• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Well... that's that...

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope everything goes smoothly. But here's a brief history why I'm so pessimistic on Wyndham IT
Purchased a contract at the end of January. When the points showed up online 2 days later they have a July 1st start date with use year ending June 30 2018 even though all of our contracts already had a 12 31 end use years. Went back to sales office and stated I'm not buying a contract with no points for 5 months. Called owner care. Was told it would be corrected in minutes and use year would be changed also with current points. Received email 15 minutes later stating they added points to current use year ending 12 31 2017 but could not change use year on new contract because of the big realignment by another department but it would be done by the end of March. In the past few weeks some of you have posted your use years were realigned without any request to do so. I requested the new contract be realigned and it wasn't done till this week over 3 months later.

Early February made second purchase along with enrolling PICs to get VIP Platinum. Sales stated we want you to have real member number. Let's put this purchase in a developer member number and request the member numbers be merged getting rid of your resale 999 number. Request was put in merge member numbers. Was told to allow 2 weeks for the merger.

Did follow up a couple of times with no action through March. Early April I called in and started with title department. After about 4 transfers to different departments. I was informed that they would expedite the request but that I had too many contracts. This is when I was informed that as a result of audits there's a new rule of 10 contract max per member number. I know which department this is and who stated it but will not reveal it here. The irony is they even counted my bonus point contracts.

In early May I was informed there's a glitch in the internal system preventing the merger of our member numbers. Also there's a team working on our merger. REALLY A TEAM TO MERGE 2 MEMBER NUMBERS.

This week after hassling for over three months our use year gets realigned, finally receive credit for Platinum discounts on some reservations.

This week THEY DO THE MERGER BACKWARDS SO WE STILL HAVE THE 999 MEMBER NUMBER. NOW ONLY THE 999 NUMBER AFTER IT WAS WYNDHAM SALES THAT WANTED TO GET RID OF IT. Am told this is being fixed. I don't know what our account will look like when the system comes up.

After spending over 100k this is how they treated a new Platinum VIP Member the last three and a half months

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they do come up for period of time throughout the day and tomorrow, I guess the 48 hour overlapping guest pass period would start.
Since we are placing bets, my bet is that there will be one more reminder about Guest Certificates as part of an official announcement declaring the new system operational. That is when the 48 hour begins.

If the duplicate reservation cancellations are still a manual process under the new system, there may be a less than strict enforcement at 48 hours for at least a little while.

This is just a complete guess, do not rely on it if you still have duplicate reservations that may get cancelled.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
... "credit for Platinum discounts on some reservations."

Do you know if it only giving Platinum discounts/upgrades on the developer/PIC points?

It appears you may have picked up a account restriction somewhere along the line. I am beginning to wonder is people with multiple accounts are being handled on a case by case bases. What is happening to the goose may or may not be happening to the gander.

Different point: I am not betting anything on the duplicate guest certificate issue. You are right, if duplicate issues are their, take care of the matter and do not gamble on it.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Up and running. Just booked National Harbor in the discount window:

Passed on a 3 Bedroom deluxe for up two weeks May 27 to June 10, 2017.

Took the June 15, 2017 reservation

Just push 3 then 2, no wait.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just get an error, no access. It also says it is going back down a 6 pm EDT.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I've got a room in the booking process, but no owner available to select.

I'm not sure which is better - no owner, or me and the woman I didn't know.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are getting a interesting set of selections, now I feel lucky on the ones I got up.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in and poking around. I wanted to see if I could find a 4 bedroom WBC in December. I am missing two days so that plan isn't going to work. :(

My contracts and points are not showing but I do like the drop down menu for unit sizes with the calendar so you can see what you are up against.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what are you using for browers?

Never mind, Chrome doesn't work.

Explorer got me logged in at least. So if you have another browers that works or doesn't work, can you note it here.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
what are you using for browers?

Never mind, Chrome doesn't work.

Explorer got me logged in at least. So if you have another browers that works or doesn't work, can you note it here.

