TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For any of you worried about seeing the "connection not secure" message in your web browser when visiting TUG, rest assured that TUG is no more or less secure than it always has been! read more details here in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

We have unused Ocean Front Studio [dates removed]

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by gregb, Sep 12, 2017.

1. gregb

gregb TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORN
    Chris and I went to Australia and New Zealand in February of this year, so we missed our usualy WKORN stay in February. Instead we are coming over [at a different time. We are reserved] for two weeks in a 2 bedroom Oceanfront unit.

We thought we would have friends staying in the Studio both weeks, but it turns out the first week is now unused. Any advice on how I might rent it out on short notice and not lose my priority number for the reservation? I have not tried to rent out a unit before, so this is new to me.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

[Information not specific to the question has been removed to prevent this from becoming a de facto ad.]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  2. LJT

LJT TUG Member

Keep your reservation and post it in the TUG marketplace. I'm sure there are Tuggers who would be happy to join you in paradise!

3. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    Rentals within the next 45 days can also be advertised in the Last Minute Rentals Offered forum as long as you meet the forum's criteria. Please read the sticky thread shown in red at the top of that forum before posting.

As previously mentioned, TUG members with rentals not meeting the LMR criteria may still be placed in the Timeshare Marketplace.

4. vacationtime1

vacationtime1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    MAW & MKW (Kauai)
    WKORV-OF (Maui)
    WKV x3 (Scottsdale)
    I have been in the situation before where I had a 2bd WKORV-OF reservation and needed to split off the studio. Owner services attached the one bedroom portion which we wanted to occupy to the old reservation number (to maintain our view priority) and gave the lock off the a new reservation number. We know it worked because we were assigned a sixth floor unit.

5. gregb

gregb TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORN
    Thanks VactaionTime1. If I am able to rent it, that is what I will do.

6. gregb

gregb TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORN
    Another question about splitting a 2 bedroom into a 1 Bedroom and Studio. Can I do this at check-in and put a different name/credit card on the Studio unit? I assume that I can ask that the two units not have the same key.

7. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

If you do it at check-in, both units will stay in your name, but you can add your guest's name to one of the units, and their credit card, and it can be keyed separately. To actually get a confirmation in a guest's name, you have to contact Owner Services in advance.

8. gregb

gregb TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORN
    Thanks Denise. Appreciate your help.