• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Kaanapali oceanfront staroptions

OKPACIFIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the ocean front center 2 bedroom (aka premium?) and ocean front corner 2 bedroom (aka deluxe?) units both now 176700 staroptions?

Last edited:

OKPACIFIC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you DavidnRobin! I was looking at the staroptions chart and it referred to only a "1 bedroom premium oceanfront" and "studio premium oceanfront". This made me wonder if this wording was trying to distinguish those oceanfront center units from a "1-bedroom deluxe oceanfront" and "studio deluxe oceanfront". From what you are saying, it appears they could have just as easily skipped the word premium and just said "1-bedroom oceanfront" and "Studio oceanfront" Thanks again

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thank you DavidnRobin! I was looking at the staroptions chart and it referred to only a "1 bedroom premium oceanfront" and "studio premium oceanfront". This made me wonder if this wording was trying to distinguish those oceanfront center units from a "1-bedroom deluxe oceanfront" and "studio deluxe oceanfront". From what you are saying, it appears they could have just as easily skipped the word premium and just said "1-bedroom oceanfront" and "Studio oceanfront" Thanks again

The naming convention is odd. All OF went up in SOs, including WKORVN

Golf57

Reaction score
Question: does this mean that if I want to purchase a WKORVN ocean front unit from the resale market I would own 176,700 star option points? In other words, all WKORVN and WKORV OF unit holders got an automatic increase in their star option points from 148,100 to 176,700.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - they increased it before they started selling Nanea, so that the OF units at all 3 resorts would have the same number of Staroptions.

Golf57

Reaction score
Yes - they increased it before they started selling Nanea, so that the OF units at all 3 resorts would have the same number of Staroptions.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dms11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
FYI, I have been told there is a difference between Oceanfront and Deluxe Oceanfront in that the latter is a slightly larger corner room.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
FYI, I have been told there is a difference between Oceanfront and Deluxe Oceanfront in that the latter is a slightly larger corner room.

The are multiple differences - thus the large disparity in MFs.

Look at floor plans for layout differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Does anyone have the floor plan for the ocean front center units? I have never been able to find one.

dms11 - The Ocean Front Deluxe units wrap around the corners of buildings 2 and 3 and the studio lanais face north or south. They are larger units and have a different floor plan, but the same amenities.

WKORV_2BD_OFD_FP.gif

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't the OFC layout be the same as the OV or IV non-Deluxe units?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an upgrade to OF now that the SOs went up and OF units can actually be reserved as part of a separate block of units?

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last night I was able to book a 1 bdrm OFD for Sunday, February 25th. We had already used our ownership week to reserve our OV 2 bdrm unit at 12 months out for Feb 24th, but needed one more room for our family trip. At midnight 8 months out there was NO availability for Feb 24th but I saw this for Feb 25th. I was thrilled to get the OFD even though we only have it 6 nights. I was afraid we would end up with a parking lot view! We will use SPG points to book a room for the Saturday night before and have them move our luggage when the room is ready. I am really pleased we have the option to book these with SO's. It will make our trip so much more pleasant than looking at a parking lot!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Does anyone have the floor plan for the ocean front center units? I have never been able to find one.

dms11 - The Ocean Front Deluxe units wrap around the corners of buildings 2 and 3 and the studio lanais face north or south. They are larger units and have a different floor plan, but the same amenities.

View attachment 4204

To give perspective- the OFD balcony on the 1Bd side is ~8x25ft

Never seen a plan for the OFC - however the sqft for the OFC is in the WKORV OM. The size of the OFC balcony is the difference between the OFC Premium and standard Premium villas (taking into account the Juliet balcony. 80-90sqft iirc

The OFC has the best MF/sqft at WKORV because of the studio balcony that the standard Premium villa does not have.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMG_6859.PNG IMG_6860.PNG
Wouldn't the OFC layout be the same as the OV or IV non-Deluxe units?

No, actually the OFC premium has a larger lanai than non OF villa. The lanai is similar to OFD in that it extends fully from both sides of the villa-living room area and bedroom. The non OF units do not have a lanai that extends out from the living room area.
OFC premium lanai in front of bedroom is actually deeper than OFD. Can see this in photo.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to clarify - the picture on the left is ocean front center, and the picture on the right is ocean front deluxe?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Just to clarify - the picture on the left is ocean front center, and the picture on the right is ocean front deluxe?

Edited - both are OFC

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Dave! :hi:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Here is photo of WKORV OM/CCRs that has Net sizes (and Valuation) - this is for B3 (5th floor)

22f9de35f5ea0b3a7a70ab8251dd141c.jpg

So... with a little math, the sqft of the studio, floor plans. and knowing this Net Lanai also includes Juliet balcony - and Foyer size is also included - you can estimate size differences.

The OFD studio (w/o lanai) is ~500sqft

AND - looking at valuations - that OFD has the worst MF/size and OFC the best.

MF/size: OFD>1Bd>2Bd>OFC (because of OFC studio has balcony)

Last edited:

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, both photos are OFC. Both photos are from same balcony. B2 5th floor.

From the square footage, I see that 2 bedrm OFC has 334 sq ft of lanai, so most for OF. Given that the OFC studio lanai is a bit smaller than the OFD studio lanai, I take it that the OFC Premium lanai is larger than OFD premium lanai. I think the Main difference is the area set back from the master bedroom, more space from what I've seen.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
No, both photos are OFC. Both photos are from same balcony. B2 5th floor.

From the square footage, I see that 2 bedrm OFC has 334 sq ft of lanai, so most for OF. Given that the OFC studio lanai is a bit smaller than the OFD studio lanai, I take it that the OFC Premium lanai is larger than OFD premium lanai. I think the Main difference is the area set back from the master bedroom, more space from what I've seen.

My apologies - from the angle it looks like the OFD balcony

57b2ee0c4f3257d92225932fdb5ce1e5.jpg

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The lanai looks small in comparison to the Hyatt's.

It is ~8x25ft - that is pretty big. It could be camera angle (those 2 columns are ~12ft apart). I have 100s of photos and some video of the OFD - hardly none on my iPhone anymore (odd). I seemed to have lost ability to get into PhotoBucket App (crashes) - I need to get my photos off PB (arg)