• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We are now full time timesharing

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Magic1962 - Dave - Edie here. I am loving this. Looking forward to many years on the road. Also, we love meeting TUG and blog friends along the way and are looking forward to officially meeting Ron and Joan. Thank you for your kind words.

b2bailey - I was born and raised on the Monterey Peninsula, grew up in Prunedale. When Michael was still working with California Department of Corrections, we lived on grounds at Soledad. Fun. The kids loved it having their own Kennedy type compound to play in. We are looking forward to more time in Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina in January and February.

Miss Marty - We booked 2/25/2014 to 3/7/2014 at Woodstock at Massanetten. It looked like it was about halfway between New Jersey and Gatlinburg. Do you know anything about it?

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike here. We have an ongoing discussion about how long we are going to do this. I am not as open as Edie for long term. I am holding her to our original 2 to 5 year plan. It is fun and the new normal, but I do miss our California home and friends and my son. I think grandkids will change her mind.
Mike
www.fulltimetimeshare.com

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Mike here. We have an ongoing discussion about how long we are going to do this. I am not as open as Edie for long term. I am holding her to our original 2 to 5 year plan. It is fun and the new normal, but I do miss our California home and friends and my son. I think grandkids will change her mind.
Mike

We had originally planned on two years in order to decide / find where we would want to settle in retirement. We did want someplace WARM. And we have just kept going on because we liked [almost] everywhere! And we could not decide!
(A friend asked, Have you every discussed where you might settle down? Yes, almost every week!).
I wanted Florida, especially St Augustine, where we like it so much (owning 8 weeks there – Yikes!) but DH said it was too hot in the summer. We talked about Phoenix, - after all it’s dry heat, isn’t it? – but it’s really an oven there in the summer.
We have decided that Hawaii is about the perfect temperature place, especially since now that my brother is moving there full time, but…..yep! it’s those grandkids! Friends we know have lived in Kona 7 years and they have seen their grandchildren in Seattle 4 times , and they said that was fine with them.
Well, not for us!
If you have read our BLOG, you know that we are very involved with the grandchildren in Seattle, and that’s what we like! We’re going to try to spend more time in Seattle while they are growing: the oldest will have his senior year next year and the youngest is 10. Not too many more years left….

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miss Marty - We booked 2/25/2014 to 3/7/2014 at Woodstock at Massanetten. It looked like it was about halfway between New Jersey and Gatlinburg. Do you know anything about it?

I'm going to be at Woodstone from 2/15-2/22(Presidents week) this is my second time going. When i travel my travel guide is always my 8yr old daughter, so what we look for in a resort maybe a bit different then you. But i can tell you, you will never be without SOMETHING to do at massanutten, even if you don't care for the waterpark or any kids activities, the wine tours, beer lovers dinner, murder mystery dinner, Arts&Crafts & Other activities will keep you VERY busy.

It's a very fun location, from what i remember from my last trip, the closest supermarket really isn't THAT close, so you may want to stock up on groceries before you check in

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Magic1962 - Dave - Edie here. I am loving this. Looking forward to many years on the road. Also, we love meeting TUG and blog friends along the way and are looking forward to officially meeting Ron and Joan. Thank you for your kind words.

b2bailey - I was born and raised on the Monterey Peninsula, grew up in Prunedale. When Michael was still working with California Department of Corrections, we lived on grounds at Soledad. Fun. The kids loved it having their own Kennedy type compound to play in. We are looking forward to more time in Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, and South Carolina in January and February.

We would love to meet you two also. We live on the NC coast. We will be a MB, Sc in mid January for a few days. We live only 2 hours north of Myrtle Beach.

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
momeason - We would love to meet you while we're in the area.

Ridewithme38 - Thank you for sharing about Woodstone. I was a little worried since it looks so isolated, but we've been having fun at the resorts we have no expectations about.

