after all why are we all here if not to speculate wildly that.

Season weeks will look like Cancun.
1-4 being Gold Plus.
5-17 Platinum Plus

I also speculate the platinum plus points will be as below.

2Br premium sleeping 8 will be a 148100 a week unit, the 2 bed will be a 129800 unit and a studio will be 67100.

My benchmarks below.
Weather J F M
Cancun H 81 82 84 L 67 68 71.
Los Cabos 74 77 81 L 54 55 56
Bahamas 78 75 80 L 73 70 73

Los Cabos 2br premium 1206 Sq ft sleeps 8
Cancun 2br LO 1140 Sq ft sleeps 8

Los Cabos 2 bed 900 Sq ft sleeps 6
Harborside 2 bed 888 Sq ft sleeps 6

Los Cabos Studio 414 Sq ft sleeps 4
Cancun studio 400 Sq ft sleeps 4

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I didn't ask. I speculate, after all why are we all here if not to speculate wildly that.

Season weeks will look like Cancun.
1-4 being Gold Plus.
I also speculate the 2Br premium sleeping 8 will be a 148100 a week unit, the 2 bed will be a 129800 unit and a studio will be 67100.

My benchmarks below.
Weather J F M
Cancun H 81 82 84 L 67 68 71.
Los Cabos 74 77 81 L 54 55 56
Bahamas 78 75 80 L 73 70 73

Los Cabos 2br premium 1206 Sq ft sleeps 8
Cancun 2br LO 1140 Sq ft sleeps 8

Los Cabos 2 bed 900 Sq ft sleeps 6
Harborside 2 bed 888 Sq ft sleeps 6

Los Cabos Studio 414 Sq ft sleeps 4
Cancun studio 400 Sq ft sleeps 4

Are you thinking that those will be the SOs for Platinum Plus season? Or do you think they may try to increase the SOs since all the units at Los Cabos appear to have ocean views? Then perhaps they would up the StarOptions for the Ocean Side units at Lagunamar. I do agree that the seasons should be just about line up with Lagunamar. It will be interesting to see what the seasons and amount of SOs are when they release it, hopefully in less than a week!

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you thinking that those will be the SOs for Platinum Plus season? Or do you think they may try to increase the SOs since all the units at Los Cabos appear to have ocean views? Then perhaps they would up the StarOptions for the Ocean Side units at Lagunamar. I do agree that the seasons should be just about line up with Lagunamar. It will be interesting to see what the seasons and amount of SOs are when they release it, hopefully in less than a week!
Yes these for PP season. I edited my post for clarity. WLR is all ocean view so that remains comparable.

I think increasing the SO on a new MX resort will just piss off existing owners so greatly. It's not a high cost / high Mf destination like HI or Stj. Even Nanea and WKORV(N) still have most units as 148,100. If your HI / Atlantis etc owner can't book a week here then the exchange logistics start a death spiral.

Last edited: