*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Weird (but beneficial to me!) Airline Pricing!

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by gcoleman, Apr 24, 2012.

1. gcoleman

gcoleman TUG Member

Hi,

MY wife and I are flying out to O'ahu next month, and had set up our travel on Delta using frequent flyer miles.

Then we got a note from Delta saying that they had to change our flights, and that I should call to work out the new arrangements.

Many of the flights now were full, or at bad times, so I struggled on the phone with the agent for awhile trying to figure out what to do.

Finally, I said, look if I'm making a change, why shouldn't I try to make it comfortable for me. I asked how many more frequent flyer points I'd have to add to the mix to upgrade to first class.

After a moment of searching, the agent came back and cheerfully told me that first class was cheaper than the coach ticket I'd purchased!

So my wife and I are flying first class, and Delta refunded 15,000 miles to my account!

How about them apples? I'm not sure what lesson I learned here...

G.

2. MichaelColey

MichaelColey TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

That's actually fairly common, but most people don't think to check First. With the advent of Saver and Anytime awards (and Delta is even more convoluted than that), First Saver awards are usually the same price or a bit less than Coach Anytime awards.

3. LisaRex

LisaRex TUG Member

Congratulations! I always click on First Class just to see, and sometimes it IS cheaper to book First.

4. falmouth3

falmouth3 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

That's great news. I found that too the first time we went to Hawaii. No such luck since then, though.

5. BevL

BevL TUG Lifetime Member

hawaii is one flight that we spend our ff miles for first - it's long from the west coast, let alone from your side of the country.

apologizing for my poor typing i'm on my travel computer and i hate this teeny tiny keyboard