Ron and Joan - We're leaning more towards Hawaii also, but we'd have to talk our kids into moving over. We love reading your blog and know how involved you are in your grandchildren's activities. I want to be like that when we have grandchildren.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister and her husband made 'the move' to Hawaii a few years ago after he had suffered a heart attack. They had a lovely home on a golf course. But, for some of us, even that won't keep us from missing the grandchildren. And they moved back to the mainland recently.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Living in a Timeshare

Mike and Edie

Have you ever called and asked for extra

Linens and Towels
Sheets to cover up the living room couch and chairs,
since you never know what you could be sitting on.
Extra bath and pool towels to save on having to do
laundry so often, etc.

Have the resorts provided these extras
for free or did they charge you extra?

Have you been to a resort that brings you
fresh sheets, bath towels, coffee, etc daily.
We recently visited The Tamarack Club Resort located in
Western North York that provided daily cleaning at no charge.

Filters
What has been your experience with timeshare air cond & furnace filters
Have you checked? Have they been maintained and replaced often.
With the upcoming allergy, cold and flu season, be sure to check out the filters when you first arrive and call for a replacement if they are dirty.
Everyone knows, The first thing we do, is to call for a new furnace filter.
The Marriott Surfwatch in Hilton Head had the best filters.
They were the kind that could be washed out with water.

Vacuum Cleaner and Bags
Ever notice that the vacuum cleaner is always stored in the living room closet with the extra linens for the sleep sofa. You will be surprised at how full these vacuum cleaner bags are with dust and dirt.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Magic1962 - Dave - Edie here. I am loving this.
Looking forward to many years on the road.

Also, we love meeting TUG and blog friends
along the way and are looking forward to
officially meeting Ron and Joan.
Thank you for your kind words.

How many Tuggers and Blog friends
have you met so far this year?

Has Lexi made any new friends while traveling with you
Do you think that once she is married and has her own
family that she would spend her vacations at timeshares?

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miss Marty

All good points. We are not nearly diligent enough on the cleanliness issues. We will start to notice. So many resorts, such variety of up keep. We only remember the Plaza Resort in Reno offering daily maid service. Many offered mid-week service. Some offer when requested, some if you put your towels in a basket in the hall way by 10 am they will exchange.

We've personally met 4 people this year and are in touch with about 4 more couples hoping to meet at some point.

Lex is uncertain as to her travel plans, but likes resorts. She is not making new friends on the trip, between snapchat, facebook and texting she is in nearly constant contact with her existing friends. Some guys have approached her through social media when they notice she is in their area, but she doesn't encourage much for what she sees as a long distance friendship.

Mike

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
www. getravelop .com

Mike

GETO is available to ALL Government Employees
Local, City, State, Federal & Retired Government.

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fulltimeshare

Mike and Edie

How many timeshare presentations
have you been on this year.

What are some of your favorite internet sites
that you use to store your t/s travel photos.

Please add a few pictures of gas stations
with gas prices when you stop and fill up.

Really enjoy reading your t/s travel blog!

Last edited:

ride2slide

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, am enjoying your updates. I'm learning alot! The hints and tips are great! I am a Newbie here, but have already learned enough to buy 189k Wyndham Points in Nashville where we have family. I plan to use most of my points there. I am interested in traveling more with the RCI last call options. My "sis" also has a II acct so I was able to get her to put me on as an administrator so I can book my own II getaways in my name. I just had to pay her the differrence of the platinum from her current gold membership. Hubby is still working full time but goes with me when he can. I think we plan to travel full time for a couple of years. We also do the RV thing, so our plan is to keep a piece of property with an RV shed as our base, since we will be selling the ranch when he retires.

Let me know if you are planning on spending any time in AR.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fulltime Timeshare Travel - East Coast Expenses

Lodging - Groceries - Restaurant - Gas - Entertainment - Misc - Totals

How does timeshare living in Virginia, North Carolina & South Carolina
Compare to t/s living expenses for western & central parts of the US

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Miss Marty:
The expenses are growing because our daughter is with us and we have not tallied up November yet. Maybe in two days we can publish and give a better answer to this question. Tomorrow is a long travel day, so maybe tuesday we can publish a new costs page.

