• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar upcoming Trip and Tips

Vtonagel25

Reaction score
Hi all, visiting the Westin Lagunamar for the first time in two weeks. We will be staying for 6 days, 5 nights and going to take at least one tour to the Chichen Itza ruins. Any tips on where to eat, any markets around for utilizing the kitchen in the villa and any other type of tours/attractions to do? We would like to keep our food budget down. Any advice would help.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
There are a bunch of WLR threads recently with lots of good suggestions. I recommend a forum search.

That said, if you're traveling from the US you'll find pretty much everything to be very affordable. The peso has dropped considerably against the dollar, resulting in restaurants costing about half of what you'd pay stateside. We found the resort food and drinks to be pretty good both poolside and at the casual restaurant, but did not enjoy the upscale Oceana experience. Off property, we really enjoyed Jugo de Limon (in La Isla mall -- you can watch the dolphins while you eat breakfast or lunch), El Fish Fritanga, and La Destileria.

elleny76

Reaction score
Hi all, visiting the Westin Lagunamar for the first time in two weeks. We will be staying for 6 days, 5 nights and going to take at least one tour to the Chichen Itza ruins. Any tips on where to eat, any markets around for utilizing the kitchen in the villa and any other type of tours/attractions to do? We would like to keep our food budget down. Any advice would help.
1.) Happy hour every day from 3pm to 4pm(appx $2.50) at the resort and food is very very good! they have special food nights ( Mexican night, Latin night and Wednesday night ALL STEAKS for 600 pesos per person)
2.) There is a mall( SUPER DUPER MALL) right across the resort that has EVERYTHING! all kind of restaurants (even mc Donald's and Starbucks!) walk no more than right across the resort and you will find anything you want to eat. At night is super cool and safe as well ( 2 mntes walk from the resort)
3.) There is a supermarket 7 minutes away from the resort and its inside a mall as well (taxi $6 each way +$1 tip) I think the name is sorianos? anyway just ask the guys at the entrance of the resort and they will inform you of all. taxis are all over and easy to get.
4.) Basically ..You have everything right across the resort ..that mall is amazing at anytime. walk and find all the restaurants in the MARINA and you can eat looking at the ocean. look for "jugo de limon" restaurant where you can see the dolphins while eating. The shrimp ceviche is out of this world ( the steak in Cancun over all was no good in my own opinions except in CAMBALACHE Argentinean restaurant(IMO).
5.) We just went to rest and enjoy the resort so no tours for us at all. (Maybe next time). But right on the beach they have many aquatic sports for renting.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
1.) Happy hour every day from 3pm to 4pm(appx $2.50) at the resort and food is very very good! they have special food nights ( Mexican night, Latin night and Wednesday night ALL STEAKS for 600 pesos per person)
2.) There is a mall( SUPER DUPER MALL) right across the resort that has EVERYTHING! all kind of restaurants (even mc Donald's and Starbucks!) walk no more than right across the resort and you will find anything you want to eat. At night is super cool and safe as well ( 2 mntes walk from the resort)
3.) There is a supermarket 7 minutes away from the resort and its inside a mall as well (taxi $6 each way +$1 tip) I think the name is sorianos? anyway just ask the guys at the entrance of the resort and they will inform you of all. taxis are all over and easy to get.
4.) Basically ..You have everything right across the resort ..that mall is amazing at anytime. walk and find all the restaurants in the MARINA and you can eat looking at the ocean. look for "jugo de limon" restaurant where you can see the dolphins while eating. The shrimp ceviche is out of this world ( the steak in Cancun over all was no good in my own opinions except in CAMBALACHE Argentinean restaurant(IMO).
5.) We just went to rest and enjoy the resort so no tours for us at all. (Maybe next time). But right on the beach they have many aquatic sports for renting.
My wife read that Camblache is moving across the street to the La Isla mall early this year. Hope it is moved by the time we go in May. If so, we will likely try it out. If not, we probably wouldn't bother.

elleny76

Reaction score
My wife read that Camblache is moving across the street to the La Isla mall early this year. Hope it is moved by the time we go in May. If so, we will likely try it out. If not, we probably wouldn't bother.
Yes! its under construction at this moment at the Isla mall. We took a taxi to the "party location" $6 and the restaurant is located in the same mall as hard rock café restaurant. The food is Amazing!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
About the Hard Rock Cafe? Is it in the same location that it has always been in? I remember a dispute a few years ago by Hard Rock International and the franchise owner in Mexico and they pulled all of their franchise agreements. Now when we log back in to my Hard Rock Rewards account, it shows a Cancun New Location. But I think it is just because they granted them a new agreement and officially recognize the cafe in Cancun.