I'm using Chrome but I can't get anything to work in the drop down menu under owners when trying to book something.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm using Chrome but I can't get anything to work in the drop down menu under owners when trying to book something.

Can you try IE. Everything I have tried is working so far. Boy it gives you BIG warnings on duplicate reservations. What does drive me nuts is the font size if the the visually impaired (Can they NOT get the text any LARGER) and you need to scroll just to check availability, as it takes a few pages, from what used to be displayed on a single screen.

If anyone figures out how to ADD an upgrade request let me know. I can get to my reservation list, but there is nothing clickable or linked to click through and upgrade from that page. So I guess I don't know how to add a guest either.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you try IE. Everything I have tried is working so far. Boy it gives you BIG warnings on duplicate reservations. What does drive me nuts is the font size if the the visually impaired (Can they NOT get the text any LARGER) and you need to scroll just to check availability, as it takes a few pages, from what used to be displayed on a single screen.

If anyone figures out how to ADD an upgrade request let me know. I can get to my reservation list, but there is nothing clickable or linked to click through and upgrade from that page. So I guess I don't know how to add a guest either.

I just tried IE and I am stuck at the same blank box for the owner when making a reservation. But then again, I'm 100% resale. My account might not be high enough on the list. lol

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just tried IE and I am stuck at the same blank box for the owner when making a reservation. But then again, I'm 100% resale. My account might not be high enough on the list. lol

My dropdown names are there, but my upper case and lower case version are NOT there, just all uppercase NOW. So I have lot 2 of my 5 unique names.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't find my point status, and it is also alerting me to points expiring that I know I don't have. And my husband's name is still incorrect.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Just made a reservation for 4th of July week in a 3BR Deluxe unit at Bonnet Creek. Upgraded from a 1BR Deluxe.

If someone has figured out how to enter a guest, please post it.

Also, at least on my account, they "normalized" the different versions of the two owners on the account. No more CAPS/lower case; no more middle initials.

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
h
Up and running. Just booked National Harbor in the discount window:

Passed on a 3 Bedroom deluxe for up two weeks May 27 to June 10, 2017.

Took the June 15, 2017 reservation

Just push 3 then 2, no wait.
how many points did that use?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It just kicked me out, just prior to the 6 ET cutoff.

Outstanding Stuff I did not find

1) How to Add a guest to an EXISTING reservation
2) How to Request an upgrade for an EXISTING reservation.

Did any see how you can't view ALL unit availability for a resort, you can only do this by selecting a SINGLE Unit type. I don't like that. Wish for a select all. This REALLY BLOWS. picking each unit type as a separate search. NOT HAPPY.

I don't see a way to search all the resorts in a given area either, not good for multiple location places, e.g. Orlando. I FOUND THIS, where you enter the resort name in location in the location BOX, there is a "View all destinations" link just below the box.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just made a reservation for 4th of July week in a 3BR Deluxe unit at Bonnet Creek. Upgraded from a 1BR Deluxe.

If someone has figured out how to enter a guest, please post it.

Also, at least on my account, they "normalized" the different versions of the two owners on the account. No more CAPS/lower case; no more middle initials.

Call Owner Services they probably do it for you.

olivdav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Gold VIP
If anyone figures out how to ADD an upgrade request let me know. I can get to my reservation list, but there is nothing clickable or linked to click through and upgrade from that page. So I guess I don't know how to add a guest either.[/QUOTE]

Click on the reservation and you will see "Modify" or "Cancel" in upper right corner. Select Modify and scroll down you will see an Upgrade options button.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Click on the reservation and you will see "Modify" or "Cancel" in upper right corner. Select Modify and scroll down you will see an Upgrade options button.

There was nothing clickable on my reservations page. Did I just have to hover and I didn't notice the Modify or Cancel. Or are you looking at a completely different page. My was the first tab at the top my vacations or reservations or something. Wish I would have take a screen shot , which I did NOT.