I am guessing we have attended at least 10 time share presentations this year.
We will probably do some in Florida.

Dear Brushycreekranch,
We are so glad you enjoy our blog. We would be delighted to meet you and your husband some time. It is fun being on the road and getting familiar with new places. I am really enjoying the discovery aspect of this adventure.
Mike

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wish you a Merry Christmas

Mike - Edie - Lexi

Hope that you've accomplished everything you've set your mind on during that past year. If not, let 2014 be the year of your personal success.

Hope you are enjoying your Christmas
timesharing in Warm & Sunny Florida.

danrucker3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Mike and Eddie,

I should have caught up on your blog a few weeks ago, we just missed you in Florida. Our family spent Christmas at Legacy Vacation Club Orlando. Spend Christmas Day in Miami and last Friday at Kennedy Space Center (near you).

Have a wonderful new year, and look forward to seeing you when you come back up this way,
Dan

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
How many Tuggers and Blog friends
have you met so far this year?

Miss Marty
Well, you have not addressed us, but I can only say that we have met SO MANY new friends via timesharing....

we just stopped in Picayune MS on our way from Jackson to Destin on Thursday to have lunch with people we met at Cherokee Village (AR) this August! (the most recent)

we will be personally meeting 3 new TUGGER friends in the next week here at St Augustine, plus those we will meet on Jan 21st at the "annual Golden Corral meeting" in Orlando,

plus...our very best friends whom we met here at St Augustine Townhouses - who have fixed weeks right next door.....Stu and Nancy - they travel to meet us at other timeshares and we do too to meet them other places - as well as driving to Toronto last May to visit them....

and so it goes....

danrucker3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike & Edie,

Yes, the $50 is well worth it, we didn't add any extras - had a budget you know :) If you go, plan on taking the bus to tour of the complex and the Apollo museum, that is very cool (and free). The kids and I spent the vast majority of our time at the Apollo museum before returning to Orlando.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...we just stopped in Picayune MS on our way from Jackson to Destin on Thursday to have lunch with people we met at Cherokee Village (AR) this August! (the most recent)

My mom grew up near Cherokee Village and Hardy. I loved to visit when she retired there; several of us siblings would rent one of the large houses there for ~$200 a week.

Sounds like a lot of fun to meet all these people during your travels.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks!! Looking forward to reading all about your exciting adventures ~ I've even bookmarked it!! Thanks for letting us all travel vicariously through you! Enjoy all your adventures, and continue to tell us all about them ~ and the occasional picture would be great too. :whoopie:

Mike and Edie really post a lot of pictures - it's just like being there --almost!
I don't know how they do it - i am always behind with our BLOG.

Like now, we are in St Augustine....

Looking forward to meeting Mike and Edie next week some time....

Mike&Edie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our blog is a lot of work but it's also our diary and we're loving looking back on all we've seen and done. (Especially since as we age our memories get worse.) We treat it like our part-time job and have fun with it.

We are SO looking forward to meeting Ron and Joan and picking their brain since they've done this so long and we're only on our tenth month.

Mike & Edie

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the confidence, but you've got it pretty well figured out!

We met Rick and Patti yesterday that have been full time since June.. again, mainly using RCI Last calls or Extra Vacations.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looking forward to reading your blog as I have had this in the back of my mind for a while now. I think Worldmark is a great plan for this. Besides using credits during blue/white seasons, you can also use Inventory Specials.
Happy travels!

Yes, it would be very easy to do with WM. We stretch our WYN points as much as we can, too,. When we bought,we were in the eastern part of USA so Wyn had more resorts near us. Now, we are spending more time on the West Coast so it would be nice to have had WM - yes, I know, they are combining more together, but there is that "fee" to trade on and off....

Good luck with future plans you have.