TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Well... that's that...

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by Bigrob, May 18, 2017.

1. CO skier

CO skier TUG Member

Short term and long term, the vast majority of any increased revenue from guest fees will come from Wyndham picking the pockets of megarenters who put the first GC in a dummy name until they find the guest who will ultimately stay in the unit, then pay for another GC to change the reservation from the dummy name.

2. scootr5

scootr5 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Quarter House, Wyndham Avenue Plaza - Mardis Gras week, Wyndham points
    Or more likely, until they show up at the resort.

3. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    Only if they haven't had an overlapping reservation in the last several years. I would think they would know that by 14 days before they need to change one of the reservation or lose it. If not they would have arrived to a cancelled reservation even without this latest change.

4. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    Did I understand wrongly that ARP reservation can overlap?

5. Avislo

Avislo Guest

It is my understanding that a overlapping definition does not have a exception for ARP/RARP/RP.

6. BFields47

BFields47 Guest

Registration was a pain for me as well. It's a hit or miss. I place my bet it'll crash in the first few hours and they won't know how to fix. Just hope they have a good way to recover to the old system.

Knowing how IT is nowadays, probably created by underpaid and inexperienced programmers in India who have absolutely no clue about timeshare. Just to save a couple of $$$.

Hope they retained some of the original folks from the old website. Despite its lack of ARP bookings it was quite a solid system. They had a few hiccups in the beginning but I was still impressed.

Yet I'm praying for a successful transition and look forward to hopefully booking arp without an agent.

7. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

The 99 guest fees and the 19 transaction fees go to the club, not to wyndham

8. scootr5

Resorts Owned:
    During ARP you can make any reservations you want and have points for, even exceeding the 10 unit limit. As I understand the new policies you still only have 48 hours to put guest names (or other owner) on them.

9. scootr5

Resorts Owned:
    Good point, although I've run in to plenty of owners that do t understand the reservation rules.

10. paxsarah

paxsarah TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Pagosa, Wyndham at The Cottages & Ocean Blvd
    I was less responding to that part of the post and more to the expectation that Wyndham (or the club) would be raking in those $99 fees by the tens of thousands in the first 48 hours after the new system goes live. My counter was that people either already paid that $99 (or changed owner names) or they're still not going to be paying attention until after their overlapping reservations get cancelled.

11. Braindead

Braindead Guest

It's a little telling that the old site is still up.

Did Hilton keep their old owner site up when they rolled out their new website ? I thought they had both sites up and owners could make reservations on either site for a couple of months. Our new big boss did come from Hilton

12. CO skier

CO skier TUG Member

I do not think that the old site is "up" any more now than the new site was "up" prior to today.

13. cayman01

cayman01 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Bali Hai, Shearwater
    Though I have my doubts I am hoping for a smooth transition. I hope the new site works well and problems are held to a minimum. Unfortunately there are going to be a lot of people who lose vacations due to the new rules and not knowing about them. I hope Wyndham at least has some contingency plan for them, whether it be point refunds or something else.

I think keeping the old site running til the kinks get worked out of the new one would be smart, but not sure that wil be possible. Can the new rules be patched into the old system? Seems they have their hands full as it stands now.

14. Braindead

Braindead Guest

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Is very appropriate in this case

15. CO skier

CO skier TUG Member

It seems they are having enough difficulty patching the new rules into the new system.

16. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Good luck Wyndham Folks. Wyndham did an "upgrade" to the Worldmark System in March. Two months later and many people are still having problems.

17. Avislo

Avislo Guest

At this point, the new website probably is probably complete awaiting official release with the exception of reservations and related issues.

End of Day 1, Wyndham is still sending confirmation e-mails.

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 2:35 AM
  18. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

Odds are either "for" or "against" something happening. I believe it is twice as likely that we will rollback, but I am not offering a "for" bet... :)

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 4:46 AM
  19. wjappraise

wjappraise TUG Member

It looks like old site is now shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. uscav8r

uscav8r TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

As of Saturday morning, the old site is no longer up. I'm guessing the URL for the new site will be the same as the old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Avislo

Avislo Guest

As of a few minutes ago, called Customer Service (options 3 then 2). They are answering phones. May be able to get in to accounts on and off throughout today and tomorrow. for reservations. Some accounts are coming up but it is real slow. Five minutes or more they are not staying on the phone long enough to get into the account at this point. Data has been transferred. Some tests have been run this morning.

If they do come up for period of time throughout the day and tomorrow, I guess the 48 hour overlapping guest pass period would start.

Last edited: May 20, 2017 at 9:31 AM
  22. Avislo

Avislo Guest

Sorry about this post, but people that what to take the bet talked about earlier might want to jump on the side that the site will be functioning with bumps along the way.

23. md8287

md8287 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, Harborside Atlantis, Westin Lagunamar, Princeville & Kaanapali
    I have to give credit to Wyndham. We had overlapping reservations and received:
    1. General emails all got warning about overlaps.
    2. Email to us telling us we have at least 1 set of overlapping reservations.
    3. Recorded call to tell us we still had at least one overlapping res.
    Good proactive job Wyndham. And yes I am a procrastinator and yes I fixed them on the last day.

24. Avislo

Avislo Guest

25. md8287

md8287 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, Harborside Atlantis, Westin Lagunamar, Princeville & Kaanapali
    I wouldn't touch any data, even if it looks functional, before they announce it's good to go as I can only imagine the amount of resets they do this weekend.